Status: Not in school but working. So will try to write and upload as much as I can.

When Opposites Attract

My Silly Little Mistakes

Lacey:

I run as fast through the town as I can, avoiding crashing into people.
I run into an alleyway to my left as I catch sight of Damien.
I try to stop myself giggling loudly, but it doesn’t work out well.
I hear footsteps coming from the darker part of the alleyway.
“Oh” I hadn’t even thought of how dangerous this could be, but Damien wasn’t far behind.
“A beautiful young girl shouldn’t be walking the shadows alone. Especially around these parts young lady, haven’t you heard about the murders?” speaks a creepy voice.
I look but all I can see is a black cape looking thing, and no head.

“I...ugh my friend is...” I don’t get to finish my sentence as someone or rather something knocks me to the ground.
“Get off me please! Help me” I scream trying to push the man off me.
Something cuts my wrist sharply making me wince in pain and then again when it cuts my neck.
I feel my blood drip from my neck to my new dress and my hand falls flat on the ground.
I feel the man biting and licking my neck, sucking out all the blood.
A vampire how could I have been so stupid!
I suddenly feel myself drifting out of the moment.
He just bites harder and harder.

I wake hearing a familiar voice calling for a “Young lady” to wake.
I feel a hand pulling at me making me stand up.
“Madam I’ve covered your wrist with my handkerchief but the bleeding in your neck is still quite bad, please let me get you home my wife is a nurse” the voice speaks.
“You’re the man from the dress store, oh thank you. You must’ve saved me, oh where’s the vamp...man?” I almost whisper.
I suddenly realise how week I am and stumble, the man catches me.
“The man you were with? I didn’t see him, just you Mrs did he do this?!” the man says shocked.
“No...No...I don’t know. What’s your name?” I ask beginning to feel faint.
“Michael sweetie, but you can call me Mike. Now please let me get you home” he smiles reassuringly.

When I wake up again I’m in an unfamiliar room with yellow walls and wooden furniture.
I touch my neck to feel a large tissue soft material over the cut and the same on my wrist.
I sit up taking in the whole room and sighing at the fact I don’t know where I am or how to get home.

“Ah you’re up thank the heavens! Young lady you slept the whole night after I fixed you up. It is morning and what a rainy morning it is” laughs an old woman with glasses.
“I need....need to go back home please, they’ll be looking for me” I say rudely.
“Oh yes dear well do these people of yours have names?” she asks.
“Umm...uh....Adrian, I’m sorry I haven’t been living with him very long. He lives in the big mansion looking place in that field just outside the town. I can find my way back if you drive me to town” I smile standing up.

“Ah Adrian Murphy, ah I know the place. No, no dear it’s much too wet to walk outside. We’ll call Adrian and have him send someone over to pick you up. Now darling while I do that you can get dressed. Your clothes...are in the bag at the end of the bed. You can look through the wardrobe there for something to wear, my daughter is about your size” she smiles leaving the room.
I pull open the doors of the wardrobe and pick out a black sweater with a long neck and some black jeans.
I figured covering my bruises might be a smart idea, Damien would certainly go crazy at my foolishness.

I sit on the end of the bed with my face in my hands.
How could I have been so stupid?
I remembered what the man had said as a mocking warning.
What murders? I hadn’t heard anything!
The door creaks and the old woman enters the room again.
“Michael has called Adrian, he is sending Damien over immediately so if you want to wait in the living room till he comes, you are more than welcome dear” she smiles.
"Thank you, I’ll do that” I smile leaving the room with her.
Ugh Damien is going to hit the roof when he gets here!

As soon as I think it, there is a knock on the door and I rush to answer it.
I open the door to Damien standing there drenched in the rain, he gives me a forced half smile.
“Are you okay? You’re not hurt are you?” he asks.
“Umm no not really just a few bumps on my arms and legs from fighting him off, please I just want to go home and rest” I frown.
“Of course, thank you Mr & Mrs Montgormery. We must go now” he bows his head.
I look down at my clothes.
“Oh what about the clothes?” I worry.
“Oh love don’t worry about those old things. Keep those and stay safe hmm?” Mike smiles.
“I will, thank you for.....saving me I guess”

The twenty five minute car ride home is filled with awkward silence and occasional glances at one another.
As soon as we get to the front door Damien finally speaks.
“You might want to tell Adrian you ran off, he’s seriously pissed with me for not keeping my eye on you” he whispers pressing the doorbell.
I don’t speak, I simply numbly nod.

Adrian finally answers the door and doesn’t seem to happy at all.
“Lacey in my office now as soon as you get cleaned up, Damien do not interrupt us please” he says quickly before walking back to his office.
Damien & I exchange a worried look before walking into the living room.
I quickly attempt to dry my new clothes and slowly as possible walk to Adrian’s office.
He can’t hit you for being foolish.
He won’t scream, people would hear.
Damien would hear.

Besides everyone makes little stupid mistakes and wanders off from time to time.
The thoughts weren’t convincing me at all.
Adrian was never angry or aggressive, well that I’ve seen.
But even so, a part of me told me to never get on his bad side or disappoint him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment on what you think.
I don't know whether or not to continue posting chapters of this story.