Rest in my Chest

praising flower beds

I awoke to Jessa's head on my chest, her own chest rising up and down. I leaned into my pillow and remembered last night. It was the most amazing sex experience I'd ever had with another woman. But maybe it was mostly because it was with my soul mate; I'd never really know for sure.

Around 20 minutes later Jessa yawned and lifted her head to look at me. She was even more beautiful after she had just woken up. The soft freckles on her cheeks were more vibrant than usual, her sky blue eyes looking so refreshed and relaxed. I smiled and rubbed my fingers along her cheek, her smile coming out as well. I leaned in and butterfly kissed her, which was about the only thing we could do after just awaking, since we both had morning breath.

"I love you," she whispered softly. Even after moving in together, after everything we'd ever done, she'd never told me that she loved me before. This was the first time that I could actually feel her heart constricting around my own with overflowing love pouring out.

I gave her a soft closed-mouth kiss and smiled. "I love you too," I told her with as much love as I could voice. I told myself that Jessa was the one for me. I was sure of it when I said it in my mind at least. Jessa yawned again and tore the copper silk sheets off of her sunshine dusted body, pulling her long t-shirt off as well. I was facing her back, and I could've sworn that I saw faerie wings growing out of it. But that was probably just my imagination at work. It seemed as if she could be a faerie, though. She was beautiful enough, clever enough, witty enough. She was the perfect amount of everything, really.

Damn, I am the luckiest woman alive, I thought to myself. After going over last night again, I followed Jessa into the bathroom to brush my teeth.