Status: Re-edit new chapters comming soon.

The Slytherin Princess

Getting Ready For School

Chapter Five Getting Ready for School.

"Is it really necessary to pack all of this?" Heather asked folding her legs on the bed. "Well of course it is all these are voluble accessories." she said mockingly. Just then an owl came through the window with a letter from Dumbledore saying that Professor Snape will be picking up the girls tomorrow morning. "Oh right...that’s why father paid a load of money for the muggle device we have...what was that called?" Heather mockingly tapped her finger on her mouth,"Oh yeah, a laptop." she finished. "Books don’t get glitches, and can’t randomly shut down on you." Hermione retorted witty. "Not if you take per-caution and don’t get viruses or spy ware." Heather said rolling her eyes. "Who’s the nerd now?" Hermione said smiling. Heather eyed her and got off the bed stretching. Hermione was grabbing yet more books from her shelf and placing them in a suitcase. "I really don’t understand why you really rely on technology so much." she teased, a small played across her face as she grabbed more books. "Sorry, I love my computer, even though it hates me." Heather said willing laughed out loud. "Besides instead of having a ton of luggage, I can store information I need." Heather said. Hermione turned around, her face slump. "You take that contraption to stay in contact with this world as your other devices." she said raising her eyebrows while holding up her cell phone. Heather scowled and walked out the door just as Hermione said,” But...that is normal." It was a little past eleven. The summer night was silent as a stream of water. Heather was sitting in her backyard. Their backyard was spacious with oak and pine trees decorating it. Near the backside was a wooden play set. The night sky had no moon, only sky and stars scattered about. Heather had spent so many memories in this backyard and ever year she had to go through leaving it, even though Hermione and Heather go certain privileges to comeback home on the weekends. Most of the time they still stayed at school. The first year and second year at Hogwarts they came home every other weekend. Third year they did a couple times every month. Now that they will be attending their fourth year, she didn’t know how much she would really be home. Every year it seemed the distance increased. Heather pulled her legs up to her chest as the cold wind past. She loved the wizarding world, but she was still confused about which world she belonged to. Yeah she had magic in her, but in the other world she was seen as a mud blood. "Your all alone." she heard a familiar voice. Heather glanced up to see her father. Heather said,” Me and Hermione got a letter from Professor Dumbledore saying that Professor Snape is coming to get up tomorrow to take us to the train." He had his long sleeve work shirt unbitten to reveal a t-shirt over black slacks, his tie was undone and Heather knew he must gotten home not to long ago. Eric sat down beside her. He folded his hands and lined back on the porch. "Pretty night out ah." he said. "Yeah." she said. Eric knew she was having problems about going. She always did. As where Hermione was overly excited as Heather was not. "You all packed?" he asked. Heather nodded silently. She combed back a few strands of her hair. "Hermione told me about the trip to diagon ally. She met with the Weasels and saw Potter." Eric said as if they were foreign pronunciations. "I know. She had a blast." Heather said. "You didn’t go?" Eric stated the as a fact. Heather's back stiffened and she nodded. Heather put her hand out and randomly blew into her palm. A small wind formed from the end of her hand. Then it stopped as Heather exhaled. "What spell was that?" her father asked smiling. "None. It wasn’t one." she said going quite. Eric knew she was stressed. "You can come home next weekend." Eric said in a skeptical manner. Heather knew it was more then likely by some unknown force she wouldn’t be. "Maybe." was all she said. "Well there is the holiday’s kiddo." Eric said placing a strong hand on her shoulder. Heather became tense and looked away. Even her father's touch was automatic signals that made her want to break. "Night dad." Heather said pushing herself up. "Night Hun." her dad said watching her. Heather walked past him opening the screen door. She stopped holding back worry she felt insecure. "Dad....?" she asked. Eric didn’t even turn back but replied,"Yeah Hun?" "Nothing." she said letting the screen door shut. She knew the Hermione was already in bed. Heather got a glass of orange juice and was leaning on the kitchen counter, she knew she should be in bed but wasn’t. She heard her father come back in. His walkie talkie could be heard from down the hall. He would get called in she knew. He walked in the kitchen noticing her. They were both silent. "They are talking up a storm; mine as well go check on it." Heather said taking small sips. Eric shook his head and spontaneously walked over and lifted Heather into his arms. Heather raised her eyes confused, “Dad...”she groaned. He lifted her onto his back, she obeyed holding on. "I'm a little old for this." she said. "Negative." her dad laughed. Heather hugged her father from behind. The clock struck midnight and they both stared at it. "Come on, you need to get some rest before tomorrow." he said.