‹ Prequel: Lore of Anteria

Pawn of the Gods: Treasure of Gael

Chapter Twenty Seven

Alwinera's face twisted, as she pushed Yami back with her long golden lance, Dragon etched into its shaft.

I just hope they can get away in time. Kael, grant them speed, she thought, her lance piercing Yami's scales. She roared in triumph as he fell, snaking Dragon in for the finishing blow. Yami's claws caught the lance, as he thrust Taint through her abdomen. Alwinera's eyes widened, gold blood oozing out of her mouth as she gasped.

"Radek, am I not immortal?" she asked, her hands slipping from the shaft of the spear. Radek did not answer, Yami answered her question.

"Immortal doesn't mean invincible, Alwinera of the Golden Age," he hissed, pulling Taint from her body. Uri, I give you my blessing, go with haste, she thought, her eyes closing. Yami spat in disgust, kicking Alwinera's body. He sniffed the air. The scent of Adarians blood long gone. He hissed in frustration.

*****

A woman screamed and the group stopped running.

"FIND HER!" Uri shouted, twirling on his feet. His wound protested as he drew Shadow Slayer. Adara yelled.

"I found her," Adara and a magenta haired female lay trapped beneath the claws of a beast. Uri jumped, Shadow Slayer and Vanity slashing through it's tongues, which were wrapped around the females throat.

The female obtained the use of her hand, pulling her hunting knife from her thigh strap, and shoving it into the creatures throat, spraying them with green blood. Adara and she pushed it off of them, standing up and brushing the dirt off their clothes.

"We have to go," Uri said, grabbing both of their arms, and running.

"Wait," the stranger said. "Is your name Uri Anielel Dawn, Laila's champion?" Uri nodded, his hand held out to her. "I am Eldora, hand-picked by your patron to guard you. I heard that Yami may be after you," At that point, they heard steady wing beats and roaring not too far off.

They all ducked, Uri threw his cloak over the females and pulled him close to his body. Yami was after them.

"URI!" Ace called.

"Damnit," Uri spat under his breath.