Status: Mild Hiatus Until I'm Done Being Grounded... My Dad Is Just A Jerk... I Promise That I will try to write some more chapters at school and post them when i can come back here... stay loyal fair readers i won't be gone for long!

What's So Special About the Cullens? Why Do They Get Her?

“Alright no more Japanese anime for you."

Lorraine’s P.O.V

The elevator door opened and we both walked out, catching sight of the rest of the pack at the entrance.

“Hey guys… you boys going to check in early?” I asked.

“No, Carlisle wanted us to find you, he was going to see what hotel we all wanted to stay at.” Embry said.

“Oh, well…I was going to ask all of you if you wouldn’t mind staying at the Volturi castle during our stay here.” I meekly said.

“I don’t care where we sleep, as long as we get to sleep. Let’s go find Carlisle.” Quil said.

“Wait! You guys don’t need to go looking for him. If I call him he’ll find us.” I said.

They gave me strange looks. “If you call him? I thought you didn’t have a phone.” Embry asked.

“No, not yet…but I turned Carlisle so I can call him and he’ll hear me in his head and know where to find me. Watch this.” I said, closing my eyes.

I focused on Carlisle’s mind, giving him a short message.

‘Carlisle, bring the family back to Volturi’s castle; we’re going to be staying here.’ I thought. I heard his reply.

‘I’m on my way…just find the pack and tell them.’

‘No need, they’re already here.’ I said.

‘Oh, alright, we’re here.’ He thought, breaking our thoughts and tapping me on my back.

“So we’re going to stay here? Is everyone alright with that?” he asked everyone, they all nodded.

“What did Aro say about this?” he asked me.

“Well Aro wants us all to stay here. Since we are like family; he doesn’t want us using our money on a hotel.” I explained.

“Okay, well everyone; grab your bags and we’ll bring them all up the elevator.” He ordered, sending everyone out to the cars.

I followed the small crowd and I grabbed my stuff. I took my bags to the elevator and I pushed the button since I was the first person there.

The doors opened, and I saw Jane.

“Aro said he had a feeling you would accept his offer. Get the rest of them in here and follow me to all of your rooms.” She said.

We waited for the rest of the people. They came shortly after, carrying their bags.

“Okay guys, we all have to follow Jane, she’ll show us to our rooms.” I informed them, walking into the elevator behind Jane and holding the door open so everyone could get in.

It was really cramped in there with everyone holding their bags. I felt really claustrophobic in there.

The doors opened and I rushed out behind Jane, following her down the maze of hallways, with everyone in tow behind me.

Jane pointed to the doors; they all had each of our names on them.

“Just find the door with your name on it and that will be your room. Embry, Paul, Seth and Jacob when you’re done being settled, Aro, Marcus and Caius would like to have a few words with you four alone.” She said before leaving us to find our designated rooms.

I found me and Paul’s room; the third from the last door, which I remembered to be the room I slept in last time I was here, before I met the Cullens.

“Wow, I can’t believe they remembered that.” I stated out loud while dropping my bag next to the door.

“Remembered what?” Paul questioned, dropping his bag on the floor next to mine.

“This was the room I chose to sleep in before I met the Cullens, I just loved this room for some reason, but they put us in this room.” I said, walking around and really studying the room.

“Well if you’ve already been in this room then why are you studying it like you’ve never seen it before?” Paul asked.

“Because last time I was in this room I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow; I never really got any time to actually appreciate the room.” I said.

“Oh…okay, well I’m going to go down and talk to Aro, Marcus and Caius. They requested to see me and a couple of the guys. I’ll be back as soon as I can.” He said, coming up behind me and kissing my neck.

“That is Volturi code for ‘I’ll be away for a couple of hours.’” I stated.

“Why do you say that?” he asked.

I turned around, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“Because when you are requested by the Volturi, that means they are going to thoroughly inspect you. Maybe to see if they trust you to be in their home or something like that.” I said.

“Should I be worried?”

“Maybe…but since I don’t know why they’re calling you I can’t say. So go before they dock you brownie points for being late; and bring the iPod. If they ask why you have it, told them I’m making you study.” I said, pushing the iPod in his hands and pushing him out of the door.

I could hear a slight whine from behind the door. It almost sounded like a puppy begging.

