Status: Awe...

Arranged Love

I'm Getting Married

Today was a good day. Today was the day I was getting married!

I squealed excitedly, plopping a toothbrush in my mouth as I bounded down the stairs. I ran into the kitchen and ruffled my hand through my brother's hair. “Hey bro.” I mumbled with a mouth full of foam before tossing myslef up onto the cabinet, spitting my gunk in the sink.

“Will I ever get those back?” He pointed to the playboy boxers that used to be his on my butt.

I smiled. “Nope.” I said spitting white gunk on him. “EW Blaire.” He said, wiping his face. I would have stuck out my tongue, but I really couldn’t with a toothburhs in my mouth so I just rolled my eyes.

I walked to the fridge and pulled out the orange juice, still brushing. “Caleb called earlier…” Jake said, spooning his cereal glummly. I smiled at him as he contiued to push around his fruit loops.

I grinned and bent over the sink, spitting out the rest of the gunk before running more water in my mouth, spitting again. “EW…you are such a guy at home!” He growled and I spit at him. “And you are such a girl…all the time, no wonder she dumped you.” I smirked as his mouth fell open.

“She’s not a lesbian; she wants to date a man…” I teased. I knew who she dumped him for and apparently he didn’t. “Come on, Kyle Reed, the hottest quarterback of the ninth grade.” I pressed, acting like those over hyper little freshmen.

He rolled his eyes. “They’re going out you know.” I said simply, teasing him more, taking a big gulp of orange juice. “And they’re gonna get married and have kids, and make love.” I teased more and more and he glared at me, too pissed to cry.

He grabbed his bowl and flung it at my head. I ducked and it smashed against the wall. “I hate you!” He screeched, wiping his eyes as he stomped his way upstairs. I laughed my head off, he deserved better.

“Bye bro-da.” I mumbled, taking an oatmeal cookie off the counter and taking a bite. I smirked as the blasting of Here without you by Three Doors down echoed down the steps, my own little present I left him.

It was "their song" and as I passed by, I put it on in his room just so he'd die inside.

I smirked and then ran up stairs, shutting my door to my room. My mom was already at work, telling everyone about the wedding, yes I just said wedding, and I am cool with it, fine, absolutely.

She was getting married to my teacher, Mr. Gregory. (Bet I tricked you huh!) They were going to be married next year and I was actually glad. That way she would be all happy and bubbly all the time, just the way I liked her. And besides...we were both getting married...wasn't that great?

I grinned and then slipped on a pair of jean booty shorts and a purple V neck shirt. I grinned at myself in the mirror and played with my medium length black hair, I could never get it to look, just right. I played more and then gave up, pulling it up into a pony tail and pulling strands out randomly to hang in my face, I usually did this.

I fixed it quickly so it looked acceptable and grinned, time to tell Caleb the big news. Tomorrow was my eighteenth birthday, I knew that, he knew that, but what he didn’t know was what I had been waiting for my whole life.

I was getting married. My mom had planned this when I was five, to a boy that lived all the way across the country, one of her friend’s sons. I knew nothing about him, but I was looking forward to learning. He had been waiting for me too. We both were told on our tenth birthdays of the marriage and after that we used to send each other cards, talking about our wedding.

Then mom said we shouldn’t talk, saying it’d be more romantic if we grew up apart, and got to know each other when we got married, and fall in love then. I sighed; this was the best day ever.

I would like this wedding, unlike most people, even though it was arranged. I had lived my whole life happy, with no regrets, no boundaries. I didn’t care if a guy dumped me, I didn’t care if he hurt me, because I didn’t have to worry about him marrying me.

Because of this, I was the most popular girl in school, everyone knew me. I had nothing to lose, because after tomorrow, my graduation, I would never see these people again. And Caleb, was just another guy who had happened to fall in love with me, he was too girly for me to like him though.

I smiled, and thought of my new husband, would he have muscles, what did he look like, what color were his eyes, did he believe in love, was he nice, was he romantic, was he mean, would he act like a guy, would he make me happy, would he excite me? I had a million thoughts.

I wasn’t like I was before, after my mom told me about my wedding, I became the dare devil. I was unafraid. I would do anything because my future was already decided.

I grinned and then grabbed my yearbook and a purple sharpie, running out the door, after slipping on my black and purple converse.

I ran down the street, yelling and laughing and twirling around. “I’M GETTING MARRIED!” I screamed so happy, I had to yell. I twirled in circles, holding out my hands and yelling to the whole neighborhood.

I ran faster, jogging and skipping and I reached the school. I ran up and jumped on a random guy’s back, loping my hands around his neck. He looked up at me, his hands on my thighs. I grinned down, just kidding, of course I knew this guy, and he had been like my best friend for years.

