Status: Awe...

Arranged Love

Sweet Conversations

I gasped like a total idiot and I heard my fiance groan. I looked up at him and he smiled at me lightly, tucking me closer into his chest. Then I saw it, her.

There was a woman coming towards us. She was wearing a giant fox coat, her body ruffling with the fur as she stormed through the rainy terminal. I giggled quietly at her overdone outfit and she threw off her hood. "Blake...she was coming TOMOROW...you could not wait until TOMOROW...its only one day!" She growled and I laughed even more at her up and down voice.

"Did you even get the right girl?" She demanded again more shrilly and she tugged me from his grip. I blushed terribly as she held my shoulders, looking me up and down. I couldn't stop laughing...she was just so...funny.

"Yes..." My fiance growled and I just realized I didn't know his name...

"Blake Reynolds" Well there's my answer "you can be such a child!" She burst and I stared at her smiling.

"Can you let go of me now..." I asked her and she looked down at me bewildered. "I don't even know your name..." I said and she smiled, her yellowing teeth cracking open.

"Oh I'm Clairey Reynolds, Blake's Aunt. Which makes me your...Aunt in law?" She questioned and I smiled at her, a little weirded out as she suddenly hugged me, pushing me into her clevage.

"Oh sweet pumpkin pie, your cute!" She exclaimed and I had to laugh at that as she squeazed me harder pulling me away. Suddenly she took off my cap, pulling my hair from my face as she inspected me. "Nice bone structure, pretty eyes...you two will make a perfect couple." She stated and I blushed even more.

"Black hair hmm...I thought you had brown." She noted again and I stared at my feet.

"My father had black hair...my mom was blonde....I was a brunette when I was younger but it got darker." I said and she nodded lightly.

"I'm sorry about his death, it was truely tragic. I was looking forward to meeting him, I heard you were very close." She said and I nodded.

"Yes we were..." I said and suddenly I felt his strong arm around my waist, pulling me from her uncomfortable hold. I gasped out loud, glad to be away from her...touching! I smiled up at him and he smiled back.

"Well I think Blaire would like to get into some dry clothes..." He told her and I smiled listening to his sultry deep voice. He even sounded sexy.

"Blake...where's her mother." Suddenly my attension was drawn to the fat fox lady and I heard...Blake laugh nervously.

"You really forgot my mom..." I stated and I stared at him hard. He blushed. I thought it was cute.

"Oh brother, we'll have her on the next plane over...don't worry sweet heart. Most of us aren't as incompantant as Blake here." She said, clapping me on the shoulder and I blushed harder. I swear I've never blushed so much in my life, not since my mom had that dinner party with a bunch of her friends. I hated strangers...they made me nervous.

"Can...he just take me..." I mumbled quietly, staring at my hands and she laughed.

"Oh you want some alone time?" She asked and my head flew up, my mouth gaping open.

"That's not what I meant...its just he's....well....you scare me...and..." "Its fine, sweetheart. Just make sure your there on time!" She directed to Blake and he nodded smiling.

Finally fox lady waddled away and he leaned down to say something but ended up just laughing in my ear. "I'm....sorry..." He burst and I smiled back at him as he wrapped his coat around my shoulders, pulling me in the oposite direction fat fox lady...Clairey...went.

"She's a bit eccentric." He explained, squeazing my shoulder.

"So you really did take me too early....you jerk." I mumbled and he smiled even wider, his wet hair dripping into his eyes.

"I'm sorry you hate me already love, but it was worth it. Otherwise you would have been on a plane with my parents, my sisters, my aunt, all of our help, and of course a few buisness associates as they sized you up, made you talk and do tricks and rated you on your overall excellencey. I thought it would be much better with just me." He concluded and I gaped.

"Your kidding right...they wouldn't really...your kidding!" I begged him, thinking of his over hyper Aunt Clairey. Maybe they would.

"I was doing you a favor, I swear. And besides...I had nothing else to do, my mom's been working all day, cleaning up the house...getting decorators in, making sure everything is perfect for your arrival tomorow. Our officially engagment party. You know they want me to propose." He went on and I stared at him.

"Propose...oh I'll be so surprised." I mumbled sarcastically and he laughed.

"Well when they set up our...marriage it was kind of an off thing. They knew we would be good together because we were exactly alike, we used to talk on the phone you know...I don't know how or why but my mother said I used to always call you and we would just talk about everything from cookies to crayons...which color was your favorite...is it still purple?" HE asked and i nodded pulling down my robe to expose my purple shirt.

"My favorite..." I mumbled and he smiled back.

"Well after that my mom had an idea, every woman in her family had had an arranged marriage but since my sisters were already too old...and too annoying, she decided she'd have me have an arrange marriage instead. I've always been her favorite...so she asked your mom and they had it all worked out. It was pretty simple actually." He told me and I nodded.

"So why are you ok with this?" I mumbled and he sighed heavily. For a few seconds all I could hear was the cluink of his feet against the ground.

"I wasn't at first, when I was told I was just a little boy...I didn't know any better. But when you sent me that first letter...you won me over. I kept all of them you know, all of the 8 letters...I'll show them to you maybe. I started getting closer to my mom, talking about the wedding and I've learned to accept it. I'm honored to be the 7th Reynold to have an arranged marriage. And I'm honored...to be marrying you." He told me, taking on a little cheese and smiling.

I looked at my feet again, blushing and smiling terribly as I thought about what he said. He wanted to marry me!

"So why are you so calm....except for the Mrs. Reynolds part of course...you didn't like that." He mumbled and I blushed again.

