Surprise.

one of one.

“Close your eyes. I don’t want to have to blindfold you.” Alex laughs, attempting to walk and cover Jack’s eyes at the same time.

“I say we just blindfold him anyway.” Rian remarks. Alex nods and pulls his scarf from around his neck and ties it around Jack’s eyes.

“Unfair!” Jack yells, pouting.

Zack looks at his phone, reads the text he’s just received and elbows Rian.

“We’re good.”

Rian grins, looks at Alex and then they both drag him across the airport arrivals lounge. Zack tails behind them, scouring the crowds for the main part of their plan.

They stop and all three of them begin searching, Alex keeping a tight grip on Jack’s wrist.

“Bingo.” Zack says, his eyes finally falling on a small man in a denim jacket, with a flopping blonde and black fringe. Zack worms his way through the crowds and talks to him, before pulling him over, suitcase behind him.

“I swear, you better have a good reason for blindfolding me and dragging me somewhere on my birthday.” Jack pouts again, folding his arms.

“Oh, we do.” Alex says with a smirk as he watches Zack pulling the other guy behind him. They stop in front of Jack and Zack nods at Rian.

“We weren’t quite sure what to get you for your birthday.” Rian says, moving to stand behind Jack and starting to unfasten the knot in the scarf, “So we just got you this.”

Rian pulls the scarf away and Jack’s eyes fall on the black-haired man in front of him.

“Laurence?” He asks, and all of a sudden, he’s grinning. Laurence nods and Jack pulls him into a tight hug, his arms around his waist.

“I missed you too, love.” Laurence says with a smile, rubbing his nose against Jack’s. Jack smiles and kisses him gently. Jack picks Laurence up by his waist and holds him slightly above his head; Laurence looks down at him and giggles a little. Jack puts him back down and kisses him again.

“Okay, well done, you’ve been here less than two minutes and I already want to throw up from all the cute.” Alex remarks. Rian rolls his eyes at him and Zack starts to drag him off.

Laurence laughs at them until Jack kisses him again.

“So this is the best birthday present ever.”