‹ Prequel: Lore of Anteria

Pawn of the Gods: Treasure of Gael

Chapter Fourteen

Adara stared blankly at Uri. The man had gone from Scholar to King in a few days. It was in the power of the Gods though, to give thrones away and the Castle of Light had gone without an heir for seven thousand years. Since the fall of Zerimon.

"Laila has never had a Champion," she murmured. She looked at Vanity glittering in Uri's hand. A luminous silver light shimmered around the blade. Uri swung it around, the sun light glittering against it and sending silver fire dancing along its edge. Laila smiled softly.

"Go forth, my champion, and bring peace to what you can," she spoke softly. Uri looked up at her, bowing at the waist. He took her hand in his and pressed it to his forehead.

"I swear to Radek, that in his Daughter's name, Laila, I will bring peace to Anteria," Laila twirled from him, hiding her tears. She had sentenced this worthy hero to death. Only a Champion of Gael could bring peace to Anteria, it was already stated in the prophecy. Prophecy had never been changed, but how Laila wish she could rewrite it.

"Go to the Grandier Forest, seek out Alwinera. She takes many forms, but she will aid you in your mission. She has helped many heros before you," Laila turned toward him, her breath catching in her throat, as a gold light shimmered around him. She smiled, kissed her finger tips and blew the kiss toward the heavens. Thank you, Father, He would not die violently. Radek would see to that. She stepped forward, kissing Uri's brow again. "Hyre and Lyre!"

Two Wyre's flew down, one silver and the other red. Wyre's were a cross between horses and dragons. The body was armored and hard. Wings were tucked under their front limbs and the tail was thin and whip like. Hooves and a thick mane of hair graced some but the head was always horse-like. Wyre's were telepathic, they spoke through the mind.They were the fastest and most agile creatures alive. They'd be in the Grandier Forest in a week.

"Thank you, Laila," Uri said, tucking Vanity into his belt. He bowed to Lyre, the silver one. Lyre blinked and kneeled to him.

Your debts will be paid with you, do not hestitate to climb on, Dawn of Anteria, Lyre said. Adara looked at Hyre, who snorted flames at her. She ran and grabbed his neck, swinging up on his back. Uri swung a leg up and pulled himself onto Lyre's back. Hyre and Lyre unfurled their wings, running and taking off.

Radek watched them go, standing by Laila's side. "Daughter, there's a chance he could be the hero of Anteria, who ends the God Wars, after all, the prophecy says that 'The Champion of a Goddess will save Anteria', not that the Champion of Gael," Radek spoke softly, smiling as his daughter turned to him, eyes wide and threw her arms around his neck.

"Thank you, Father,"