‹ Prequel: Lore of Anteria

Pawn of the Gods: Treasure of Gael

Chapter Eleven

Adara stormed into the bunk-room, throwing Viper Sting at Uri.

"Up and outside. We spar again," Uri looked up, puzzlement on his face. "Get off your rear and go outside," she snapped, gesturing with Snow Lily. His muscles rippled as he stood, braid loose and tunic open. He picked Viper Sting up, following her commands.

No sooner then he had stepped out of the room and she was upon him. Adara's eyes narrowed as he stumbled. Okay, so it's just the sword, she thought.

*****
Swing! Block! What are you?! Human?! Block! Adarian screamed at him.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD! Uri yelled. He wondered vaguely if anyone else heard these voices of ancient Kings, long dead, in their head.

Your father wasn't this difficult! He was akin to my skill and a natural. Why did he have that fool of a grandson teach you to read?! That's what servants are for!

Uri attacked, Viper Sting sinking into Adara's shoulder. Shocked murmurs echoed between the bunk-houses. Adara, herself, snarled, Snow Lily coming up and biting into his jaw.

*****
No... no one has ever drawn my blood before. I am Kasimir's Daughter. Father! she cried out, her hand cupping her wound. "Father, where are you?" she asked, closing her eyes. A pale red hand cupped her chin.

"Who has hurt you, my sweet?" he asked, light pink eyes smiling at her. His great red wings shimmered slightly, tattered and broken. The same red hair hung around his face, lips soft and inviting.

"Uri Dawn," she whispered, pointing at Uri.

*****
Kasimir's eyes widened when he saw the Light Elf, his surname was even more shocking. He was tall, with deep blue eyes and coal black hair. He regarded the God of War warily, blood dripping from a gash in his face.

"Dawn? A direct decendant of King Zerimon?" Kasimir said, his eyesbrows raising in amusement. "What is your proof, Daughter?" Kasimir ran his hand over her wound, healing it and pulling her up to stand beside him.

"I am, Kasimir," Gael snapped, stalking into the fight. Her golden hair wrapped sweetly around her face, beauty undeniable. Kasimir thought his eyes might pop out of his head. What was she doing here?

"Gael, my love?" Kasimir said, uncertaintly. She turned up her nose, a sneer on her lips. Adara pulled on her fathers sleeve. He looked down at her. "Yes, darling?"

"Shadow Slayer," she said, pointing at Uri.

*****
Uri Dawn? Was that his name? He pondered this for a while, he had even missed the part where Gael has been revealed, so lost was he in his thoughts. Adara pointing at him and announcing he had Shadow Slayer, though, snapped him out of his thoughts.

"You have wounded my Daughter, princeling. Get your sword, Shadow Slayer, let us see if Balazar remembers meeting me in combat," Before Kasimir had finished talking, Shadow Slayer was laid into his palm. "If you can cut me, I will spare your life,"

Uri saw no way he could win. He drew his blade, hoping Balazar would be there to help this time.