I Woke Up Without Her

I woke Up Without Her

My head was throbbing, as I rolled over to look for the girl I had brought home last night. I didn't even remember her name only that I had been drunk at a bar and met a girl with silky blond hair that I had fell head over heels for and I had brought her home. Now that I thought about it I figured I was drunk like I had been the last few nights, because of the massive headache I had woken up with. When I saw the empty, wrinkled sheets beside me, my eyes widened as I took It all in: she was Gone. As I looked closer i saw a piece of folded paper laying there grabbed it as I stood up and walked out of my room and down the hall.

I felt tears running down my face as I remembered last night us telling each other of our love for the other. when I reached the Bathroom I grabbed my pants from last night and reached into the pockets searching for the slip of paper i had received from her last night. I opened the paper only to reveal that the address was just a few houses down. I rushed to my front door and quickly walked down to the address i had been given. I found only an empty driveway. I went up to the door and knocked. It opened as soon as my knuckles touched the door. I walked into an empty house and fell to my knees.

It was only than that I remember the piece of paper i had found. I opened it and read:

I'm not coming back
I've done something so terrible
I'm terrified to speak
But you'd expect that from me
I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt
Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair
- Sunday

As I finished reading the note, I got up off of my knees and wiped the tears from my cheeks. I turned and left the empty house. I slowly walked back to the door and walked out I stopped and sat on the steps.
I reread the note and looked up it was raining 'Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair' she, Sunday, had said. This girl was weird. With a sudden rush of energy I stood up and set off for the neighbors house.
I hammered my fist hard on the dark wooden door until a chubby man in a wrinkled under-shirt and dark blue boxers cracked open the door and, rubbing his eyes. crankily asked "What?"
"Sunday, the woman that lived next door, did you see what happened to her?" I asked the rugged man in a hurried and rushed voice.
"She packed up and left about two o'clock this morning. Made a ton of noise and woke the whole block up." he grumbled, sounding as sleepy as he looked. I mumbled a soft "thanks" and turned on my heel leaving.
I slowly walked back to my own home, letting the rain drench me to the skin.
'I guess I'll go home' I thought to my self. 'I guess I'll go home.'