“Hey Mattie.” I said and messed up his hair. “You know what today is?” I asked him and he laughed. “Yes Blaire.” He said. He was the only person I had told about today, so of course he knew… “I am so excited.” I yelled and everyone laughed, they all knew me, and they all thought it was just about graduation.

“I know…me too” He said, and I hugged him. “I’ll keep in contact, don’t worry Mattie.” I told him in his ear and he nodded. “I’m gonna miss ya.” He whispered back and I kissed his cheek. “Aw.” I said and then hugged his neck.

“Hey BLAIRE.” I heard an angry Caleb say, and I smirked. Matt turned, taking me with, still holding my legs on his waist. I smiled, putting my chin on his shoulder as Caleb glared at us infuriated, I loved when he was mad. It made him mad when I acted like I didn’t care, because I really didn’t.

“Put her down!” Caleb ordered, and Matt chuckled, putting me down knowing what I was going to do. I smiled and winked at him then turned to Caleb. “You haven’t answered my calls for a week, you keep avoiding me, your flirting with everyone even more knows…you are such a shitty girlfriend, and you have no commitment…” He listed, and all I said was yep and nope.

He gritted his teeth. “Do you even care?” He asked, softening up. “Nope.” I said and he looked close to tears. “I love you Blaire, and you don’t care about me at all? I have always loved you, but you never paid attention to me. When you asked me out, I was so happy. Then you opened up, showing me how funny and cool you were, and I really fell hard. I thought we had something here Blaire…” He said, and I giggled on accident, thinking of my husband to be.

“I’m sorry Caleb…I just can’t do this anymore. I don’t want to lead you on. Tonight when I give my valedictorian speech, I will tell you the truth.” I said and he gasped. “What, no now, not in front of all those people.” He growled and I smiled.

“It’s not about you Caleb, you’re a great guy really, I’m just not yours, I’m not right for you.” I said and he argued, like he could actually change my mind. “But…I your perfect for me Blaire, I love you.” He moaned and I sighed, resisting the urge to roll my eyes. I had heard this enough.

“You will find someone different…please let me be happy.” I said, and he nodded. “Okay Blaire…for you.” He said looking at me in the eyes like a whipped dog. “Aw, thank you now we have to go.” I said just as the bell rang. He nodded. “I’m sorry Caleb.” I told him and he grunted.

I took his hand, and he put his hand around my waist, crying into my shoulder. I smiled, rubbing his fingers shushing him. I grinned to myself and then sighed, walking into class. Mrs. Briers took us in and sighed, not marking it tardy; we did nothing on the last day anyway.

I grinned and sat down beside Claire and Sherri. I had no real good friends; I didn’t want to get attached to anybody. “Hello.” I said cheerfully and they grinned. “Break up?” Claire asked and I nodded, still smiling.

“Getting single for the summer break?” Sherri asked and I smirked. “I have big plans.” Was all I said and they laughed. Then we talked more, just catching up. Everyone was taking pictures and we posed, having fun and laughing.

“One more…one more…” Sherri burst, holding the camera in shaky hands. Mattie sighed and I giggled at his positon. While playing football he had tripped and fell through a desk in the middle of class, good job mattie.

“Get in there.” Sherri told me and I sighed. I crawled over curling up to him and they took pictures. I smiled. “I'm so excited.” I said, whispering in his ear as I wrapped my arms around him. He sighed.

“Be careful Blaire.” He told me and I frowned looking up. “Not everyone is perfect; he may not be a good guy anymore.” He told me and I frowned.

“He will be…” I said defiantly and he sighed.

“Just be careful, for me.” He pleaded and I nodded. “Okay Mattie.” I said and then got up off him as I heard Mrs. Briers yelling at us about her table. I grinned and passed her. Soon the bell rang and I walked out, slightly discouraged by what he said.

He couldn’t be a bad guy…I remembered what he last said; I had always kept the letters. I liked him, even then just by what he wrote. Then he said that one thing I never forgot. “I will fall in love with you; I promise even if I have to force myself, I’ll make you happy.” I always remembered that, it was the sweetest thing I had ever heard….or technically read.

I wiped away the tear in my eye and was sure; he would still be the same. I walked to my next class, smiling, I couldn’t help it, what would he be like? I smiled to myself and then made my way down the hall, almost skipping. I hoped he was good looking, I crossed my fingers.

I then walked into class, and it was much the same, girls that gossiped, guys that messed around and flirted, same as usual. I sighed and looked at the clock in anticipation, hours later it seemed. “10…9…8…7…” We all started counting down to the second arm on the clock.

Finally I heard the bell, the last bell I would ever hear in my life. I grinned and turned around, I wasn’t going to college. I would never be in school ever again. I didn’t need to. The family I was marrying into was rich, and if I wanted I would go but I knew I probably wasn’t, what I wanted to do didn’t need for me to go to college, I loved to paint. It’s pretty much the only thing I did that didn’t involve guys.

