Desires of the Soul

Chapter 2

"Oh Madeline,” Noah whispered, hugging Maddy. He held on to her tight, as if she would disappear at any moment.

“Uh, Noah. Not that I don’t like this, cause believe me I do. But you’re sort of squishing me.”

“Oh,” Noah let go of her and took a good look at the girl he had fallen in love with in high school, the only girl he’s ever fallen in love with.

She looked the same as the last time he saw her, 7 years ago. Her bright green eyes shined so bright, it almost blinded him just to look at her. Her brown curly hair was in a tangled bun, the way she would always wear it. Even with no make up on her face, she was as beautiful as ever.

“Quit staring at me, you’re starting to look like a creeper!” Maddy smiled.

Oh god, that smile did wonders to him. He missed seeing that smile on her face. Even after everything they have been through all those years ago, that smile once again turned his world upside down, causing butterflies in his stomach. Something he hasn’t felt in years.

“I’m sorry, I just- I can’t believe you’re here. At one of my concerts. And in a place I never imagined to see you. Why are you here? Perhaps a fan of Sanity Screams?” Noah grinned.

“You wish!” Maddy said while laughing. “No. The reason I am here is because of Kelly. You remember Kelly right?” She pointed to the girl flirting nonstop with the lead singer.

“Oh yes, how could I forget her? She kicked me in the balls when I said her drawing was ugly.”

Maddy laughed at the memory of Kelly kicking Noah in the place where the sun don’t shine just because he said her drawing looked like a deformed animal.

“Hey! Don’t laugh, I still have nightmares about that girl!” He grinned.

“Oh yes, cause dear old Kelly, who wouldn’t hurt a fly, scares you,” She teased.

“Of course she does. She’s a vicious creature!”

Maddy smiled, but then her smile turned into a frown. Something Noah hated to see on her.

“So why didn’t you find me Noah? You had seven years to do it, but you never did. I waited for a long time, hoping someday I would see you again. I lost hope, Noah. I stopped waiting. Kelly was the only person there for me when I would cry myself to sleep. She helped me put the pieces back into my life. As did Tyler.”

Noah said nothing. The thought of Maddy being unhappy because of him teared him apart. He never wanted to make her feel that way, but because of what happened seven years ago; he could have never faced her then. He was scared of what she would think if she ever found out. He would hate himself more then he does right now.

“I’m sorry Maddy..” Noah whispered.

Maddy saw that she had caused sadness in him after what she said. She went up to him and hugged him. Ignoring the noises of his friends howling in the background. Noah returned the hug and took a deep breath, smelling the vanilla scent in her hair.

“I want to explain everything to you, Maddy, I really do. But I don’t have time right now. I’m on tour with the guys for the next three weeks.”

“How about after? I’ll still be here, in this shit hole of a place,” Maddy replied.

“I’ll come back to you, I promise.”

Somehow Maddy knew that this time, he would keep his promise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, it sucks. but what can you expect?
please comment and subscribe (: