Sequel: Lost, Lost, Lost

Love the Leaves

the river always flows

He decided to sit next to me on the bus instead of his brother. I usually talked to Ant (short for Anthony) but today Seth was next to me. "You look nervous," he said with a smug grin. I pouted and disagreed. I told him that my nervous face was in reality my excited face. It was an obvious lie, and I'm pretty sure he knew that, but he went along with it anyway. How... Seth-like, I guess.

Not that I knew him very well.

I texted my mom and told her I'd be at a friend's house and I'd be home later. She said it was fine and Seth grabbed my heart and thrust it out of my chest when I told him. I was so happy and so ready. My first time.

He would be my first time... for everything.

---

We got off the bus and walked to the Coffee House. Seth thought maybe they'd have some tinfoil so we could make a bowl. But when he asked they were totally suspicious. Needless to say, we left.

In his very woodsy backyard we smoked. We smoked 3 grams of pot and like a full pack of cigarettes. Then we very happily walked to this place he liked to call the river. Another one of our friends, one of my ex's, showed up to hang out with us. The three of us walked to the river and Brick cracked a huge smile. "DUDE, this is THE most legit pot smoking place ever!"

The river was a small creek, with large rock slabs next to it. And tons and tons of trees. I had to admit, it was pretty amazing. Especially because Seth was here. We all three smoked more cigarettes and just kind of chilled until Seth had to go.

So it was just me and Brick, Brick and me. We sort of looked at each other and smiled. He leaned in and kissed me, first soft and slow. But when I got on top of him, the kissing got much more intense. It was wild, our tongues flying and lips smacking and I had to admit he wasn't very good at kissing. I decided it was like kissing a camel, which it pretty much was.

Then I made him stop. I didn't like his kissing and he was confusing me somehow. Maybe it was because I just smoked pot but I wasn't too sure.

My sister called me, freaking out. "Where are you?! Syd's here and we've gotta hang out with her!"

"Meet me behind the Coffee House," I said groggily. I turned to Brick and told him I had to go. He offered to walk me and I decided maybe I should let him since we just made out and everything.

I got in Syd's car with half a pack of cigarettes in my pocket and a mellow feeling in my chest. But I guess it wasn't appreciated because she suddenly asked me if I was smoking.

"Well, yeah." I said simply.

Then we got in an argument and she ended up taking my cigarettes and my pride. I was feeling kind of bitchy, especially since I was coming down around that time.

We hung out and I went home to take a shower so my parents wouldn't be able to smell the marijuana on my body. Such a great afternoon. ...Not really.