Status: Well, it's done. Thinking about a sequel... But not sure.

If it's just a game, then I like the way that we play.

Flip Flops and Rain

“You’ve reached Monica Merlowe, the mighty mini monster! Sorry I couldn’t answer your call, I’m just a busy chick! *beep*” Monica’s answering machine rambled off.

“Moni-lo, I need to talk to you, please call me back A.S.A.P!” Juliet ended the call and flopped onto the white leather couch while turning on the T.V.

“Severe weather warning for Tem--“ She turned it off again. The weather man was always rambling about some important issue. Besides, his eyes were way too shiny in HD. Since there was nothing better to do, Juliet decided to go on a walk. As soon as she stepped outside she saw the same figure that was there from last night.

“What?” Juliet spat as soon as she saw it.

“I’m sorry for ignoring you.” It said with a sad, puppy-like face that was too hard to resist.

“You should be, Pat. Why would you ignore me in the first place? That’s really immature and stupid” Juliet asked.

“Julie, I had a situation I needed to work out, and I did. Ignoring you was dumb, I know. I’m really really really really really really really really really really really really really sorry.” Pat apologized while getting on his knees and wrapping his arms around Juliet’s bare legs.

“Okay Pat. It’s okay, I’ll forgive you if you let go of me.” She said while looking to see if any neighbors were looking at the two.

“YAY!!!” Pat screamed and jumped so high he hit his head on the door frame. “Ouch, damn it.”

“Nice job buddy.” Juliet said sarcastically. Pat stuck his tongue out child-ishly at her while rubbing his head. Juliet hit his tongue back in his mouth. “Want to go for a walk?” She asked looking at the sky, which was a little dark, but knowing Arizona weather, it was nothing big.

Pat looked up at the sky, shrugging it off. “Sure!” He said enthusiastically.

“Okay, let me get my shoes. Come in for a second. I have to find them.” Juliet told Pat, who walked in and looked around at the super clean house with no flaws anywhere.

“How long have you lived here?” Pat yelled up to Juliet who was digging through the coat closet looking for her orange flip flops.

“Umm, almost two years ago we moved here from Nevada.” Juliet noticed she said we. She usually said ‘I’ seeing as how she had been living in the house by herself for almost nine months now.

“We?” Pat asked. “Do you have roommates?” He said looking around for any other signs of life, but just seeing a picture of a little girl on an elephant with her parents on the table closest to him.

“No, I live alone now. My parents and I originally moved here.” She said trying to get off the topic.

“Well, where are your parents?” Pat asked not even noticing Juliet’s eyes starting to tear up.

“They died about 9 months ago. Drunk driver hit them.” Juliet said as a tear came down her cheek remembering the night.

“Ma’am, excuse me, miss, you’re not allowed to be past that line.” A police officer tried to push Juliet back.

“They’re my parents, get the fuck off of me!” She sobbed pushing past him. “Mom, Dad!” She ran to the broken glass and metal that was surrounding them. Stepping carefully, she found a clear patch directly between the two.

Her parents were barely breathing. They were bleeding out and nothing could be done.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry I told you not to care about me. I love you.” Juliet sobbed and fell down to the ground.

Her dad struggled to raise his hand to her cheek. “Juliet Rose, sometimes we have to gasp for air to live one second longer. If I have to go the rest of my life gasping for air just to stay alive for you, I will.”

Juliet looked over at her mom who was barely living anymore. As tears continued to run down Juliet’s cheeks, her mom closed her eyes and whispered “a bheith saor mo féileacán.” Not being able to understand native Irish, she turned to her father.

“She said ‘be free my butterfly’.”

Juliet looked to both of her parents who grabbed each other’s hands, and one of Juliet’s.

With one last breath, they died.


“I’m so sorry, Julie.” Pat looked at her sympathetically.

“It’s okay Pat. I’ve actually been lucky and had no mental problems from it. I guess that’s abnormally good” She pulled out the best smile she could. “Come on, let’s go.”
As they were walking, Pat spotted a vacant park. “OOH!!! CAN WE GO!!! CAN WE PLEASE!?!?!?”

Juliet laughed, “Yes Pat, we can go.”

“Wooo! He screamed, gave Juliet a small peck on the lips and ran off. She stood there, stunned at her tingling lips, until she got control back and ran to catch Pat, who was looking in tall grass for a flower.

The two played on the jungle gym. Well, more flirting than playing. Juliet felt a raindrop on her leg when she was being carried to the slide by Pat with the flower he gave her in her hair.

“I felt a raindrop, Pat.” She announced.

“It’s Arizona, babe. No rain lasts more than 10 minutes.”Pat said down at the small framed girl in his arms.

Juliet smiled. ‘Babe’. She could definitely get used to that. “Yeah, you’re right. Can you put me down please?”

“Nope,” Pat smiled along with Juliet. He leaned his head in towards Juliet. Just as their lips touched, rain came pouring down. The weather man was definitely right. This storm was terrible, and they were blocks away from either of their houses.

“Come on Julie!” Pat yelled back at Julie who was only an arm’s length away, seeing as how they were holding hands.

“I can't run in flip flops!” She yelled kicking her shoes aside.

They were drenched in the cool rain by the time they reached Juliet’s house. Standing on the porch, Juliet fumbled with the key to the house. When she finally opened the door, she saw Pat standing in the middle of the road.

“What are you doing!? Get inside!” Juliet called at him. He motioned her forward, so she went.

He dipped her down, holding onto the small of her back taking the pressure out of her arching. His free hand cupped her neck as he kissed her once again.

“I’m kissing a pretty girl in the rain.” He responded to her question. Juliet blushed as Pat stroked her cheekbone. “And I’m not done.” He said and brought his lips back down to hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter. Kind of short. But it shows good quality time between Julie and Pat :D Oh, and her parents... I cried when I wrote that. I HATE SILENT READERS.. Please comment guys, even if you're the same person.. It makes me write faster...