“And you wonder why I make so many dog jokes?” I yelled, making the whines stop automatically. I heard his retreating footsteps down the hall.

I turned back to the room and I opened up my bag, grabbing an outfit to sleep in.

I changed and I walked over to the small bookcase that I saw next to the window. I saw that they mostly had manga; all about vampires. I kind of figured that they would only have vampire books. I looked through the many different titles; Hellsing, Trinity Blood, Vampire Knight, Nightwalker, Chibi Vampire. But there was one that caught my eye; they had Inuyasha on the shelf at the very end of the books. I noticed there were so many books so I grabbed the first Inuyasha book, immediately getting hooked onto one of the characters; Sesshoumaru.

Paul would be so jealous…

Paul’s P.O.V

I found the door to where the Volturi stayed. I opened it, already seeing that everyone else was there.

“Sorry about being late, Lorraine was telling me some stuff.” I said.

Aro nodded. “It’s alright. Now why don’t you have a seat in front of us. There’s something we need to talk to all of you about.” He said.

Embry was very fidgety; usually he only did that if he wanted to say something.

He kept fidgeting, causing Aro to stop talking and stare at him.

Embry raised his hand as if he was in school.

Aro raised his eyebrows at this childish gesture.

“Do you have to go to the bathroom or something?” he asked Embry.

“No, I just want to ask you something.” He said.

“Okay…go ahead.” Aro said, leaning back.

“Why are only Paul, Seth, Jacob and I here? Why not the rest of the pack as well?” he asked.

“Because we don’t need to talk to them. Only you four. There are some things we’d all like to speak to you all about.” He trailed off.

“Yes?” I asked, urging him to go on.

Aro cleared his throat.

“Well I noticed that you four shifters are in relations with our four vampire girls, Maegan, Alexis, Daphnee, and my maker Lorraine.” He started.

I still didn’t really understand what this was about. Call me stupid but I was still clueless.

Aro continued.

“Now as only a few of you may know, those girls are practically family to the Volturi. We try to look out for their well-being as much as possible with our distances between us.” he continued.

“Now I would just like to address you all individually, as well as a whole. I’ll start with you Jacob. You seem to have extreme feelings for Alexis don’t you?” he asked.

“Yes, I imprinted on her sir.” Jacob answered respectfully.

“What is this imprinting that you speak of?” Caius asked, joining the conversation.

Jacob took a deep breath, feeling a little intimidated by the vampire clan before him.

“Imprinting is a special ability that shifters like us have. When we look into the eyes of the person we are meant to be with forever, we get stuck in a trance, if you will. That’s how we can tell we imprint.” He explained.

Marcus joined into the conversation at this time.

“And what exactly does this imprinting do?” he asked.

“It makes us very protective and caring for our imprint. We would stop at nothing to make sure our imprint is safe, and our love increases the longer we are together. It’s the same with every wolf pack.” Jacob finished.

“So you all have imprinted on the girls?” Aro asked.

“Yes, Paul was the first to imprint, since Lorraine was the first to show up. Paul and Lorraine have pretty much been inseparable since. They are always in the same building as each other.” He said, looking back towards me.

“What would happen if one of you were to get hurt? Either you or one of the girls?” Caius asked.

“Well, for instance if Lexi was hurt, I would instantly feel her pain and I would run off to her, but if by some slim chance that she dies, I would go insane and die from insanity and pain of losing my imprint.” He explained.

“Would I be able to try that sometime? Safely of course?” Marcus asked.

“What do you mean?” I asked, finally speaking up.

“Well one of us could pretend to attack you, like after we’re all done speaking to you…could we see what happens?” he asked.

“Um, I’m not sure if the girls would like that very much but I guess it’s alright with me if it’s only for experimenting purposes.” Embry said.

“Alright, we’ll try that later. Now Jacob, can I see your hand?” Aro asked.

I remember Lorraine telling me that Aro could read every thought you’ve ever had just by touching you.

Aro seemed satisfied with what he saw so he let go of Jacobs hand and turned to Embry.

“Alright, now we’re done with you now Jacob. Do you love Maegan, Embry?” Caius asked.

And that went on for about an hour, until the three vampires got to me.

“What are your intentions with our maker Lorraine, Paul?” Marcus asked.

