‹ Prequel: Too Young For This
Sequel: Say It Once

Someone Like That

Well give me whiplash, why dont you?

Her wedged heels leave soft, weird shaped crescent shapes in the grass as she marches over to where Daniel and I are standing. She eyes him quickly, her blue eyes squinting into a glare, before shifting them back to me again.

"Jake." She says in an annoyed monotone. "What the hell is your problem? I called you what - three times last night? I know you got my calls. How come you won't talk to me?!" Her eyes flicker to Danny once again, accusingly, and he puckers his lips in response.

"Why else wouldn't I talk to you?" I roll me eyes, getting pissed all over again. "Come on, you're not that self assured are you?"

The way she reels back some gives away how hurt she is by my words. "Well, fuck the calls. That's why I came here anyways. This is something I feel like I should say face to face."

"I'm really not interested in anything you have to say right now, Cara."

Ignoring the latter of what I'd just said, she closes the small distance between us, taking my hand into her own. "Please, Jake. Just hear me out. Please..." She holds my hand to her chest, and the skin there is hot beneath her shirt.

I look down into her ocean blue eyes, feeling myself quickly becoming a victim to her charm, once again. I flicker a scowl in my brother's direction. His smile is smug and triumphant...He'd knew I'd let her get to me.

What an asshole.

"Fine," I mutter. "Let's talk."

"Alone." She whispers, whipping her head towards Daniel again, who's leaning against his car and quietly observing our every word.

His nose wrinkles in distaste at Cara's attempt to get rid of him. "Yeah, yeah." He says dismissively, pulling away from the car and fetching the keys from his pocket. "That's my cue. I think I'm gonna head home forreal this time, Jake. Before Miya murders me. I'll talk to you later. And tell me how it goes." He salutes mockingly, rolling his hazel eyes before quickly climbing inside his car, then driving away seconds later.

The moment his car disappears around the corner I realize I am alone with Cara in my front yard. God forbid if one of my family members decide to eavesdrop from the safety of our living room window.

I don't want to talk to her about anything, but it isn't easy pretending she isn't here. She hasn't moved from her position, still softly gripping my hand with her tiny one, and her eyes now follow me with a detached interest.

My gaze locks onto hers, and she tilts her head upward, capturing my eyes with her deep blue ones. I notice traces of light circles under her eyes, like she hadn't slept at all last night. Even her hair looks more tossled and waved than usual - she didn't straighten it today.

"Okay," I mumble. "You have my attention. But I just want to say that I honestly don't care to hear about exactly why you did what you did last night. It won't take away the fact that you did it."

She breathes slowly. "Jacob, Sam and I are over. Last night, I was just really upset that he did that to me. It was wrong of him to show up at my job and try to make me jealous like that...It kind of hurt to see him resorting to something so childish."

I scuff. "Try to make you jealous? Clearly you don't realize that he succeeded in doing so, Cara. If you would have ignored him like I said, he would have felt that he didn't get through to you, and it would have been the end of it. All you did was show him that he still has a hold on you. And I'm not sure if I want to pursue someone who still has feelings for someone else. Hell no! You need to make up you mind."

"But I have made up my mind.." She whispers, letting go of my hand and nuzzling closer to my chest. "I don't have any feelings for him, Jacob. I promise. All I did was check up on him...He only does stuff like that when there's a deeper issue. I told him how much of an asshole he was, and that's it."

"He's not your issue anymore."

She nods, and slinks her arms around my neck. "I know. Let's just start over, okay? Just me and you.."

My mouth nearly drops open. Somehow I'd once again lost control of the situation. I'd wanted to do all but decapitate her this morning, and now here I am, chest to chest with her breath blowing softly across my face. I'm supposed to be about to chew her down..not tongue her down.

Danny's words replay themselves inside my head again. Maybe he was right after all. If I try to cut Cara off, I'll just cage myself up again, and that's not good for anybody.

"Just you and I?" I repeat, more to myself than for her.

"Just you and I," she confirms.

God damn, I am a vulnerable bastard.

Maybe this will be a good thing, though. I'll just have to hide my face from Kristen for the rest of my life. She'll never let me live yesterday down, if she finds out that I forgave Cara so easily. She go right back to her 'be careful' self.

Yet she sure wasn't taking too many precautions last night when she made that move on me. Every time I think about it, I become ashamed of myself. It's kind of becoming clear that she wants me to avoid Cara just so that she can eventually win me over with her extreme persistence. What had Daniel called it? Oh yeah, 'heart'.

I'm not going to tell Justin about my car experience with Kristen. Hell no. There's nothing to tell. It's not as if I made a move on her after promising him that I wouldn't, seeing as she was the one making all the moves.

I suddenly realize the move I want to make.

I close the small bubble of space that is between mine and Cara's face, molding my lips to hers. The taste is sweet and homey, like honey. Even her tongue is warm as it slides across my lips. Definitely something I can become accustomed to.

This is what I need - reassurance. One good kiss to drown out the memories of another kiss that shouldn't have happened, and won't happen again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo sorr how long this took. Which is why I hate making promises to update the next day, because something bad always happens.

August was a hard month for me guys. My uncle died of cancer, there was ALOT of drama within my family, my boyfriend of two years graduated from basic training from the air force, and is now in tech school. Which sucks because I won't see him again till november.

Also, I started my senior year of high school. I am SO happy I am almost finished with HS, guys. You just don't know. I am so ready to be done with it, seriously. I even have all my credits. All I need is a year of math. I've done all my required aount of electives, and 5 years of english. So basically, I'm just taking pointless ass classes that I don't need because my school doesn't let people go home early if they don't have a job and some other shit. Blahhhh

Anyways, I'm done with this huge ass spongebobqueisha author's note. I'll post the rest of this chapter sometime in the course of the next 2 days. I swearrrrrrrrr