Status: Awe...

Arranged Love

Graduation

Everyone was silent. My breath echoed on the microphone, catapulting over the awaiting crowd, the shuffling of robes, those long awaited nervous breaths, happy smiles, long lost I love yous. This was it, our high school graduation.

"Today is the best day of my life. I woke up happy, not one bad thought entered my head. I've graduated high school." I echoed and everyone cheered, including teachers. "Today was the start of my life, of all our lives. I know some of you will be successfull, some of you will be great, but most of you will make mistakes and I'm here to tell you its ok. We're all adults now, we all have our own lives and what we do with them is our choice. Our parents, our teachers have helped us grow up and now its time to move on. We are our own people!" once again there was another cheer and I stopped to let them settle down. "We have our whole futures in front of us to decide...but some of us don't....I'd like to make an announcment."

Suddenly everyone gasped and I looked out to Mattie who was standing, shaking his head no, making kill signs. Blaire STOP. He mouthed but I wouldn't listen, I had to do this.

"I'm engaged." I spoke quietly, but the noise carried over the microphone. Instantly everyone began whispering...who was it, who was it...it sure wasn't Cabel. I pulled out my ring from my jean pocket, under my robe and I slipped it on my finger. It was beautiful. I smiled and contiued.

"I'm getting married this summer to a man who's name I don't even know yet. I wasn't allowed to know. Its an arranged marriage our parents have planned since we were ten years old. I grew up without any choices, my future was decided indefinetly for me. Take a hold of the opportunities before you. You have your life, your choices, your loves...and don't make mistakes. This is your life, its time to live it. HAPPY GRADUATION!" I finished my speech with tears in my eyes and I threw my cap into the air and everyone followed. I would have to grab it later, but that didn't matter right now...all that matter was the fact that I had to find Mattie...before it was too late.

"MATTIE..." I screamed, running down from the podium as I raced through the crowd. "MATTIE, MATTIE, MATTIE!" I yelled louder and several people stared at me, everyone was looking but I only cared to find Mattie.

Finally his arms wrapped around me and I was lifted into the air. "Oh Blaire..why?" He asked me, pulling me along, lifted three inches from the ground.

"MATTIE" I screehced and he sighed, still tugging until finally he set me down next to Brooke. She was crying, tears spilling down her face...sobs. I tried to hug her but she pushed me away.

"What...what's...wrong?" I asked them both and Mattie refused to look at me. He wouldn't speak. "MATTIE" I pressed and he sighed, looking at me with tears in his eyes.

"Just...SHUT UP!" He told me and I closed my mouth. Mattie never told me to shut up...something must be wrong.

"Blaire...Blaire McKenzie?" I heard a strange voice. I turned and saw a tall man in a black suit standing there with a grim expression. "I'm here to excort you to the Reynolds' private plane." He spoke firmly and I gasped. "Please miss, we are in a hurry." He said and I gasped before he took my hand, pulling me along.

"Wait...what?" I mumbled and Mattie followed me glumly as I called to him.

"He's been waiting here like a little programmed robot mumbling...where's blaire...where's blaire McKenzie? Its terribly annoying." Mattie mumbled in a monotone and I stifled my tears.

"But why is here so early. I wasn't supposed to leave until tomrorow..." I whined and he smiled at me.

"They came early, your stuff is all packed. You have to leave now." He told me and I sobbed suddenly, tears running down.

"I'll miss my graduatuion party, my engagment party...I'll miss you..." I left the last blank and looked to Brooke, still sobbing quietly. Wait...sobbing...why was she...she wasn't even following us,...Brooke...

"She said no Blaire." Mattie growled and I looked to him with wide eyes.

"No she can't say...BROOKE..." I screeched and she didn't look up. She even turned away from me.

"She doesn't want to talk to you Blaire, she's mad you kept your engagment from her..." mattie answered and I ripped my arm from the robot's stern grip.

"Oh Mattie I'm so sorry" I mumbled into his shoulder and he barely hugged me back.

"its ok Blaire" He told me and I sobbed.

"Mrs. Reynolds....Blaire..." Robot mumbled and I turned around.

"I'm not married yet you twit, will you please give us a moment!" I growled and robot smiled, just barely.

"its 8:00 and we have to be in Seattle by at least 9:30...that means we only have 30 minutes of moving time, we have to go now Mrs. Reynolds." He insisted and I sighed.

"Mattie I'll call you as soon as I land ok...." I said and he nodded.

"Bye Blaire."

"Goodbye." Then suddenly I was yanked again and Robot pulled me along. "You idiot, loosen up." I growled again but he didn't listen, he just kept pulling. "Well then, Mr. Robot where is this plane LAX?" I asked and suddenly i fell silent.

"A HELICOPTER?!!" I screamed my ears off and Robot didn't answer. You have to admit I had the right to panic. There was a giant shiny black helicopter parked on my high school football feild here to pick me up and take me to Seattle.

"Wait what about my mom...." I moaned and robot didn't answer except to open the door to the very loud, screeching, running helicopter. I hopped inside without a word and as soon as he shut the door we were rising in the air.

I screamed and Robot rolled his eyes as I watched out the window at the giant crowd of purple clad people. Everyone looked up at us and I felt tears rise. I jsut graduated high school. I just left my best friends. I was getting married. Oh boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally I update on this, I wrote this last year...the first chapter and I just wrote the second today. Isn't that sad? I hope you guys like this story since I've only done two Arranged Stories I thought this was a new view...that the bride actually WANTS the arranged marriage...cool eh? well hope you subscribe. Thanks for reading.