You're Only Market Value

Crackdown & Quick thinking

It has been awhile.

The snow all melted, leaving behind a sloppy, muddy ground, and the junkies were coming out thier caves, the cold the longer threatening thier comfort.

My supplier said to be on the look out for suspicious characters. Well.. more suspicious than usual. Apparently, the city has decided to try and clean itself up. Making my job a hell of a lot harder. The big wigs uptown in thier cushioned chairs decided to rain down on all the drugs that are "poluting the city streets, and seeping into homes everywhere."

When are they ever going to learn?

They can never get rid of drugs. They'll always be there. Like gravity, or herpes.

But the head honchoes will always spend millions of tax dollars to try.

I guess it was only a matter of time.

That brings us to today.

As I run down the street, pursued by the most vile law inforcement officer known to man-- The narc.

Formally known as a narcotics officer. Enemy to dealer and addict alike.

My gym teacher told me I should have ran track, that it would have gotten me far.

I never believed him, but after a few swit sprints, and a couple detours, my buddy the narc was no where to be found.

But now I have to run home as quick as possible, and figure out where I'm going to go until the heat dies down.

About ten minutes later I'm inside my house with my mouth under the spicket, drinking heavily and trying to catch my breath. It was a few minutes later when Quinn barged in wearing the biggest I'd ever seen adorn his face.

"WE GOT SIGNED!"

I couldn't even begin to process that information.

"Look Quinn, I need to leave, I got busted. I need to go, and fast. So I dont know when--"

"Well you could come on tour with us! Be a stage hand, or a guitar tech, merch anything!"
He said suddenly more excited than before.

"I couldn't. Thats completely--"

"Oh yes you can! And besides I owe you. We could pay you under the table. Payton never exsisted." Quinn said with a wink.

I guess major excitement stimulates quick & clever thinking from Quinn.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter :]

let me know if you do too ;]