‹ Prequel: Lore of Anteria

Pawn of the Gods: Treasure of Gael

Chapter Seven

"Kill Kasimir? How? He is the god of war," he said. Though, if she succeeded, the Wars between the races would stop, however, the Gods would continue to fight, he thought.

"Kasimir desires a woman's flesh," the priestess said, biting her knuckle. Uri's eyes widened. What a cruel Goddess. She knows Kasimir will touch no other woman besides her. Gael is Kasimir's lover. Gael the Goddess, he thought. How vile. This is the woman, the Hero Chooser?

"I have a feeling you're going to fail, priestess," he murmured, turning to look over his shoulder at her. Tears slid down her pale face, her curled tresses hiding it as she buried her face in his back.

"I know, but I must do something. Gael and Kasimir are fighting, it's tearing my Kingdom apart. I cannot just sit idly by in my temple doing nothing!" she yelled. Uri slid off Eclipse and pulled her down into her arms.

"Let me take care of it, I'll find a way to make it stop. I promise, on my honour as a Light Elf," She nodded, sniffling against his chest. "Where do you wish to go, priestess?"

"Take me with you, please," Ana'iel never said anything about a priestess, he thought warily. Honestly, what harm can she do? he thought frantically.

"I need to train, I need to learn to fight properly. Will you come with me deeper into Kasimir's Kingdom?" he asked, holding her away from him. She nodded sharply.

He climbed up on Eclipses back and pulled her up behind him, the barracks were still a day away.