Status: Well, it's done. Thinking about a sequel... But not sure.

If it's just a game, then I like the way that we play.

Cruel and Samba

Pat’s POV
I watched Julie’s expression when I told her about Kaye. Surprisingly, she took it well. I think it’s just a mask though. When she went in the kitchen with Garrett and Kennedy to get some stuff to eat, I got a death glare from Elise.

“What?” I mouthed towards her.

She glared at me harder before mouthing back “You dick.”

I was confused, when Kaye left to go use the restroom; I used that as the perfect time to ask

“What’s up with the glare, Lis?” I asked.

“What the fuck, Pat! I thought you would have more decency then to cheat on someone.”

She was trying to hold back from yelling.“You know?”

“Oh dear God Pat, yes, I’m Gare’s girlfriend…. We talk. You wanna know a secret though? Julie loves you, I bet she’s heartbroken right now.” At least she calmed down…

Almost on cue, Kaye, Gare, Kenny, and Julie walked back into the loft. Kaye sat next to me, Garrett sat next to Elisa, and Kennedy and Julie sat next to each other on the floor. While Julie and Gare were playing Left 4 Dead, I swear I saw Kennedy with his hand on Julie’s back before glancing at me and pulling away.

“DIE YOU MOTHER FUCKER!” Julie screamed. We all just stopped and looked at her in shock. She has never said anything like that before.

“S-sorry, but, that zombie wouldn’t die” She said and blushed. Kennedy wrapped his arm around her and whispered something in her ear that made her blush and giggle. She blushed even harder when he kissed her cheek.

I couldn’t stand it. I was holding Kaye, looking at Kennedy and Julie flirt it up while Lis and Gare played some other zombie game. Kenny was tickling her sides, making her fight him back. They were rolling around, on top of each other. It should be me with her. Kennedy didn’t deserve her. Kaye turned to face me.

“Are they together?” She asked me, her plain brown eyes curious.

“No,” I responded, lifeless.

Kaye settled back into my arms and I watched Julie with him. Her emerald eyes sparkled when she looked at him; her smile was one that would make any man kill to have her… I would kill to have her. The doorbell rang, getting me away from my murderous thoughts.

“I GOT IT!” I shouted, pushing Kaye off of me to go answer the door.

“Hey!” A girl at the door said to me.

“Hi?” I questioned who she was until John came up behind her, taking her hand. “Oh! Monica, duh. We’re all in the loft.”

Juliet’s POV

I couldn’t believe it. Although, I should have known, falling in love too fast was too good to be true.

“Jules,” Kennedy called my name. “Come here, we need your help getting food.”
I followed him into the kitchen, eyes watering. As soon as I was in there, Garrett and
Kennedy sandwiched me between them in a hug.

“Kennedy?” I questioned him “You know?”

“Yeah, we all know you love him… Except him. And we all want you with him, I mean, Kaye is great and all. But they act like friends.” Kennedy shrugged. “We do have an idea, it may be a bit cruel, but it might help the whole situation.”

“What is it?” I asked.

“Well,” Garrett released me “We want you to pretend to go out with Kennedy, you know, make Pat jealous.”

I looked at Kennedy, who just shrugged. “This will involve flirting, kissing, and acting all couple-ish, won't it?” I sighed, leaning against the counter.

“Yeah, you don’t have to do it, it was just a thought.” Garrett said, grabbing some snacks from the fridge.

“Okay, I’ll do it.” I told them, smiling.

“Awesome,” Kennedy put his arm around my shoulder and led me back to where everyone was gathered.

---

“Left 4 Dead,” Garrett announced, tossing me a controller. While we were playing, Kennedy was shyly attempting to flirt.

“DIE YOU MOTHER FUCKER!” I yelled, killing a zombie. Then everyone looked at me.

“Pat just saw the little gesture, now giggle and blush.”

Even though he didn’t do anything to make me blush, I did, and when he kissed my cheek, I blushed even more. About 45 zombie-killing minutes later, Elisa wanted to play, so Kennedy and I were ‘flirting’. He had me pinned down underneath him, and he was ticking my sides. I could see the hate in Pat’s eyes.

When the door bell rang, Pat sprang up and answered it. Then, in came the most recent happy couple; John and Monica. They eyed Kennedy and I, smirked, and sat down. They knew the plan.

“Uh, guys, I think Julie and I are going to head back to her place for the night.”Kennedy told everyone while we were watching a movie. We got a lot of smiles as we walked out, except from Pat. If looks could kill, I would be dead.

Kennedy pulled into my driveway. “So far so good babe.”

“Awesome, so, what’s next?”

“You invite me into your house,” Kennedy chuckled.

“I meant in our relationship! But, Kennedy, would you like to come in to watch a movie or something?” I laughed at him as he pretended to looked touched by asking him.

“I’d love to!” He jumped out of his seat and ran to my door like an excited puppy. When I opened the door, he ran straight to the kitchen and pulled out a 6-pack, and opened a can of beer.

“Aren’t you only 18?” He asked me, taking a sip of the drink.

“Yeah, so?” I pulled a stool out from the island and sat down.

“You shouldn’t have beer, you’re underage.” He laughed at the last part.

“Oh come on, like you didn’t drink when you were younger.” I rolled my eyes.

“Touché…” Was all he said. I opened a can for myself, and we started drinking. A few more in, I started telling Kennedy about my dancing.

“Do you know ballroom?” He asked me.

“Yeah, some. I know the tango, samba, rumba, and waltz.” I admitted.

“I know how to samba… Shit. I’ve never told anyone that before.” A pink blush took over his face.

“You’re secret is safe with me.” I reassured him “Hm, you up for a little dance?” I asked.

“Why the hell not.”

We walked into the studio, and I put on some music. He grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him, holding me tightly. He started leading me, and soon, we danced as if it was choreographed.

“That was so much fun.” Kennedy told me with a huge smile on his face.

“Hell yeah it was. I haven’t done that since…” I trailed off, walking away.

“Since when?” Kennedy called after me.

“A while ago,” I said with a small voice.

“What is it?” He caught my arm, and spun me around so I was facing him.

“I was at a competition, and some talent scouts were there, and I got accepted into Juilliard.” I rushed the words out of my mouth.

“How old were you?” Kennedy asked me.

“14,” I whispered.

“Why aren’t you there now?” Kennedy whispered back.

“After my parents… got… were… died, I just couldn’t go. I wanted to stay here.” I told him, my voice barely audible.

“Go,” Kennedy looked at me seriously.

“W-what? No, I don’t want to.” I lied to him.

“Do you still have the scholarship?”

“Yes.”

“Go.”

“No, I don’t want to. Kennedy, I think it’s time for you to go.”I told him, walking upstairs. He followed behind, but before leaving, he snuck a kiss on my lips. That wasn’t a part of the deal… Aw shit, what did I get myself in to?
ba
♠ ♠ ♠
Not very keen on this chapter. I don't like writing in different POV's, but I couldn't figure out how to write it any other way. Comments are nice ;) Check out my new Garrett story! I Wanna Love You