You're Only Market Value

Morning Surprises

I came home that night, and Quinn wasn't there.

The silence gave it away.

Sweet, sweet silence.

I walked to the living room and put my bag on the floor next to the couch.

Ever since Quinn became a permanent fixture around my household, I've been sleeping on the couch because he always beats me home and takes my bed.

"Ya know, You don't have to sleep on the couch." He said from his spot on my matress.

"You're on it." I said, annoyance in my voice.

"There's room for both of us." He said, smirk plastered across his face.

I didn't even dignify his statement with an answer. I laid down on the couch, feeling the broken spring digging into my side, and the sink hole under my shoulder.

"Suit yourself." I heard him mumble from the bedroom.


I smiled as I walked into the bedroom. I put on my flannel pajama pants, and crawled into my bed for the first time in a long time. Feeling like I won a small victory over Quinn.

I burrowed myself in the blankets creating a cacune around myself. I was soon dead asleep. One of those sleeps that an earthquake wouldn't wake you up from.

When the light attacked my eyes in the morning I felt a arm slung around my waist, soft breathes dancing across my neck.

He Cheated! I got here first!

Underneath the anger, there was a slight tugging at my stomach. I had to focus on being mad to distract myself from it.

I tried to wiggle out of his grasp, without waking him.

I was almost out when he stirred. I froze. He groaned and slowly his eyes opened.

When he saw me he smiled. "Good morning" He said grogy.

"Morning." I said irritably, now attempting to sit up, but the grasp on my waist tightened.

"No, don't go." Quinn said pulling me back down, resting his cheek on my shoulder, and shutting his eyes.

"let me up," I whined, the tugging in my stomach becoming much more of a nuisance.

"You're customers can wait a little bit." He said rolling onto his stomach to look at me. He was dangerously close.

I opened my mouth to say something then stopped. He was right. Any other day I'd make them wait.

"I hate it when you're right." I said, noticing his slight bed head, making a barely noticeable smile creep onto my face.

"Stranger things have happened" He said in almost a whisper, looking like he was in a trance.

He slowly inched closer, and closer until our lips met gently. I put my hand on the side of his face, and deepened the kiss, stomach now in knots. He squeezed his arms under me and pulled me close.

Unlike last time, it wasn't hungry or heated. It was just.. sweet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I'm a cornball.

comments are my favorite ;]