The Reason to Stay

Forever and For Always

Okay, perhaps going clubbing with Isabel wasn’t such a great idea after all.

“Well, this chick has to go,” Xion said.

“No, please stay! I don’t know where Isabel is,” I whined.

“Oh Mikayla, she’s probably…grinding some random drunk guy!”

I pouted like a 5-year-old would. Xion blinked a couple of times before looking at me with a serious face. I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Don’t look now but here comes your ex-boyfriend,” Xion said as she pointed behind me.

“Ha-ha! Very funny! But I am not falling for that again, Xion.”

“I am serious but if you don’t want to believe me, that’s your problem not mine!”

I glared at her.

“Hey!” I heard a guy’s voice behind me. I turned around, still sitting on the stool.

“…Hey…Yu…” I waved my hand slowly. Out of all the times, why did Xion have to be right
now!

“Well, this is awkward! Anyway, as I was saying, I have to go! Bye Mikayla, Yu.” Xion waved, smiled, and happily went off.

“I think I should go also…” Yu grabbed my wrist.

“Mikayla…,” I looked up at his eyes.

“What do you want,” I asked a bit angrily.

“Come on, you can’t stay mad at me forever!”

“Not for forever, just until you’re out of my heart,” I mumbled.

“What?”

“Nothing, just leave me alone and give me some time.”

“Mikayla, it’s been two weeks. What more time do you need?” I shrugged and bit my bottom lip, remembering the bad events.

*Flashback*

God, Yu is seriously became forgetful. This is the 3d time he forgot his jacket in my suite (as in hotel suite). I walked up to his room and was about to knock. However, I found that his door was ajar. I heard two voices: one belonged to Yu and the other belonged to this guy I didn’t know.

“No, and that’s my final answer,” Yu said. Curiosity can really kill you so I decided to listen in.

“You can’t drop out of the bet until the week is over,” the other guy replied. Bet? What bet? “Or if you sleep with Mikayla.” I gasped as I dropped the jacket to the floor. I heard footsteps and the door opened. I saw Yu’s eyes widened.

“Mikayla…I…”

“A bet? Was I your toy?!” My yelling caught the attention from the people around us.

“No, Mikayla, please…”

I felt a warm tear run down my cheek, “I hate you!” I stormed out, pushing people away from me.

*End of Flashback*

My eyes got watery. I looked at the floor. I didn’t want him to see me cry…at least, not now. Yu pulled me into a hug.

“Just sleep and forget…,” Yu whispered in my ear. My eyes felt heavy so they slowly closed shut…

*Later*

I woke up but still had the urge to keep on sleeping. I opened my eyes a bit. My vision was blurry. Why wasn’t my body moving? My eyes roamed around. We were in Yu’s room. I managed to recognize Yu’s silhouette. His cold hand moved away strands of my hair away from neck. Shivers went through out my whole body. Then, I felt his warm breath on the right side of my neck. My heart began to beat faster and louder, or so I thought. He kissed my neck and then I felt something sharp.

“Yu please get off of me…,” I said as my hands tried to push him off. I guess I startled him since he quickly got up.

“Mikayla, you’re supposed to be sleeping.” I sat up.

My body finally decided to work with me. My hand went to my neck, “What I want to know is how you were able to make me sleep without drugging me and how you move so fast?”

“Mikayla, there are some things in life that are better left unsaid.”

“Like the fact how I was a bet? You used me!”

“I will admit that I did…in the beginning. But then, I fell for you.”

“Please, how many times have you used that before?”

“Once…Mikayla, I’m sorry. Did you even listen from the beginning of the conversation or did you just come by, got curious, and listened in half way,” Yu asked. He knows me so well.

I looked at floor, “I…I still hate you! And if you don’t let me go, I will jump out the window.” Yu looked at me with disbelief in his eyes. I sighed and walked towards the window. I slowly opened it and stuck my head outside. It wasn’t that high so if I fall…. I glanced over at Yu one more time before finally getting out, standing on the edge of the window. I looked straight, took a deep breath in and out, and looked down. “How did you…?”

“Come on, Mikayla. Jump,” Yu said. He was…standing outside?

“The only reason I was going to jump was to get away from YOU! But since you’re down there,” I replied and got back in the room. I turned around and bumped into Yu. “You’re…not human.” His hands went to each side of my cheek.

“I love you,” Yu whispered before he placed his lips against mine. Rough yet passionate. His cold lip ring sends shivers down my spine. My heart beats faster. I missed him…I really do love him. “Guess you don’t hate me anymore, huh,” Yu smirked and I blushed a bit.

“What I still want to know is how you moved so fast?”

“First, do you love me?”

I nodded, “I will always love you.”

“Then believe it or not, the reason why I move so fast and how I hypnotized you was
because I’m a…vampire.” I looked at him in the eyes. Somehow, I knew that he was telling
the truth.

“I believe you.”

Yu smiled, “Be mine?”

“Forever and for always,” I replied.

Yu walked towards me as I tilted my head to the left knowing what he wanted. I gasped a bit at the pain. Then, his lips found its way to mine…
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, by the way, this story was inspired by the songs “Stay” by Safety Suit and “The Reason” by Hoobastank. Also, there is a song called “Forever and For Always” by Shania Twain. The video is very cute!