‹ Prequel: Lore of Anteria

Pawn of the Gods: Treasure of Gael

Chapter Twenty Eight

"Uri," Yami's voice hissed right above him.

"Go!" he shouted, pushing Adara and Eldora forward as Yami fell from the tree tops. Eldora rolled, pulling another dagger from the small of her back. Her teeth were bared in a snarl, as she shoved both her daggers into Yami's wings, and pulling them down with a sharp jerk.

Yami screamed in agony, red-hot Drakaedian blood running down his muscular arms in rivulets. Taint came up, catching Uri in his shoulder, as the Drakaedian flailed. Adara caught him as he fell backward, his hand covering the wound.

"Thief of Hope," Yami spat, taking a staggering step forward. "I have already robbed him of his soul," Yami fell into the pine needles and leaves, fainting from the loss of blood.

Uri pulled his hand back, staring at the blood. He began to sway.Eldora kicked the Drakaedian in the ribs, turning to him, and kneeling at his side. He pitched forward, his eyes fluttering shut. Adara screamed, her hands clutching his tunic.

"Ahh!" Eldora roared, grabbing Shadow Slayer and lopping off Yami's head. "He will slay no more heros," she spat, shaking with fury.

"Uri, Uri, Uri," Adara murmured his name, over and over again, his head on her lap, stroking his face and rocking back and forth.

"A Maiden's kiss brings him back twice," Ace said, out of breath from running to them. Adara bit her lip, looking at Uri. Blood dripped from her lip and down her chin.

"Uri..." She said.