Status: working on it...just stated posting so chaps will come fast...and then they'll slow down as i run out of pre-writs...

Dreamland

5

“Found him?”

"Yes…”

“And that means… what exactly?”

“He’s more than likely not living anymore.”

I felt my eyes go wide around and managed to stutter out, “If they found him, what good do you think I will do?”

“His counterpart had become corrupt. The moment they met, the boy’s life was doomed. I am sad to say that Aeroius was a very good friend of mine,” Jalim said gravely.

“Was the counterpart another dragon?” I asked. I didn’t want to push boundaries, but I figured that if Jalim was my counterpart I had the right to know certain things.

“No. He was a Dog. Active Dragon counterparts have --perhaps not so recently—become less…. willing to play the role of counterparts.”

“Meaning?”

“Jallana – you’re stalling. We need to head to your home in order to plan. You can ask questions later, but for now we need to plan and attack. Do you understand?”

I felt the urge to protest. I wasn’t stalling, I was just curious. However, like always, I quieted a the admonishment and agreed to leave.

“Where is our home exactly, Jalim?”

“IT is in the Far Reaches of the Just Beyond.” Sensing my confusion, he rumbled in laughter and added, “The Skies of Mendia, accessible only by Dragon, Unicorn, and Faerie.”

“Will I meet them all?”

“Doubtful.”

“And why is that ‘doubtful’?”

“The Skies of Mendia lay very wide and stretch very far. This is why the skies have their own regions, and certain regions are so large that they must be divided by providence.

“Jalim, wouldn’t Dragons be on Jekrakath? You do breathe fire after all.”

“Yes, that’s true.”

“Then why do you live in the Skies of Mendia?”

“Because, of late, we Dragons fly far more often than we fire-breathe.”

“Why?”

“All in good time, Jallana, all in good time.” Jalim’s great, scaled body rumbled with laughter once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
fifth chap, as promised. please please please when i finally wake up let there be comments - PLEASE -- im begging you - i would do anything XD

xoxox
twizzler