“I’m in love with Lorraine, and I plan to marry her and start a family as soon as we both see fit.” I answered.

Aro, Marcus and Caius ran up to me with their vampire speed and got about 2 inches from my face. I was a little shocked because they hadn’t done this with any of the other pack members. I kept my facial expression honest though.

They all looked deep in my eye.

“If anything happens to my mother on your watch, believe me Paul. I will have your head on a platter as my centerpiece. Are we clear?” Caius said threateningly.

“If anything happens to her, you won’t have the chance to kill me.” I said bravely.

“And why do you think that?” Marcus asked, a little put off by my answer.

“Because if anything we’re to happen to her, you’ll be sure to find me in a grave before you have the chance to get to me, because if anything happens to Lorraine I will kill myself.” I said instantly, looking in all of their eyes as I said this.

“You really are in love with our mother aren’t you?” Aro whispered.

“Yes I really am. You honestly have no idea. Even if you hear and see all my thoughts, you will still never even begin to understand how much I love her. You have no idea.” I said.

They all had shocked faces and leaned away from me, still standing in front of me.

Aro kneeled down. “Can I please see your hand?” he asked.

I nodded, giving him my hand, and he lightly took it in his own. His eyes widened at everything he was seeing. My whole life was flashing before his eyes. He got to my thoughts of me and Lorraine together; and everything I had planned for us. His facial expression got to a sad one. I was a little worried. He pulled me up quickly and let go of my hand. Pulling me into a ‘man-hug’.

“I will gladly look to you as my father. I never thought I’d say that in my life, but after seeing what you have in store for Lorraine, I give you my best wishes and I hope you two come visit us a lot. I’m sure if I could cry now I would be.” He said, letting go of me and walking back to the chair, and sitting down.

Caius and Marcus gave me shocked looks, and then they looked back to Aro. They looked back to me, smiled and nodded at me before sitting back in their chairs next to Aro.

“That goes for all of you. Keep those girls safe. Maegan, Daphnee and Alexis are like our aunts and Lorraine is like our mother. Keep them out of as much trouble as you can. It may be difficult since they are so free spirited but go live your lives with them.” Aro said slightly bowing his head to us.

“Thank you.” Embry, Jacob, Seth and I all said simultaneously.

“Now can we do our little test?” Caius asked.

Aro looked to me and I nodded.

Caius went for Seth, Marcus went for Jacob, Demitri went for Embry on Aro’s orders.

Aro then pounced towards me, fangs bared. But before he got to land on me, Lorraine had him held up by his throat.

I looked around and the same thing was happening with the rest of the Volturi members, they were all being held up by their throats.

“What the hell are you doing Aro? First you give me and Paul your blessing and then you attack him? Haven’t I taught you better than this?” Lorraine seethed, obviously angry, but I looked at her other hand, seeing a yellowish book in her left hand. She must have been in the middle of reading that when Aro ‘attacked’ me.

“You can put me down Lorraine, it was just to test the power of the imprinting. No need to worry.” He said.

Lorraine looked down to me. I nodded, getting up and holding her in my arms.

“You can put him down, trust me Lorraine, don’t you think that we would all be phased by now if we were in danger?” I asked, making a point.

She gave me a look of disbelief before setting down Aro.

“Guys, let them go. It was just a test to see what the imprinting would make us do if we sensed them in danger.” She said.

All the girls dropped the Volturi members.

“So that was just some stupid test? How could you put our boyfriends in danger like that? You know how freaked out we all were?” Maegan yelled at Marcus and the others.

“And you!” Lorraine continued, pointing an accusing finger at me. “You let them scare the shit out of us willingly?” she said, getting closer.

I nodded slowly.

She let her hand fall to her side. “Sometimes I wonder why I bother with you.” She said.

My facial expression dropped.

“But then I remember I would die without you and then everything is alright again.” She finished, coming up to me and planting a tender kiss to my lips.

Everyone except the Volturi groaned and said, “Get a room!”

Lorraine broke the kiss and smartly replied, “Well this is a room and we’re in it, so we technically already got a room.” She said.

“Well find another room… we need to freaking sleep anyway. We have a fun day ahead of us.” Daphnee said.

They all turned and left, well, everyone except Lorraine and I.

“What did they talk to you about?” she asked.

