Status: Updates soon. Promise. :)

The Starburst Bracelet

Everytime You Lie

Two months have passed and there's no word from Coda since the day he left for Arizona.

I walked along the sidewalk with the sun beating down on me, making me squirm. This was the beginning of my summer vacation.

I made my way up my driveway and unto the porch only to find a brown package propped up against the front door. On the side in block writing, was written my name and home address. Allegra Indie Jennings. 1017 Oak Street. I scrambled to pick it up and unlock the door. As soon as I got into the house, I grabbed a pair of orange scissors and tore it open. Inside, there were countless Styrofoam peanuts, which I pushed aside to find a colorful bracelet, and a green envelope.

The bracelet caught my attention the most, not because of its many colors, but because of what it was composed of; Starburst candy wrappers, Coda and I's favorite candy. I grabbed the envelope, opened it up, and a blue stationery paper emerged.

Allegra Indie Jennings,

If you hadn't already figured this out, this entire package is from me, Coda Ardel. You've might have seen the bracelet. Don't wear it. Starting on the last day of school I want you to remove the only purple wrapper, read it, and go to the place written on it. Then, do the same thing the next with the next wrapper. You must work in a clockwise direction with the bracelet. Please don't ask why, just do what they say.
Your friend, Dakoda "Coda" Ardel.


I set the letter down on the counter and grabbed the bracelet. My fingers were careful not to damage it as I removed the purple wrapper. Once I had it in my hand, I unfolded it only to find Cobra's Cafe written in black sharpie.

I was nervous and afraid. Once I started this I knew I could never stop until I got to the final wrapper. I placed everything back inside the package and placed it in my bedroom. The last thing I wanted to worry about was my mother asking why I was doing this, when I didn't even know the reason myself. As soon as the package was stored safe under my bed, I grabbed my keys and headed to the cafe.

To my surprise, the cafe was oddly vacant. There was nobody inside except for a girl with strawberry blond hair pulled back into a loose ponytail. she was dressed in blue faded jeans, a white cotton shirt, and a cherry red apron. I pushed open the door and chimes went off.

"Hi," the girl grinned, waving at me using the dishcloth she was using to clean up the counter.

"Can I get you anything?" she offered.

"Uh... no thank you, I'm just looking," I replied as I shook my head, my dark auburn hair sitting my face.

"Alright, just tell me if you need anything," she smiled once again and she continued to wipe up the counter.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a giant collage on the eastern wall with hundreds of papers, candy wrappers, and more. In the middle of it was a section only covered in purple items. I waltzed up to it and scrutinized that part of the collage. My eyes suddenly flew to a purple index card written in Coda's block writing.

Allegra Indie,
Everything that I've told you from the start has been a lie.
- D.A.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! Sorry I didn't update this as soon as I planned.... But now I'll try to update this at least once or twice a week. :)

P.S. Sorry if there's some typos or anything. :P