Status: New Story :D

Your Light Will Shine When All Else Fails

Chapter VIII

I woke up in the morning and changed into black skinny jeans, a nevershoutnever shirt and black and white converse.
I walked to Zoey's room and saw her asleep. I smiled and closed the door.
I walked downstairs and saw Lisa and Alex making out.
I walked to the front door.
"I'm going out!" I yelled and opened the door.
"Where?" i heard Alex say coming outside.
"None of your business. I can do what I want." I said.
"Look. I know you hate me, but at least let me look out for you." He said grabbing my arm.
"Don't touch me!" I yelled a memory of one of mom's boyfriend hitting me popped up.
"I-I'm sorry." Alex said.
I looked at him and sighed. I just started walking to Zane's house.
He opened the door and smiled, "Hey lala."
"Hey Zane." I said and walked in. We went to his home theater and watched a movie. In the middle of the movie I through popcorn at his face because he chose a boring action movie.
I got up and started running around the house.
"Kids!" I heard Ms/ Sheldon call. I ran behind her, "He started it!" I accused.
"No i didn't!" Zane whined and I pointed my tongue at him.
Ms. Sheldon smiled and sighed. She walked to the kitchen and I followed.
"Whatcha doing, Ms. Sheldon?" I asked.
"I'm going to make lunch." She smiled up at me.
"Serena. We have to work on some music." Zane said.
I frowned, "But."
"No buts. You said you would write them a song we sing together." He said. I sighed and opened my arms.
He came and I got on his back. He carried me upstairs.
We sat down and I started working on some lyrics and piano.
He started stringing something with his guitar.
"Bring me to life." I sang slowly.
"How can you see into my eyes like open doors." I wrote.
"leading you down into my core" He said and I wrote it down.
"Where I've become so separate without a clean soul?" I said but i didn't like.
"Where I've become so numb without a soul my spirit" He said and thought.
"my spirit sleeping somewhere cold." I said. He smiled and we continued working.
In the middle of working, Zane's phone rang and after asking who it was he gave it to me.
"Hello." I answered.
"Serena where have you been?" I heard Alex's voice.
"What do you want?" I asked angry.
"You've been gone for six hours!" He yelled.
"What's your point?" I asked.
"Get home now!" He yelled.
"Stop yelling at me! You have no right!" I yelled and shut the phone. I put the phone down and started massaging my temples.
"Zane. Can we go to the pit please?" I asked.
He sighed and nodded.
We got up and left after telling his mom.
When we got there I told Zeek to schedule me for a fight.
My blood was still boiling in anger. Really Alex needs to stop acting like he has been in my life forever and like he cares so much.

Alex's POV
"Alex!" I heard Jay scream.
I sighed and shut the phone.
"What?" I asked.
"I heard that Hallow chick is fighting today. I want to go see!" He said.
I hesitated, what about Serena?
"Alright." I said. We went to the pit where people street fight.
When we got there, we heard people shouting Hallow.
We pushed forward and saw the fight. This Hallow girl was really good.
She pushed the guy toward the wall and socked him in the gut. Ouch. That hurt me.
She punched him across the face and he knocked out. I'm guessing we were late.
She turned around.
"SERENA?!" I yelled.
Her head snapped to mine.
She got angrier after she saw me.
"OH MY GOD! IT'S ALEX GASKARTH!" I heard a couple of people scream. I stepped into the fighting arena.
"Are you fucking kidding me?" I asked her, "What the hell are you doing here?"
"None of your fucking business asshole!" She yelled at me.
"I swear Serena when we get home, your not getting out of the house." I yelled at her.
She punched me across the face, "STOP TRYING TO CONTROL MY LIFE! Your not even a smudge in it."
She said and walked away. I saw Zane go after her.
I walked after her and Jack followed me.
"Stop walking away!" I yelled as we got outside and saw her with Zane punching the wall.
"Your Hallow?" Jack asked her.
She nodded at him.
"That's so cool!" Jack shouted. I looked at him.
"Really?" I told him.
"What if you got hurt Serena?" I asked her.
"Stop asking like you care! If you care you wouldn't have left!" She said a tear falling out of her eye.
"If you cared you would have tried finding us after you left! No you just gave up." She said.
"You have no idea what I went through." She said. Zane hugged her.
She put her head on his chest and cried.
"What happened?" I asked looking at Zane. He lowered her jeans a little to show a scar from a cut in the shape of a moon. He lifted her shirt to show a completely bruised back.
"Jesus Christ? Did Faith do that to you?" I asked.
"Her boyfriends." Zane said.
"I'm sorry Serena." I said softly, "As hard as it may seem, it wasn't my fault I gave up."
"Fuck you Gaskarth." She said and walked away.
I sighed, "Fuck!" and kicked the wall.
"Bro, how are you going to tell her?" Jack said.
"Well first of all I'm going to go fire our manager. I should have never listened to that asshole." I growled.

Serena's POV
I was at my old house smoking, alone. I sighed. Fuck man. Everything's so full of drama.
I sighed and put the cigarette on the floor and stepped on it. I walked home.
When I got here, i was greeted by Zoey. I put on a smiled and twirled her around in my arms.
I told her to go to bed and went to the kitchen. I got a cup of water and saw a movement from the dining table.
I jumped, "Holy shit!"
"Why do you smell like cigarettes?" He asked.
"Why do you care?" I asked.
He sighed.
"Serena."
"Stop calling me that." I said, "I go by only Hallow. Only important people call me Serena."
"Hallow, can we please talk?" He asked.
I sighed and sat next to him.
"What do you want to talk about?"
"Ser-Hallow, can you at least try to make this work?" He asked.
"Look Alex. At the moment, I hate you completely for leaving. I'm going to be straight forward about it, not sparing any feelings." I said, "I hate you, Alex. The only reason I am here is for Zoey and this note." I said handing him the note. He read it and looked at me.
"Stop talking to me like you've known me my whole life, stop trying to take care of me. I've done it for 15 years." I said, "Things have changed a lot and I've been through a lot."
"There's a reason I stopped looking you know." He said.
"What is your genius reason, Alex? You had to go. Your manager made you stop looking?" I said, "Well if that was me, ask anyone, no one would get in my way to find my family. So don't use that as an excuse."
He looked at me sadly, and sighed. I shrugged, "Good night."
I went to the guest room and went to bed.