Status: New and probably slow

Dear David Schmitt, You're Just a Letdown

Careful

September 7, 2003

Dear Diary,

Today went... well despite my better judgement. I guess it would be considered a pretty average day if you're not considering the fact that it was the very first day of high school for me. Yup, that's right I have officially survived my first day as a freshman, a minor niner. But of course it being my first day and me being a mere freshman, let's just say my peers were a little less welcoming than I had hoped. But I think I've met quite a few interesting people and I'm not sure whether or not it's a good thing just yet...


"Ugh there you are, do you know how long I've been waiting here?"

"I'm sorry I was-"

"30 minutes! I've been standing here for 30 minutes looking like a loser waiting for you!" The sandy hair copper eyed girl shrieked. She was always so over dramatic but I got used to it, just like she had gotten use to me consistently being late and she quickly forgave me by changing the subject to such of more importance. Like the fact that we were seconds away from walking into Denver High together, arms linked and ready for what high school would throw at us.

"Are you ready?" She said breathlessly and gave me quick glance.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I replied giving her a soft smile. She looked nervous but no one would ever be able to tell. She hid it well but she was my best friend. I could see through any act she pulled.

We walked up the set of stairs leading towards the front entrance to the school. Kids were already starting to arrive and small groups formed outside the school. Kids reuniting with their old friends about how their summer vacations went, who was at which party, who got knocked up, who was arrested, and such. You know, regular teenage stuff...I guess.

Inside wasn't much better. There was a fair amount of people getting their schedules, finding their lockers, talking with friends. One particular group intrigued me quite a bit. It wasn't a big group, four people at most were around a locker. There was a blonde haired boy with his arm casually slung over a girl with auburn red hair and two boys both with dark hair. I can't describe them any better than I just did because I was being dragged to the guidance office by Selena, our arms still linked. And I can't say why that particular group intrigued me. Maybe it was all the looks passer by's were giving. Some would say 'hi' or give a small wave. Others who knew them more would actually go up to them and start small conversations. But the rest of the unfortunate ones who didn't know them, including me, just gave them a quick glimpse. But that glimpse held so much. A look of adoration and want. Want? To be noticed? Who were they to this school?

"Come on Anna, walk faster! I wanna know if we have anything together but at the past you're going we'll never get there in time!" Selena nagged.

I dragged my eyes away from the group and to her. Slight anger flickered through her eyes and I quickened my pace before I could upset her more. But not before sneaking a quick glance back at the group catching the eye of one of the dark haired boys.

I think I understand why everyone keeps staring. He's most defiantly on the attractive side.

--

"What d'you have what d'you have!"

"Uh English, geography, math, lunch, science, music, history and gym." I stated

"Oh poop, we only have math, history, and lunch together." Selena sighed sadly but in a matter of seconds, her usual happy self came back in a flash.

"I'm going to go check out my locker kay?" I didn't even get a chance to answer back because she was already walking away. The halls were starting to become crowded with teenagers and decided to find my locker too. Might as well right? I have nothing else to do.

"1267, 1267, 1267" I mumbled quietly to myself, walking past countless lockers. When I finally found 1267 I breathed a sigh of relief. I couldn't take the overcrowded halls, I could barely walk without getting bumped into!

"13 58 15" I said to myself while turning my lock in the right directions to unlock it. I pulled the locker door open, a little do rough I'm guessing, because there was a loud bang and a second later someone groaning in pain.

"Oh my god!" I gasped and closed the locker door to unblock what or who I had hit. And no doubt about it, there was a girl on her back lying on the cold tiled floor holding onto her forehead. I crouched down on the floor joining her.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry! I didn't mean to! Are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital? I'll go get you some ice. Oh my god, do you think you have a concussion?" Instead of the yelling and scolding I was so ready for, she started to laugh.

"Hey, hey! Calm down I'm fine." She smiled at me to show me she was okay. Now that I was pulled out of my hysteria, I could hear some people laughing and giggling. I turned my head to look behind me where I heard most of it coming from and saw the same group I have been analyzing earlier. I quickly whipped my head back around and looked back at the girl finally taking in who she was.

It was that red head with the blonde. Oh God. Great first impression.

"I am so sorry." I said in desperation while helping her off of the dirty ground. Passer by's most defiantly stared but none stuck around long enough. These halls were swarming with people everywhere and it being the first day of school didn't help the mass amounts.

"Freshman I'm guessing." She stated playfully while wiping off the dirty from her skirt. Her forehead where I'm assuming the locker hit was all red.

"Yeah how'd you know? And are you alright? Your forehead is all red." I stated.

"Yeah just a little bump is all," she replied back coolly. In the background I was still hearing laughter from her little group, which wasn't so 'little' anymore seeing as more people has joined. " And you're just screaming it. You seem too... proper and innocent. Oh and nice. I'd be careful if I were you."

"What?"

"It's the innocent ones that always find trouble." She replied back and started walking back to her little posy leaving me there way beyond confused. I watched her walk back to her group and the blonde one put his arm back around her. A chorus of 'are you okay' and 'that was hilarious' were said about the group and for the second time today I caught the dark haired cutie looking my way. A small smirk formed on his lips, one of amusement and mischief and there was a certain glint to his eye. One that I couldn't figure out and the fact that the bell had just rung didn't help.

Great start to the day, almost gave someone a concussion and I'm going to be late for class.

--

I was walking towards my last period class which was thankfully gym. I was changed and ready to go in the school gym uniform consisting of shorts and a tank top with the school logo. And as always I was the last one out of the change room. As I was walking out I came crashing into something. Seems like me and the floor have been making good friends today.

"Ouch." A small whimper came out of my mouth. What? I hit the ground hard. It was like a freaking truck ran me over.

"Oh,sorry. I didn't see you there." A hand was offered down to me and I gladly accepted it.
"Are you alright?" I looked up and saw......

Blondie. Did you think I was going to say the dark haired one?

"Hey, you're the girl that smacked Mads right in the face! Touche my friend, well done." He gave me a bright smile and clasped me on the back gently.

"Uhm, thanks but it wasn't intentional." I stated timidly.

"I know but it was gold. What class are you in now?"

I pointed at my clothing and smiled, "gym."

"Ah I see. Well I'll let you get back to that. I'm Kyle by the way."

"Savannah."

He nodded his head in recognition, "well I'll see you around Savannah." And with one final smile he walked away, his hands in his pockets and straight towards a group of guys at the end of the hall.

"Thanks for pushing me jackass." I heard say in the distance to none other than the dark hair cutie. I should really find out who he is. It'd be a hell of a lot easier than call him dark haired cutie. He smiled mischievously and sent a smirk down my way. I realized that I had been watching them the whole time this happened and continued watching until they left the school building from the side doors.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are cool too..