Take My ***ing Hand

Finally

I attempted to get up the next morning without waking him up, but unfortunately, it's hard to stay asleep when your only sours of warmth, and the only thing keeping your face off the dirt leaves you. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I apologized. He sighed and sat up. 

"It's fine." he mumbled groggily. "I'm thirsty anyway." He stood up and made it only a couple steps before stopping and completely collapsing to the ground. 

"Ryan?" I quickly rushed to his side and crouched down next to him. He was unconscious. 

Mother fucker. 

I lifted his head onto my lap and gently patted his face. 

"Come on Ryan. Please wake up. Shit." I said desperately trying to get him to wake up. Slowly his eyes fluttered open. 

"Oh thank God." I mumbled hugging his head to my chest. 

"What happened?" he mumbled groggily. 

"I don't know." I said. "You just collapsed. Are you okay?" I asked. 

"I don't feel so good." he answered. 

"Shit." I said. He can't get sick. No. He's the only fucking smart one here. 

He sat himself up. 

"What are you doing?" I asked. He raised an eyebrow at me. 

"I'm going to get some water." he coughed. 

"No." I said. "You should lay down. I'll get you water." I argued. 

"I'm more comfortable sitting." he said. Yeah, I guess a rock and some pine needles isn't exactly the most comfortable place to lay down. 

"Here, I have an idea." I said taking of my shirt. (Or what was left of it.) I then bunched it up into a ball and set it on the ground for him to use as a pillow. He just looked at me. "I'll be right back." I said grabbing the soda bottle and racing off towards the stream. 

When I returned, he was still sitting there, only he had his head in his hands. I sat down next to him and handed him the bottle of water. 

He took it slowly, and a bit reluctantly, and took a drink. While he did so, I took the liberty of feeling his forehead. 

"Shit Ryan, you're burning up." I said. "You need to lay down. I'll go get you some food." 

"Wait." he said just as I was about to walk off. "Why are you acting so weird?" he asked. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I said. 

"You're acting all caring and motherly, it's kind of freaking me out." he explained. 

I smirked but didn't answer. 

"I'm going to go find you some food." I said turning around. 

"Wait!" he called. I turned back around and put my hands on my hips. 

"What?" I asked. 

"This isn't some sort of attempt to try and get at me is it? Your not still trying to get in my pants are you?" he questioned. 

I smirked and shook my head. I kneeled down next to him. 

"Ryan, I realized something last night. I realized that-" 

"Wait." he interrupted me. "Do you hear that?" he asked. 

"What are you-" 

"Shhh." he shushed me. 

I closed my mouth an listened. 

My eyes widened. 

"Is that a... Is that a fucking helicopter?" I asked. 

"It sounds like it." he mumbled. 

I shot up to my feet and searched the sky. "I don't fucking see anything." I said. 

"The clearing." he coughed. "They won't be able to see us with all these trees. Go to the clearing and see if you can see anything." he said. I nodded, and shot off towards the clearing as fast as my legs could carry me. 

~*~

I made it to the clearing, and my eyes scanned the sky, not seeing anything, but the sound had gotten louder. 

"Help!" I yelled as loud as I could. Not that they could hear me in the helicopter, but who knows? 

I continued to run around the clearing waving my arms in the air like a lunatic, when finally out of the corner of my eye, I saw something move in the sky, and the sound became extremely loud. I looked towards the moving object, and almost cried with happiness. It was what I had been hoping to see for an entire week. 

The fucking way out of here. 

I turned towards it and waved my arms in the air, too out of breath to shout. The thing hovered above me, and a man leaned out the side, and waved back, signaling that he saw me. 

I swear to God I had the hugest smile on my face. 

~*~

Within about fifteen minutes, ATV's had flooded our campsite with food water and clean clothes. They brought us back to some sort of base thing, where they set me and Ryan up in some sort of little room with a cushioned bench like thing and a ton of blankets.  

"Well, you're pretty lucky Mister Urie." a nurse-like woman said, examining my arm. I gave her a weird look. 

"This is great bandage work. If you had waited any longer to bandage this, it could have gotten seriously infected, and we may have had to amputate it." My eyes widened, and I looked at Ryan, who had a smug grin on his face. 

"Your welcome." he coughed. 

"And you're lucky we found you in time, Mister Ross." the nurse continued. "The virus you caught could have gotten much worse without proper treatment. It's often caught by drinking non purified water. I'll be right back with some medicine. Your parents should be arriving soon." She said leaving the room. 

Ryan thanked her as she left. 

"So," Ryan started. "What were you saying earlier? Before you were interrupted by our rescue?" I laughed at his phrasing. 

"Well, uh..." I started. But once again I was interrupted. 

"Brendon!" I female voice called my name. I soon recognized it as my mothers, once I was being choked by her hugs. "Oh honey, I'm so glad you're alive. I love you so much. My god, I've missed you." she exclaimed. 

I looked over, and noticed my dad awkwardly standing in the doorway, and my siblings all standing around outside. 

I hugged my mom back, and noticed Ryan being squished by his dad, both of them crying a little bit. I felt a tear roll down my cheek, when I realized just how much I missed my family. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. I would have updated like two weeks ago, but my phone fucked up and deleted EVERYTHING so I had to rewrite it when I was finished being pissed off. xD

Comments? <3