“Just them giving us the ‘You hurt them, we kill you.’ Talk. Nothing out of the usual.” I said, giving her a smile.

She turned to Aro, Marcus, and Caius. “Your really gave them the family threats?” she asked.

They nodded.

She turned to me and walked to the door.

Before closing the door, she said, “I love my family.”

We walked back to our room and I saw that she still held the book in her hands.

“What are you reading?” I asked.

“Inuyasha, it’s about a group of very different people fighting together to conquer this powerful demon.” She said shrugging it off.

“Well what are their names?” I asked, curious to hear what she was reading.

“Well there’s a half-dog demon Inuyasha and a human Kagome, then there’s a demon slayer named Sango and a monk named Miroku, and then there are these two cute little demons Kilala, who is Sango’s pet cat with two tails that transforms into this huge cat thing, and this fox-demon named Shippo. They’re all out hunting this powerful demon named Naraku who apparently tricked Inuyasha’s previous lover, Kikyo into sealing him to a magical tree for 50 years, until Kagome found him and unsealed him. Kikyo was a priestess and she was the protector of a sacred jewel which was shattered into hundreds of pieces when she was killed by Naraku.” She explained.

“So they’re all after this Naraku guy? What do they all have against him?” I asked.

“Well you already know Inuyasha's reason, but Kagome just wants to help Inuyasha. Sango’s family was killed by Naraku’s demons and he took her brother, so she’s out to save him. Miroku had this huge hole in his hand that’s a vortex, every time he uses it is seems to get bigger, so he has to find Naraku and kill him in hopes of it getting closed; in fact he’s a total pervert in this book, he asks every woman he comes in contact with to bear his child. It’s kind of funny. Shippo’s dad was killed by some demon thugs and he just stuck around with the group. But there is some romance in here too.” She said.

“Really? With who?” I said, actually getting interested in this book the more she spoke of it.

“Well, Inuyasha likes Kagome, but still has love for Kikyo, she gets brought back (sort of). Sango loves Miroku and I think it goes vise versa for all of them. And there’s this little human girl named Rin who I think loves this Taiyoukai named Sesshoumaru.”

“Wait, the Tai-what?” I asked.

“Taiyoukai, Sesshoumaru is Inuyasha’s half brother and he is a full dog-demon. He’s so hot.” She trailed off.

“Is he hotter than me?” I asked, joking.

“I don’t know, why don’t you just tell me?” she asked, flipping to a page, showing a really tall guy with this fuzzy thing on his shoulder.

“Wow, if he was real I would leave you.” I said, joking.

She ripped the book out of my hand and putting it back on the shelf.

“Alright no more Japanese anime for you. Sesshy is mine!” she said.

“Oh so I have more competition?” I asked, laughing.

“If he was real then yes. He turns into a dog too, so you two are very similar, only he’s much bigger.” She said.

“How big?” I asked, getting curious again.

She grabbed one of the books and flipped thorough the pages, stopping at one page and showing me.

“Dang!!! He’s huge!” I yelped.

“Yes he is, now go change puppy, its snooze time.” She said, setting the book back in its place and getting under the covers.

I walked to my suitcase and grabbed some shorts, deciding I was going to sleep shirtless tonight.

I changed and I walked to the bed, getting under the covers and grabbing a hold of Lorraine’s body and pulling her closer to me. She nuzzled her head into my neck and whispered, “I love you Paul.”

I looked down and kissed her forehead. “I love you too Lorraine, more than you know.”

Closing my eyes and remembering what Aro said to me earlier. That’s all I heard in my dreams:
“I will gladly look to you as my father…I’m sure if I could cry now I would be.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy my faithful readers...can i please get some opinions?? preferably in the form of a comment

The links for the outfits and the Inuyasha characters picture so you can see what Paul saw:

http://www.cosplayful.com/media/catalog/category/inuyasha.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/sesshoumaru00/Sesshoumaru-tachi.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/inuyoukai-sama/photos/Sesshomaru%20Obcession/2738794683_a06e1368b7.jpg

http://a.imageshack.us/img135/793/naraku.jpg

http://media.animegalleries.net/albums/userpics/30601/kikyo.jpg?=123

http://www.polyvore.com/paul_lorraine_pjs/set?id=22262572

Much Love and Family Threats From The Heart that Doesn't Beat,
Starla