Sequel: Midnight
Status: Moved from of my accounts on Q!Zilla

Take it Back, Jacob Black.

Twenty-five

“Ryder! You seriously need to fucking loosen up.”

I was trembling. Not from fear or sadness. No, I was pissed off. Someone tagged my locker at school with red spray paint saying: WHORE. I touched the locker with my fingertips, hating that I didn't know who did it. And, then, by some miracle, a voice floated through my mind, Ask Lauren McKinley. Not bothering to think about where the voice came from, I ran to the lunchroom.

She was sitting at the table with Jessica Stanley, Angela, Newton, Yorkie, Swan, the Cullens, and some other people. Marcella came into the lunchroom and her eyes went wide. I tapped Lauren on the shoulder and she turned around, “Oh,” She said, “It's you.”

“You damned straight it's me.” I hissed. I leaned to whisper in her ear, “Listen you little bitch, I know you know who tagged my locker. Give them up or I'm going to make your life a living hell.” I growled menacingly.

She stiffened and stood up, pulling me over to the wall. “Look, you didn't hear this from me, but it was that girl that brought those freaks over to our table.” She said, her pretty face becoming disgusted. I smirked. Bella Swan. I looked over to their table to see Edward stiffen and whisper something in his girlfriend/fiance'/ whatever the hell she was's ear. She looked up and locked eyes with me.

For a brief second she looked scared, and then she smirked. Lauren reached into her pocket and pulled out a twenty, “I'll give you this if you put her in ICU.”

I laughed. Really hard. Wiping my eyes, I shook my head, pushing the money back to her. “No, keep it. I've got little miss dumbfuck.” I said, walking out the cafeteria. Marcella kicked off the wall and wrapped her hot hand around my upper arm. I snatched out and looked at her. Part of me wanted to forgive her for not telling me anything, but I'd never tell her that. “Don't touch me like that.” I said, sounding sad.

She nodded, thinking it was because of Lucian. No, I got over the repulsion of people touching me, I was just pissed that I couldn't make him suffer more than that. “Listen, we've come across some freaky stuff on patrols so stay out of the woods.” She warned in a hushed tone.

I smiled, holding up my hand, “Swear.” I said.

*

I skipped through the front door of my house with a smile on my face. It felt good to key that slut's truck. Not that you could tell anyway, but still. I got my locker repainted too, so that was another reason to dance around like a maniac. I plugged my ears with the earbuds and pressed play under artists, on BrokeNCYDE. “Get Crunk” played in my ears and I screamed along/moshed/jumped to the song around the house.

I spun into the kitchen, grabbing a sodapop from the fridge and going up the stairs. At least, I attempted to when someone tapped me on the shoulders. I ceased spazzing out, and plucked one earbud from my ear. “Yeah?” I asked Trace.

He inclined his head in the direction of the living room and gave me the Look that said that Mom was in the living room. I sighed, not in the mood to deal with some End of the World shit, but I guess I had no choice since it involved me. Mom had that Vincent kid sitting next to her. He looked bored and slightly amused.

I blushed, how long had they been in here? “What's going on?” I inquired, plopping cross-legged on the floor. Skylar took a Popsicle from Trace and I twisted the cap off my pop.

“Your brother told you I had some bad news.” Mom stated. I noticed she looked tired. Older. Worried. I nodded my head and raised an eyebrow, signaling her to continue. “Madhavi, the woman who helped Lucian, didn't die.” She said.

That was impossible. I'd seen Jacob whoop her ass. There was no way she could have survived that. Unless, I thought with horror, he didn't rip her apart and burn the pieces. The only smoke came from the cabin and Jacob and Madhavi had disappeared into the forest. I swallowed against the bile that began to rise in my throat and took another sip of soda. “She went to Italy...she set forth a battle between the angels and vampires. One that's been brewing since the Dark Ages.” She said.

“Okay,” I said, “what does that have to do with us?”

“Well,” She started, “Madhavi's a very unstable individual – even for a disgusting bloodsucker – and you killing Lucian must have set her off. We've gotten word from a source in Volterra that the Volturi and their guards are deliberating on it. You have to know that if they declare war, that every human is vulnerable. There will be no secrecy anymore. Think of it like a world war. Every kindred is going to choose a side. They will fight any and every where. They will turn humans into warriors to fight with them. They will use them as leverage and they will use them as food.”

All the air left lungs and the world began to swim. “The end of the world.” I murmured.

Mom frowned, “Not the end of the world. Just...close to it. Few people from any kindred, human included, will be left.”

My chest tightened and my mouth grew dry, my head pounded and it was like my air supply was cut off. I gasped for air, clutching my brother's hand. “ Ryder!” He exclaimed, hands flying to figure out where it was coming from.

I grabbed my chest with my other hand and whimpered. “It hurts...” I struggled as the world faded and I was plunged into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
In case anyone was wonder, she was having an attack.