Status: Updates soon. Promise. :)

The Starburst Bracelet

Shiver.

The wrapper for today is red. The only words written on it are, “Zirah's Bakery."

-

When I walk up to Zirah's Bakery, I see Diesel perched on a red wooden chair. There was no food, no drinks, no people surrounding him. He was just staring into outer space. I enter the shop and I'm greeted by one of the two women lingering behind the counter. She has dark purple waves around her pale complexion. Her name tag tells me her name is Cassadee.

"Hi, how are you?" she smiles.

"I'm fine. How are you?" I reply.

"Wonderful."

I nod and then approach Diesel. Before I can even tap his shoulder he breathes, "Sit down, Allegra." I do what he says and pull out the red chair across from him.

"I'm not going to waste anytime trying to consider your feelings," he informs me.

"That's fine."

"Okay, first things first. Do you remember the day Coda's mother was killed?" he asks.

"Yeah... we were about twelve or thirteen and I remember I'd forced him to spend the night with me because my mom was out. And there were cases of rape circling the neighborhood."

Diesel stared at me.

"Wait. Coda's mom was... raped?" I ask in disbelief. Coda had told me that his mother had died in a car crash.

"Yes, and just not by anyone. Does the name Albert Moriarty sound familiar to you?"

"Yeah, he was my mom’s second husband… I met him when I was... twelve."

Diesel stared at me once again, telling me that there was another obvious point in the air.

"He raped Coda's mom?" I ask.

Then, guilt piles up inside of me, multiplying like white rabbits.

Diesel nods.

"Is this why he's doing this to me?!" I cry, standing up from my chair.

He stands up with me, puts his hands out towards me like he was trying to comfort me without making any contact.

"Allegra,-" Diesel begins.

"No!" I cry. The ladies behind the counter are staring at me with wide eyes and half-smiles like I am a show.

I start sobbing and run outside and away from everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated. :)) And I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes I made or if somethings in the story don't make sense.