Status: New Story :D

Your Light Will Shine When All Else Fails

Chapter XIII

I woke up at 5:30am as usual and did my routine, putting on a Boys Like Girls t-shirt with gray skinny jeans that had a darker gray cheetah design on it. I put on black and white converse and a black bow on my head. I walked downstairs and saw Alex already awake.
"Hey Alex." I greeted him.
"Hey there, Hallow." he smiled.
"I'm off to school." I smiled.
"Do you want a ride?" He asked.
"No, I got up early so I could walk, but thanks." I smiled and walked out the door.
I decided to act nice to Alex because he defended me when I was getting hurt by mom's boyfriend.

I was in English class, and the bell just rang. I groaned, time for Romeo and Juliet.
"Good Afternoon class. Since I see that Juliet is here, we shall begin at the first time Romeo and Juliet speak." He said. I got up and went to get the script.
Yale began, " If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this:
My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss."
I smirked at him, "You've been practicing."
He winked and I looked at him disgusted.
"Continue please!" The teacher said.
"Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,
Which mannerly devotion shows in this;
For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,
And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss." I said perfectly.
"And you have too I see." Yale said.
"You wish, I just understand what he's saying." I said.
"Continue!" The teacher snapped. I glared at him and he looked away.
"Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?"
"Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer." I said.
"O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do;
They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair." He said leaning in.
"Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake." I said putting a hand to block the kiss.
"Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take.
Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged." He said and leaned once again. I pushed his chest and kneed him in the balls.
He groaned and went to the floor.
"Hallow!" The teacher yelled.
"What the hell? Just because they kiss in the play doesn't mean that I am kissing him here. Lord knows how many sluts his mouth has been on, and in." I said and shuddered.
The class laughed. We continued.
"Then have my lips the sin that they have took." I said.
"Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged!
Give me my sin again." He said and tried kissing me. I blocked with my hand and glared at him.
"You kiss by the book." I said.
A girl came up, "Madam, your mother craves a word with you."
"What is her mother?" Yale asked.
"Marry, bachelor,
Her mother is the lady of the house,
And a good lady, and a wise and virt-virtuous
I nursed her daughter, that you talkeded-talk'd with-withal;
I tell you, he that can lay hold of her
Shall have the chanks-chinks." The girl said, horribly.
"Lord Katherine. Did you not study your lines at all?" The teacher asked mad.
She looked down shyly.
"Leave the girl to be, its hard reading Shakespeare." I said standing up for her.
"It's her first god damned time reading this. What crawled up and died in your ass?" I asked.
He looked at me surprised.
"Seriously. Your up our asses on this project. It's our first time. Jesus." I said.
He opened his mouth to speak.
"Yeah I know principal's office." I cut him off and walked out the door.
I walked to the principal's office and sat on her desk.
"Good morning Ms. Hallow. What seems to be the problem.
"Mr. Sarden was yelling at Katherine for not reading her lines all that great. I stood up for her, because it was our first time reading, no one if perfect reading Shakespeare the first time. I stood up for her, then I cut him off because I already knew he was going to stay Principal's office." I said.
"Hallow, you know that talking back to a teacher isn't respectful." Ms. Morre said.
"Well I give him respect when he gives me respect." I said, "That was the deal with us, and look at us now, respecting each other."
She smiled, "Try getting along with your teachers. I will speak with Mr. Sarden because he isn't allowed to yell at students. You may go. Feel free to take a chocolate bar."
I jumped up ad grabbed a chocolate bar, and hugged her, "Thank you thank you thank you!"