‹ Prequel: Lore of Anteria

Pawn of the Gods: Treasure of Gael

Chapter Thirty

"Eldora," Adara hesitated. Eldora looked over her shoulder at her, magenta strands obscuring half of her face. "Alwinera said that no mortal could slay Yami. What are you?" Eldora was silent for a few moments, except for the chopping of the Drakaedian flesh.

"I'm a Guardian. I'm not mortal, nor am I immortal. I just exist. I was born into this world, for the purpose of serving the Hero of Anteria," Eldora reached into a pocket and pulled out an object, throwing it at Adara. "That's the signet ring of the Dawn family, put it on his finger," The signet was the rising sun, the dawn.

"How does that happen?" Adara asked, slipping it on his index finger.

"How does what happen?" Eldora shot back.

"Being born for one purpose, simply existing,"

"I don't know, ever since I was born, I knew I had to protect someone. My father began training me in every art of weaponry imaginable, so I could fullfill my purpose. According to my mother, I used to walk around the house saying, 'Light, Light,'. HIs name means 'Light', Uri's does," she paused, walking to the nearby pond. "We should clean ourselves off. We're both covered in blood,"

"But, Uri--"

"Will still be in sight, in fact, if he opens his eyes, he might just see you naked, won't that be a sight," Eldora said, a small smile on her face. Adara's cheeks colored before she carefully laid Uri's head on his coat, her stomach still bare. "Should shred your breeches, to give you a more feral look,"

"Too far, Eldora," Adara said softly, stripping off her clothes and stepping into the pond. Eldora chuckled, following suit. Adara scrubbed the blood from her skin, reveling in the ponds coolness, taking the time to rinse out her hair. Eldora pulled out some rose scented oil from her bag, tossing it to Adara.

"I can be nice, sometimes," Adara nodded her head in thanks, pouring some in her hair and rinsing it out. While Eldora scrubbed herself clean, Adara pulled her clothes into the water to clean them. Uri stirred and Adara ducked down, her nose and eyes peeping out from above the water.

"Adara, where are you?" he turned over, mumbling to himself. Eldora laughed, Adara stood, and Uri sat straight up, wincing from the pain of his shoulder. His hand flew to his wound. Adara, forgetting about her state of dress, rushed out of the water, picking up Snow Lily and cutting her palm open, skidding to a halt beside him, and pressing her palm to his wound, her God blood speeding up the healing process and taking the pain away. Uri's cheeks were scarlet and his eyes were averted.

"Ah," she said, biting her lip, she licked her hand and ran back to the pond, ducking into the water once more.

"Many apologies, Adara," Uri murmured, his eyes still averted. Eldora chuckled with mirth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy poop. I made it to 30. o.0 Not a number I thought I'd ever make it to

-Aviendia!