‹ Prequel: Lore of Anteria

Pawn of the Gods: Treasure of Gael

Chapter Twenty Two

"A dragon?!" Talin screeched. "Are you insane? There's no way for you, a mere Light Elf, to slay a Black Dragon," Adara walked in, her hair loose and looking very sleep-ish.

"He might not be able to, but I sure the hell can," she muttered, yawning. "Daughter of Kasimir, afterall," Adara's pale legs peeked out of underneath her tunic, a dagger was strapped to her thigh, as she pulled her hair over her shoulder, braiding it deftly.

"Adara, it is improper for a young lady, such as yourself to walk around dressed like that," Talin snapped. The red-haired fire elf arched her eyebrow at Talin, very deliberatly walking over to Uri and plopping down in his lap. His blue eyes widened. She leaned back into him, smiling like a content cat.

"I am demi-god, Talin, just like you. I do not appreciate being told what to do," Adara murmured, fighting a smile back at the Bard's outrage. "Anyway, how long will it take us to reach the City of Hearts? Where the dragon is said to terroize?"

"A few weeks," Talin said stiffly. "We have to go through the Thieves City, your patron's mortal residence," she sniffed disdainfully.

"Laila's home?" he asked with a soft murmur.

"Where she was raised, born and eventually killed," Adara said. "Laila was assassainated by a rival Thief, because she became the Kings personal guard. The king fell in love with her, he cried when she died, and he mourned," Adara murmured softly. "She was very well loved, by all, except her enemies,"

"Who killed her?"

"No one knows, except her and her killer, and she refuses to tell us," Adara sighed. "Anyway, Radek saw she was the best Thief, the purest thief, if there is even such a thing, and granted her immortality," Adara stood, walking out. Talin stared at Uri, sniffed disaprovingly and left.

Uri sat there, thinking about everything he had heard about Laila. Rubbing his chin thoughtfully, he strapped Vanity to his hip, walking out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Author's Note:

Don't worry, Talin stops being such a hard-ass later on.

-A.M. Ellerington