Status: Re-edit new chapters comming soon.

The Slytherin Princess

The Cases

Chapter Three: The Cases
It was a normal busy Wednesday evening and Heather was seated in her father's desk chair with her feet propped up on the desk. She was leaning back while watching her father's co-workers walk to and from outside of the medium sized office. She was waiting for her father to come back form an interview with one of the suspects in a recent case her was working on. Heather had decided to be dropped off at the police station after going school shopping. Not regular standard school shopping, which was done in diagon ally for witches and wizards, but normal shopping for cloths on weekends, writing utensils and other common things. Most students didn’t, but Heather and Hermione were accustomed to it. Hermione was at home preparing for their departure on Sunday as usual. Heather on the other hand didn’t but had to go back. Don’t think that she hated school, she didn’t. Hogwarts was one of the most ordinary places she had ever seen. She hated education, such as primary and secondary. It was just the fact of going into a whole new world. Even being away form home for long periods of time was hard. Hermione loved it; she was your average wise witch or as Heather called her a plain dork. After watching one of her father's partner’s walk in and drop off some documents, her father came in looking irritated and stressed. He troughs off his tie, and took off his gun and placed it on his desk. Heather raised an eyebrow curiously at her father and sat up removing her legs off of the desk. Her dad by this time was already searching through the documents that had been previously put on his desk. Heather absently minded grabbed her father's hand gun. It was a police issued HK colt 45. It wasn’t loaded and the safety was off. She could already tell that her father had no intensions of using the weapon in action today, he rarely did. She let her hands glide over it and held it properly squinting one eye as if she was getting ready to aim. Her father was now eyeing her with his eyes narrowed. He knew she wasn’t going to shoot it, she was taught better. But Heather did show a great deal of interest toward her father's career. It was a different aspect then the jobs that were desired from the wizarding world. Her father was in his early forties. He wasn’t bulky or chubby but in enough shape to complete his duties. He had short dark hair; he just looked like your average good quality father. He was handsome in some ways but it was overlooked. "You know if my supervisor walks in its going to be my ass, dear." he said eyeing her. Heather shrugged and sat it back down and clicked the safety back on. Smiling she said,” Sorry dad." "Heard you been here a while. Didn’t want to go home?" Already knowing the answer Heather shrugged combing her dark brown hair behind her ear,"Yeah" she said. "Sorry I was so long. Had an interview and three more suspects came in." he said spreading the documents out on his desk. He was standing across from her. Heather could tell by her father's tone this was another big case and he would be working late. It was already nine at night. She saw other police walking past the door. Small chatter filled the halls, probably form shifts changed. "That’s fine." she said getting up. Her father knew she was going home. He felt bad because she knew she wanted him to get off work, but she was used to it. "I'll have Randy give you a ride home." he said moving over to his filling cabinet. "Yeah....Okay....." Heather was cut off by her cell phone ringing. She pulled her flip phone out to see who was calling her, it was her sister. She answered it. They were still accustomed to using muggle like technology. Her father looked up at Heather for a brief moment. "Yeah...” her father heard her mutter.