Status: Let's see where this one goes :)

Vivid Reflections

Memories of a Nightmare

My skirts rustled as I turned around. The sky was dark and moonless; the stars seemed farther away by the moment. The lanterns that lit the path had slowly disappeared as I walked, making my ability to see disappear with them.

‘Snap’ I whipped my head in the direction of the noise. I took three steps forwards and then two more backwards. As I turned to run I saw something in the distance move. I stopped, reversed my movements and began to run in the other direction. This time I saw a face glowing white in the darkness. I stopped completely unsure of which way was safe and clear of mysterious beings.

I closed my eyes, telling myself to be calm. A gloved hand grasped itself around my mouth and I snapped my eyes wide.


I jolt awake, gasping for air, laying in a cold sweat. “It was just a dream” I tell myself. I sit up and pull myself from the blankets. I lick my lips and close my eyes, claiming control of my mind and body again.

“This is why I don’t go to sleep” I mumble to myself again. I stand up and make my way across the large bedroom to the almost as large bathroom. I turn on the facet letting the water run till it’s steaming hot. I fill my glass and take a long drink. The warm sensation that follows, that spreads across my chest; that heats me from the inside out, calms me even more.

I know, who would want to drink hot water? But I can’t drink cold things, they taste disgusting to me and I just can’t swallow them. My friends think it’s my one weird fault, but they have no idea.

I take one final sip and a glance at myself in the mirror. I stare into my violet eyes one more second and then I turn and retreat back to my bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short but it's just the intro so tell me what you think about it :P