I sighed and then thought about how our house would look, I was going to meet him later tonight, unless I fell asleep, and I promised myself, I would not fall asleep! I would stay awake all night on that plane, just to kiss him. I bit my lip and then Matt pulled me up onto his back.

“Your spacing, come on school is out! NO MORE HIGH SCHOOL!” He yelled like an idiot and I smiled no more high school. “Whoo!” I yelled and he ran down the hall with me on his back, I grinned.

“School’s out!” I began yelling. Then I started yelling out the lyrics and someone put it on somewhere but I didn’t care. I began to sing to the country music I secretly loved. No popular kids did so I had to hide it, but seriously Big & Rich was my favorite band, I knew every word to every song (no joke, told you I’m part country!) It started playing All Summer long by Kid Rock.

It was 1989, my thoughts were short my hair was long
Caught somewhere between a boy and man
She was seventeen and she was far from in-between
It was summertime in Northern Michigan
Ahh Ahh Ahh
Ahh Ahh Ahh

I began to yell and Mattie sang with me, as we got off the school grounds, all of us screaming and running like bandits. I laughed along with everyone and stumbled along with the song.
Splashing through the sand bar
Talking by the campfire
It's the simple things in life, like when and where
We didn't have no internet
But man I never will forget
The way the moonlight shined upon her hair

I began to sing louder and kind of off key. As I started to slowly cry. I was gonna miss my poor Mattie, and my brother, this town and all these people. I never would’ve thought. I sighed and hugged Mattie, he stopped and dropped me.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and cried into him. “I’m GONNA MISS U!” I yelled in a choking voice and he rubbed my hair.

The song continued and I ignored it, crying into him. He sighed, and pulled me off. “Blaire Mackenzie, you’re getting married so stop whining and shut it! Be happy, I’ll visit!” He told me giving me his look I loved.

I nodded and breathed in, then Brooke came over and I smiled at her. I stepped out of her boyfriend’s arms and she hugged him. “What’s with you?” She asked me nicely. “You never cry?” She accused, hugging onto Mattie.

I smiled, feeling my face blush. I knew his plans for her and no one else did, we kept our secrets for each other. He was going to propose to her, tonight after graduation, so they could get married right before college. They had been together four years, and had never broken up. She didn’t suspect a thing, she was worrying about me!

“Nothing Brooke, I’m just a little sad high school is over.” I admitted and she smiled at me. “Well, honey it is! We’re going to college!” She chanted and leaned up and kissed Mattie. I made a heart shape with my hands and he rolled his eyes, putting his hands on her waist.

Surprisingly she trusted me, she liked me and she never got jealous or paranoid thinking he liked me or I liked him. We were just friends, and we would always be, Mattie was just a really sweet guy.

I sighed and saw him kiss her hair, smiling in a good mood. I nodded at him and then looked at Brooke. “I’m okay.” I said again and she grinned. “Come here.” She said and I hugged her, Mattie stepping back. She was a good girl, and the closest friend I had ever had.

She was a pretty girl, cute. She had long shoulder length brown hair and pretty blue eyes, I had dark black hair and gray blue eyes, and Mattie had brown hair…like his fiancé.

Hopefully when Mattie came he would bring her. I hope she said yes, god she better. I smiled at her, and she grinned then walked to Mattie holding onto him. I smiled and grabbed his other side, putting my arm around his waist also.

We walked in a line down the street towards my house. Mattie had invited her over, but of course she didn’t know what was happening. I wanted to tell her, since well she was like my best friend second to Mattie, but I couldn’t, she would freak out.

Plus I couldn’t tip anything off about her and Mattie. She would hear about two weddings in one day, that would be big a surprise. She also didn’t know she’d probably be my Maid of Honor, since I had no one else.

Today we were just going to hang out at my house, and go to graduation together. I smiled, I would like that. I had to see him propose. I just had to, my best friend growing up.

I smiled and then we reached my house. I walked in and then walked up to my mom, smiling at me. I hugged her, crying again. “I’ll miss you too mommy.” I told her and she smiled. “You’ll see me often enough love.” She said, assumingly.

“No…but I’m all grown up now. I will never be your little girl anymore, I’m getting married, I won’t even have daddy’s name.” I said and she smiled. I won’t either sweetheart. But your father would be happy…for both of us, he would have been happy to see you marry such a great man.” She told me and I nodded, willing myself to stop crying.

“How do you know he’s good?” I asked, worrying again. “I would never let my daughter marry someone who wasn’t, I’ve met this boy. He is worrying just like you honey, he feels the same way about you.” She told me and I smiled. “Thanks.” I said and took a deep breath, I was getting married, oh boy.

I smiled and looked over at Mattie and Brooke. “Well, time to graduate.” I told them and Mattie laughed. “Yes, time to graduate kiddies. You’re growing up.” He told me and I smiled. “Too fast.” I mumbled and he nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, hope you like!!!