"When I heard that we were going to get married...I was excited. My whole life I've had my future set and I haven't been afraid of anything, knowing I had someone out there who...had to love me. I really want to marry you too...." I finished lamely and he smiled again at me.

"I think we'll be good friends." He added and my face went chalk white. Suddenly a thought entered....was he gay? God if he was gay I was screwed. I looked up at him, at his silky wet hair, his trimmed, angled face, those peircing eyes. The way he walked proud, his footsteps even, his clothes nicely taken care of....uh oh...

"Your not..." I gulped and he looked down at me with a twinkling smile.

"I'm not gay." He read my mind and I gaped at him, feeling even more embarassed as he grimaced slightly, clearing his throat.

"I....didn't want to say something over the top when we've just met like...I think we'll be good lovers or something like my aunt did, that would be...overwhelming now wouldn't it? But I'm most definietly NOT gay." He pressed but he wouldn't look at me.

"Your sure?" I teased and he glared at me.

"I'm one hundred..." He paused and I stopped with him and he played with my fingers in his, gently wrapping his hands around my waist. "Percent." He punctuated coming closer to me. My breathing increased and he smiled teasingly, coming closer and closer. "Positive." He finished with a light kiss on my cheek. Damn tease.

"Ok..." I mumbled out of breath and he gently picked me up, bridal style, carrying me out to the taxi line to wait for our car. "Woah....if...if you drop me...." I contiued and he laughed.

"I won't drop you!" He told me and I moaned.

"But if you do...I'll...'"

"Blaire I won't drop you." He glared at me and I stared back, tightening my arms around his neck.

"Good" I finished angrily and he smiled, half his lip coming up in a teasing smile as he leaned down gently. I watched his lips as he dragged his tongue over them...."Um..." I couldn't think and he moved closer and closer. I leaned up, about to kiss him when I heard a loud blaring honk....HE ALMOST DROPPED ME.

I screamed and clung to his neck, searching around for the culprit. "EH, MR. & MRS. REYNOLDS...WE GOTTA GO!" A man yelled, sticking his head out of a limo. I blushed terribly at my new name. Mrs. Blaire Reynolds. I was no longer a McKenzie.

It was a pretty name.

The honky sounded again and he put me down, his hand on my lower back, pushing me towards the car. I held my hands up to my forehead, blocking out the dripping rain as I pushed myself into the car, getting water all over.

"Ew I'm wet....and its dark..." I mumbled as he shut the door.

"Do you always say what your thinking captain obvious?" Blake said, shutting the door behind him, making it completely dark. I blushed terribly as I felt nothing...I was just sitting there and I didn't know where he was.

"No, not all the time..." I mumbled and suddenly I felt his hand...on mine. I breathed out heavily and he scooted closer to me, his leg brushing mine.

"Are you alright?" He asked and I nodded, then repeated yes aloud.

"Why is it dark?" I whined and he laughed.

"He turned off the lights." Blake explained and I nodded.

"Well can you tell him to turn them on?" I pressed and I heard him laugh, sending warm breath on my neck.

"No...I like it dark. I always have the lights off..." He said and I stared at him.

"That's stupid."

"Don't call me stupid."

"I didn't call you stupid, I called your theory...fetish...hobby whatever stupid."

"Fetish?"

"Well its a bit odd that you LIKE having the lights off in a car and having it completely black what do you do back here that it needs to be dark." I asked him and suddenly I heard a little click and a light appeared.

I glared at him through the candle night and I noticed something...the light...was coming through a candle...carved with beautiful designs, mountains, little birds...all showing through the light.

"Wow...that's..."

"Beautiful...yea well it can only be done in the dark." He said and I stared at him.

"In the back of a limo?" I questioned and he sighed, lighting another one.

"Mom hates me doing it, she says carving wax is just about as useless as dragging colorful liquid across paper..." He groaned and I stared at him, water in my eyes.

"Painting..." I finished and he nodded.

I laughed quietly. "I love to paint...will I not be allowed..."

"Oh no, she'll let you do anything you want. Your the wife, you don't have to provide for the family. You can paint, carve candles, play the yukilele, she doesn't care." He spit bitterly and I scooted forward to him, watching his face outlined in shadows.

"They really are beautiful." I told him, picking one up...it had a little owl on it. "I could paint them in almost, they are only yellow candles. If I painted it it would make it looked much better..." I told him and he smiled.

"I'd like that..." Those three words warmed up my entire insides and I scooted closer to him.

"If I can do anything I want...what if I told her...I made these...then you could keep making them...." I told him and he smiled.

"Maybe..." He said and I grabbed his hand, playing with it absentmindedly.

"We're getting married soon..." I told him, kissing his fingers. He didn't say anything so I scooted closer to him and he grabbed my shoulder gently, turning me so my back was to him. I scooted closer and I laid on his chest. He wrapped his hands cautiously around my waist, pulling me into a more comfortable position.

"Its going to take a while to get there..." He warned me and I hummed.

"Ok..."

"If you get uncomfortable just tell me." He said and I nodded more, pressing my face into his shirt.

"Mmhmm..."

"Are you...

"Shhh..." I told him and I pressed my mouth to his without another thought, kissing him gently. He stared me down, eyes open and I smiled at him, closing my eyes before pulling off him and snuggling up to his chest.

Then in only a few moments I fell asleep and I didn't care if it took us three hours to get there, I hope it did...because I could lay in those arms forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww I thought that was sweet. I kept trying to push off the kiss but it seemed right to have her kiss him while she was tired, sleepy. I also liked the little bantering I had in there...I thought it was cute. Hope you keep reading...yaya...comments.