‹ Prequel: Lore of Anteria

Pawn of the Gods: Treasure of Gael

Chapter Twenty

Talin stared at Adara as she leaped at the twin on the right, sending him sprawling. She spun as the left twin came at her, foot catching him in the jaw. She growled, fire dancing along her skin.

"Spawn of Kasimir, calm yourself!" Talin yelled, stepping forward, towards her protectors. Adara stood, a foot on the right twin, his gold eyes flashing in pain. She hissed.

"You hurt my leige and expect me to calm myself?!" she demanded, her voice a double timbre, Kasimir was granting her his power. She drew Viper Sting from her back, holding it to, the one beneath her foot, throat. Uri stood, staggering to her.

"Adara, I'm fine. A bit beat up, but otherwise fine," he said, taking her chin in his hand. "Give the pendant to Talin," Adara jerked the pendant from her neck, throwing it to the Bard.

"She really did send you," Talin said, fingering the instruments. Adara stepped off the one called Ace. His gold eyes flashed as she held out a hand to help him to his feet. She arched her eyebrow and he took it. His hands were calloused and he had long fingers, which easily wrapped around her small female hand. "Ace is the gold-eyed one, Saber is the silver-eyed one. Why did Alwinera send you?"

In response, Uri drew Vanity and the Goddesses face shimmered in it.

"Ah, so you are the hero of Anteria," she toyed with her flute. "You can withstand my sleep song and can withstand pain," Talin looked at Adara, the unspoken for her. hung in the air. Talin put the flute to her lips and began playing Dawn of the Hero. Adara's feet began to move of their own accord as the song swept her away.

Uri stepped forward, to stop her, sweeping her off her feet.

"We are not your pawns, Talin," he hissed.

"While this is true, you are Pawns of the Gods," she said, eye brow raised. "Myself and Adara are part God," Uri cut the air with his hand.

"Enough! Either you will come with us and aid us, or you will waste your time away, toying with Mortals!" he snapped. Talin eyed him, her gaze making him wary.

"Very well. When do we leave?" she said, folding her arms under her chest.

"In the morning," he said. "We stay here," Adara looked so small in his arms. She hopped out of his grasp and took the stairs two at a time, seeking a bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Authors Note:

I never thought I'd be typing these words in! Let me know if you guys are still reading and if you like the twists it's taking!

-Aviendia