‹ Prequel: Lore of Anteria

Pawn of the Gods: Treasure of Gael

Chapter Four

"Yes, Kasimir's lover, the Goddess of Love, Gael," Carn said. "He wanted Dream Slayer. He wanted to be the hero the Prophecy's spoke of,"

Ma'iola slapped him across the face. "How dare you! It was not your right nor your place to tell Zeke's nephew how his father died!" the old woman screeched. Carn fell backwards, landing on his rear.

"Ma'iola, you agree though, that he should have told him a long time ago," the elf said, rubbing his jaw. At this Ma'iola had nothing to say.

Zeke arrived, looked at Ma'iola, Carn then at Uri, with Rikita. Carn's face was sorrowful, Ma'iola avoided his gaze and Uri's face was a mask of stone, eyes firey blue orbs. Oh heavens, Radek, they told him, a pained expression crossed Zeke's features.

"Uri, I should have told you sooner," Zeke started. Uri turned his back to him. Rikita touched his arm, glaring at Carn. He took a step back, her eyes holding him in place.

"Tell me why," Uri asked, his voice trembling with emotion.

"We should go back to the house..."

"Tell me, here and now," he snapped harshly, barely keeping his anger reigned in.

"He wanted to save Anteria. It's falling to ruin. Kasimir fights Gael and Laila fights Kasimir. He just wanted to end the suffering and restore these lands to it's former glory!" Zeke yelled, his voice thick.

"Uncle, what is a hero?" Uri looked over his shoulder at his uncle, a sneer on his face. "No, mankind will not perish. She is the God Radek's daughter, he will make her choose eventually," Uri shook his head, wrapping his arms around Rikita's back.

"Teach me how to wield a sword, Uncle, enough of knowledge, I'm brimming over the top with it. Teach me how to fight," he spun, looking Zeke full in the face. Zeke's face fell and he covered his face with his hands, feeling very old.