Take My ***ing Hand

Golden Pinecones

He turned around and his eyes set on the same thing mine did. He looked at me with a look of shock, then sprinted towards that thing like it was made out of gold. I was right behind him. 

We began picking and devouring the berries like our life depended on them. Because it did. 

After about fifteen minutes of devouring and harvesting we both had red juice all over our faces and hands, it looked like we had resorted to cannibalism. 

"OW! Mother fucker!" Brendon exclaimed. 

He was holding his finger, and examining it. 

I gave him a weird look. 

"I uh, stabbed myself." he over dramatized. 

I rolled my eyes playfully. "You mean you pricked your finger on a thorn?" 

He gave me a sarcastic laugh  in response to my comment. 

"I'm going to go rinse off my hands." he mumbled. He took not even two steps before tripping falling almost flat on his face. 

I couldn't help but just about fall over laughing. He just glared at me and stood up, dusting himself off. 

"It's not funny." he said. I continued to laugh. 

"Then why am I laughing?" I smarted off. 

"Because you're a sadistic bitch." he said continuing to glare at me. 

"I am not. You're just a wimp." I said. 

He rolled his eyes. "Well it's not like I saw the god damned pinecone. It went and blended in with the ground and shit." he grumbled. 

My laughter died immediately. 

"Pinecone?" I questioned. 

"Yes…" he said raising an eyebrow. He looked at me like I was crazy. 

"Where is it?" I asked. "Pinecone equals food. And I need protein." I tried to clarify. 

His look of "You're insane" turned to a look of "Ew. What the hell?" 

"Ew. What the hell? I'm not eating a pinecone. That sounds painful." he said. He sounded kind of like a diva. 

I rolled my eyes."You don't eat the pinecone idiot. You eat the pine nuts. Protein." I resisted the urge to say "duh." 

"Wait. Pine nuts come from pine cones?" I just looked at him like I was talking to an idiot. 

"I'm going back to camp." I said ignoring his comment. I grabbed the pinecone along the way. 

~*~

After I had gotten all the goddamn pine nuts out of the thing, Brendon came waltzing back into camp. 

He was topless, using his shirt to carry a shitload of berries and some green plant. 

"I gathered some black berries, then I also found a strawberry plant and some onions." he said setting the shirt hammock thing on the rock next to my pine nuts. 

"Well someone's quite the hunter gatherer." I smirked. 

"You're not the only one that could survive on their own out in the wilderness." he said.

"Says the guy who tried to eat a poisonous mushroom." I mumbled with a smirk. 

He glared at me. 

"You're just so funny." he commented sarcastically. 

"I know,  now, that pinecone you tripped over was loaded. There's gotta be a million of these things in here." I separated them into two piles, and pushed one in his direction. 

"Thanks." he said grabbing some and throwing them in his mouth. "Hey, how did you get so smart in the whole survival thing?" he asked. 

I let out a small laugh. "Um, before my mom died, she was real big on the whole botany thing. She would always take us camping and hiking around this area and Oregon." I explained. "She would always talk about different plants and their culinary and medicinal purposes. At the time I found it annoying, but it turned out to be quite useful." 

"I'll say." he said. 

~*~

"Can I ask you something?" I asked after a good twenty minutes of being lost in my thoughts. 

"Shoot." he said. 

"Why me?" I asked. He raised an eyebrow at me. 

"What?" he asked. 

"Why me?" I repeated. "Why did you choose me? I'm a loser. Why on earth would you want to get with me? How could that possibly help your reputation?" I asked. 

He looked surprised by my random outburst. 

He remained silent for a second while he thought about it. 

"Well, honestly, my friends could care less who I fuck. And, I mean, you are pretty hot." he tried to play it of nonchalantly, but i could see him turn red. "The reason I kept on you was because if my friends found out I was rejected by, um, someone of, uh, your social status, they would never let me forget it. And they didn't. They always brought it up, and I guess I took my anger out on you."

I nodded while I thought about what he said. 

"You think I'm hot?" I asked with a cocky grin on my face. 

"Don't let it go to your head." Brendon grumbled trying to hide his smile. "But this doesn't change anything." he said. 

I laughed. "I know." 
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha. Brendons a wimp and Ryan's a sadistic bitch. I love them.

Sorry about the filler. It was going to be longer but I have limited time on the Internet and I wanted to get a chapter out.

Ps. I love you guys so much for the comments! I went to he'd an woke up and had like ten comments! I was so happy ily! It made me want to get out another update. :D