Sequel: Midnight
Status: Moved from of my accounts on Q!Zilla

Take it Back, Jacob Black.

Eight

There was no sign of a party anywhere. The only thing was that there were more than a few cars parked in front. I grabbed the six-by-four inch box that contained both mine and Skylar's gifts, and pocketed my keys. Skylar grabbed the box from my hands, his blues eyes sparkling gray in the sunlight.

"Be careful, Sky." I said, following him up the porch steps and into the quaint little house.

He scoffed, knocking on the door. "Really? Really, Sissy? What's going to happen? I'm going to hold it and put it on table inside and then not touch it. Okay? That's it."

I laughed and held my hands up as if in surrender. "Okay, okay." I said. The door opened to reveal Sam. He smiled at us and took the present. Skylar smiled and ran into the living room. "Thank you. For inviting us, I mean."

Why was my heart racing?

Sam nodded his head and ushered me in. "It's no problem. As much as we hear about you, you're almost family." He said, causing me to blush. "Everybody, this is Ryder!" He introduced, propelling me into the family room. It was packed with people, all of them had big smiles on their faces...except one.

She was stunning. Better looking than the Cullens, in my opinion, she had skin a half shade darker than a penny. It had this amazing glow to it and her long, raven black hair was straight. Straight bangs covered her forehead and started to shield her hypnotizing black eyes. Her lips were set in a grim line, clearly she didn't want to be here.

I blinked and looked around the room, waving at everyone. They introduced themselves and I sat on the floor next to Skylar. "My other brother, Trace, should be here around five." I said.

"How old is he?"

Emily Uley was an equally beautiful woman as Leah, it was clear they were related somehow. She had three, jagged pink scars running from her left temple across her face to her right cheek. I smiled at the woman, "He's turning 23 in two weeks."

"So is Leah."

That's the woman that didn't want to be here. Skylar looked at the woman and grinned, dimples showing up on his face. I hid my face in my hands, knowing full well what was about to happen. "You're really pretty." He said, smiling up at Leah.

"I am so sorry!" I exclaimed to her, grabbing Skylar and giving him a death glare.

Leah laughed, surprising almost everyone, "It's fine. At least he knows good women." She said. Both Skylar and I laughed, but no one else did. I suppose there was a reason behind the tension in the air. I was a visitor, so I suppose I shouldn't ask.

Sam piped up suddenly and went outside. "He forgot the food was on the grill."

The front door opened and Jacob's voice echoed throughout the house. "Sam? Em?" He walked into the living room and everyone jumped up.

"Surprise!"

He laughed, seemingly genuinely surprised. He made the rounds, thanking everybody for putting it together...and then he looked down at me. "Who's stalking who, Ryder?"

"Haha, Black, you're lucky I came at all."

"Please," He said, scoffing, "don't pretend you don't want this."

"I don't have to pretend, sweety, I don't want that." I said, looking him up and down.

He grinned. "Hard to get." He said, "I like that."

Emily broke everyone's silence by giggling. I looked at her and Jacob quirked an eyebrow. "Riight, um, so how are you feeling?" He asked as we walked out the back door.

"I'm fine. So, how come you lied about your age?" I asked.

He looked away, scratching the back of his neck nervously, "Well, chicks like older guys, right?"

I paused. "One, don't use to word chicks around me if you want to be able to reproduce. Two, that's so stereotypical. That's like saying all guys prefer blond bimbos with acrylic nails and double E boobs."

"Sorry! Geez, PMS much?"

"PMS was created by men to answer why women don't let themselves be pushed around."

"That's bullshit."

"Yeah, well, so is your face."

"You seemed to like my face well enough to dream about it."