Sweep Me Off My Feet

I'm Dancing With Tears In My Eyes

"Skylar! Wake up, wake up, wake up!" A very hyper active John Gomez jumpped up and down on top of Skylar full of excitment. 
Summer had came and school was finally out. John and Skylar became the best of friends in the short two months that she had been there, but even though they had became open with each other still she refused to talk about her past. That only caused John to want to get closer and closer to her. 
Skylar loved how much John was their for her, she started to fall for him but in her head she thought that the only thing he wanted from her was his trust and friendship so she made it that way. 
"John, who let you in my room?" Sky groaned pushing him off of her while she rolled on her side away from him. 
"Alaska did. Come on you lazy ass wake up it's summer time we're free to do whatever the fuck we want as late as we want!" He exlaimed jumpping up and down on her bed. 
"Exactly I can do whatever I want, which is sleep and I can do that as late as I want." She cracked a smile knowing full well that John was just going to bug her till she got out of bed and dressed. 
"Oh you fucking party pooper! Get up or I swear I'll tell Cally to bring her air horn and a glass of ice water." 
Skylar jumpped out of bed throwing her blankets on John as she dashed into her bathroom. 
Skylar walked out fifteen minutes later wraped in a long green towel hair dripping wet, to John typing away on her computer lightly playing some songs by Ivory. 
"Whatcha doin?" Sky asked making John jump clicking out of the web page he was on. 
He lightly blushed fixing the glasses the rested on the bridge of his nose. "Just-uh. Downloading music?"
Sky cocked her eyebrow knowing full well that John was hiding something from her but she shrugged it off walking over to her closet then back to shutting the bathroom door. 
John sighed a breath of relief not wanting her to see the IM's he was sending to John about her and the surprise party they all had planned for her seventeenth birthday. Sky walked back out, dirty clothes in her hand but fully dressed in a knee lenghth semi pooch floral dress, silver gladiator shoes and her hair nicely straightened. John had to keep himself from staring at her as she moved around the brightly sun lit bedroom. 
"So what are we doing today Baby G?" Skylar draped her arms around his neck watching as he went through a list of music to listen to. 
"Well Skylar June, how about we head over to Dessert Valley Mall and have some lunch?" He turned the seat around pulling Sky onto his lap, then continued on buying new music for her to listen to. 
Skylar leand her head on his just watching as he scrolled through different artists. She was so tempted just to lean down and kiss his lips but she had a gut feeling that maybe it would ruin their friendship. However, John was just occupying himself from doing the same as she sat on his lap with her head on his breathing softly and quietly. 
John stopped looked up at her with a smile heart racing seeing as their faces were nearly touching. 
"Ready my love?" He said with a cheesy tone and a crooked smile. 
"I am ready my dear." 
The two laughed climbing down the stairs. 
Alaska jumpped turning her back away from them with a suspicious smile. 
"Bye Sky! Have fun you two." 
"Uh- see you later?" Sky responded back with a confused face. 
John just pulled he out of the house leading her to his car. He opened the door for her closed it then ran to the drivers seat. 
The two wondered around the outdoor mall waiting for Paradise Bakery to clear up a bit. 
"You're acting really weird. What's wrong?" John glanced down at Skylar with a blank face. 
"Nothings wrong. I'm just really excited!" His lips curled into a crooked smile semi lying. 
"For?" 
"Come on Sky the guys and I have been talking about it for the past two weeks!" She looked up at John confused for a second. 
"Oh yeah the show! When is it again I keep forgetting." 
John chuckled at her. 
"Jeez I suppose you would also forget your own birthday." 
Skylar laughed knowing he was right. "You know me all to well. I would forget my own birthday. I'm surprised I haven't forgotten my name yet."
Skylar didn't catch on to the hint John had given her about her birthday. She didn't even realize that the date was June 13th her seventeenth birthday. 
"I myself am surprised you haven't forgotten your name yet Skylar June." John added emphasis on her middle name hoping she would catch on, but she didn't. 
They ate at Paradise Bakery laughing and talking ignoring a group of girls that kept staring and whipering about the two who were enjoying a friendly lunch. 
John jumpped up from his high stool seat, feeling his phone viberate in his pocket. 
"I'll be right back." He told Skylar walking outside of the busy resturant to talk to John over last minute party stuff. 
As Skylar sat watching him the group of girls walked over to her with grins on their faces. 
"You two make a great couple." A dirty blonde green eyed girl spoke. 
"W-what?" 
"You and John. You guys make a great couple." 
"Oh, John and I are just friends." Skylar got really defensive without realizing it. 
John looked in the window eyes bulging out of his head slamming his phone shut and running back in the glass doors. 
"Well that was interesting." Sky laughed as the two walked out of the resturant and back to John's car. 
"I didn't even know people really knew our band." 
"Please kid you guys are going to go far!"
They drove around for a few more hours, wondered around the Tempe Beach Park then drove back to Scottsdale to Alaska's house. 
"Huh, I wonder where Alaska went." Sky mummbled noticing the dark blue SUV was not parked in the drive way. 
"She probably just went out for a few. Want me to walk you to the door?" She smiled, blushing slightly at John's question before nodding he head.
As she got out of his car he sighed not knowing if she would say yes or not then the whole surprise would be somewhat ruined. 
John draped his arm around her shoulder casually walking up the driveway to the front door. All the lights were shut off making the house pitch black. 
"I'm glad I had you come with me I'd probably piss my-" 
Skylar was cut off when the lights in the house flicked on and a massive group of people in party hats threw confettie yelling "Surprise" at her and John. 
Tears began to stream out of Sky's eyes seeing everyone there. 
"I can't believe I forgot my birthday." She giggled making everyone else laugh. 
JohnO walked up to Sky giving her a hug and placing a party hat on her head. Then Jess walked over to John bumpped him out of the way with her hip then wraped her arms around her. 
"Happy birthday ma love, here is your party cup and if Alaska asks you it ls Dr. Pepper." She whipered in her her with a wink. 
Joel walked up to her smiling shyly at her giving her yet another hug. 
"Yo, my party hoe!" Justin walked over draped his arm around her shoulder pulling her away from Joel into the crowded living room. 
"Party hoe? Last I checked I've been to two parties with you and had to drive your ass home." Sky retorted with a grin on her face. 
"Shut up that was supposed to be the two of us. Fuck I don't love you any more." Justin pushed her playfully into Stephen's arms. 
"Well hello there Miss. I-Forgot-It-Was-My-Birthday."
"Suck a dick it's not my fault I never celebrated it." Stephen chuckled. 
The whole night Sky greeted her friends, laughed, danced with Cally and had a good time. 
Though three guys were happy to see that smile on her face they also all had the same idea, it was just a matter of who got to her first.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo if you read closely you'll figure out the third guy who's got the hottie hots for Sky
oh and now you get an idea why her middle name is June lol
I hope I can get more comments I'd really like to hear what everyone thinks (: