Take My ***ing Hand

Urn Puking

I stood in my bathroom, getting ready for my "date." 

Bastard. 

I just finished applying eyeliner, and was about to reach for the cologne when I stopped myself. 

What was I doing

This was Urie, and I was dressing up.

I put the cologne down and went to wait downstairs. 

It's 7:03 where the hell is he? 

Not that I want to go or anything. I just want to get this over with so he'll leave me alone. 

Three minutes later there was a knock on the door. 

I opened it and there he stood; dressed the same as yesterday, only this time he was carrying a bouquet of roses. 

He smiled and handed them to me. 

"Uh. Thanks." I muttered, taking them and setting them on the table by the door. 

"No problem." he said. "You look nice." 

I grunted in response, closed the door, and headed for the car. 

I got in and he wasn't too far behind. 

"It wouldn't kill you to accept a compliment you know." he said. 

"Yeah, whatever. Where are we going anyway?" 

He scoffed and playfully rolled his eyes. "Dinner and a movie." he said. "Not too complicated." 

"Okay fine. But before we leave, I'm going to set some ground rules." I stated. 

He smirked. 

"Okay." he said. 

"First rule, hands to yourself. That means no touching or groping." I said. He looked as if he was holding back a laugh and nodded. I rolled my eyes. "Second rule, no kissing or sexually harassing. So don't be expecting any movie make-out time or anything." I said. 

"Wouldn't that fall under 'hands to yourself?" he asked. I ignored him. 

"Third rule, no being an ass-hole." I said. "And I swear, if you break any of these rules, I will hurt you." 

"Is that a threat or a promise?" he said with a smirk. 

"Brendon, I will leave this car I swear to god-" 

"I'm kidding. Sheesh. Lighten up." he said as he started the car and pulled away from the house. 

Five minutes later he pulled up to some restaurant I've never been to. It looked oddly fancy from the outside, and no doubt even fancier on the inside. 

Seriously, it looks like the kind of place you'd expect to see the president at or something. It was dimmly lit, decorated with flowers and fine linens everywhere, and had a real romantic feel to it. 

Fuck. 

"You're not going to win me over by taking me to some fancy restaurant." I said. "I don't care how romantic it is." I said as we walked in. 

"We'll see." he said as he held the door open for me. I rolled my eyes and walked in. 

"I had a reservation for two under Urie." he told the man at the podium. The man looked through his book before grabbing two menus. 

"Of course, follow me gentlemen." he said leading the way down an extravagantly decorated hallway. He led us to a small table by a window that looked out into a garden that was dimly lit with white Christmas lights. 

"This looks expensive." I muttered, mostly to myself. 

"Don't worry about it." he said. "I got it covered. I saved up my allowance."

That's oddly... Sweet. 

No. No it's not Ryan. He's using you, remember? 

I sat down and glared at the menu. 

"Can I start you boys off with something to drink?" the man asked. 

"I'll have a pepsi." he said. 

"Water's fine." I mumbled. 

"Alright. I'll bring those right out for you." he said before walking away. 

After a few minutes of very awkward silence, and me glaring at the menu, he finally spoke up. 

"What are you going to get?" he asked. 

I sighed. "I don't know." I mumbled. 

He sighed and set his menu down. "Look Ryan, I understand that you're not a very big fan of me right now. But I'm trying really hard, okay? I really don't want you to hate me so much, so please, just try and have fun okay? And I'll promise to abide by the rules and everything." he said looking at me with hopeful eyes. 

"It doesn't help that you forced me to go on a date with you." I said, looking back down at my menu. 

"I just wanted to show you that I can be everything you want me to be." he mumbled almost so quietly that I wasn't sure I was even supposed to hear it. When I glanced at him his face was slightly pink. "I mean, we got along when we were lost-"

"For like two seconds." I said cutting him off. He didn't respond, instead he just looked down at his menu looking unhappy. 

It... It almost made me feel... guilty

Okay fine. I felt bad, but it's just because he's such a good actor. 

"Okay fine." I said. "I'll try and be less of a dick. But just tonight. And the rules are still in affect." I said. 

He gave me a small smile and mumbled "Okay." 

"Here are your drinks boys." the waiter said setting the drinks on the table. "Are you ready to order?" he asked. 

"I'm ready." I said. 

"Me too." Brendon said. "I'll have the vegetarian lasagna." 

"I'll, Uh, I'll have the fettucini alfredo." I ordered. 

"Alright. Is that it?" he asked. We both nodded and he walked away. 

"Vegetarian lasagna?" I questioned after the waiter left. "You're a vegetarian?"

He nodded. 

My eyes widened. 

Wow. Way to just like, warp my perception of reality. 

"Since when?" I asked. 

"A couple years." he said. "You look so surprised." he said with a smirk. 

"Well, you don't exactly come off as the 'I love cows too much to eat them' type." I said. 

"Well, it was more of an experimental thing that just sort of stuck. And the parents weren't to thrilled about it either." he said. 

So it all comes back to the parents. 

"Being vegetarian is your form of rebellion?" I asked. It was surprising to say the least. 

"Yeah. I guess." he said. "It was more like, it's one of the only things they can't control." he explained. 

"It's not like you've let that stop you in the past though." I said. 

"Well, when I'm at home I still have to pretend I'm some innocent little virgin that spends Saturday nights studying at a friends house. Its nice to have a little something that makes me different from my brothers at home." he further explained. 

I couldn't help it. I cracked a smile in attempt to hold back a laugh. 

"What's so funny?" he asked with a smirk. 

"You... An innocent little virgin." 

He laughed. "Yeah. I know. If only they knew their son was out on a date with a boy right now." 

"If only they knew their son forced a boy against his will to go on a date so he could get in his pants." I added. 

"Hey now." he said putting his hands up in defense. "I told you. This is totally innocent. I have no intention of hurting you, or manipulating you for that matter." 

I rolled my eyes. 

"Whatever."

He sighed, and we fell back into the awkward silence. 

The duration of the somewhat conversation was surprising though. We haven't been that civil since the woods. 

"So, uh, how have you been since we got back?" he asked. 

I smirked. 

"You going to ask me about the weather while you're at it" I retorted. 

"Dude, Ryan, I'm just trying to make small talk. Can you please try and cooperate this once?" he said, seemingly annoyed. 

Small talk. Small talk. Small talk. 

"Fine." I mumbled. "Things are okay I guess. Nothing has really changed other then the fact you're all over me now." 

I'm pretty sure he chose to ignore the last part, and nodded. 

"You?" I asked reluctantly, playing along. 

"Uh, not too much. My family has been all nice to me and stuff since I got back. I'm just wandering how long it will last." he said playing with his fingers. "I didn't expect that they would actually miss me. I was surprised honestly." 

"I told you that they would miss you and were out looking for you, but you didn't believe me." I said. 

"You don't know them like I do." I said. "Every day someone was always nagging me about my clothes or how I eat, or how I don't like going to church, how I'm a 'bad seed' or whatever. But now they're all like, nice. It's weird." he said. 

"Well that's a good thing isn't it?" I asked. 

"I guess. Im just afraid that I'll get used to it, then they'll go back to treating me like before. It just makes me a little uneasy." he explained. "But enough about me. What about you?" he asked. 

"What do you mean? There's not really much to know." 

"So I take it things are cool at home and everything? Your dad seems nice." he said. 

"Yeah I guess. Things are pretty much back to normal, besides the fact that I need to use cover up now." And the fact that there seems to be more and more bottles in the trash every night.

"Cover up?" he questioned. 

"Uh yeah, for the cuts and bruises you know. From the crash." I explained. 

"Ah. I see." he said nodding. 

"Here you go boys. Enjoy your dinner." the waiter said, placing our meals in front of us 

We both mumbled a thank you, and he walked away. 

"This is weird." I said, staring at my food. 

"You haven't even tried it yet." 

"Not the food. I mean this." I explained, motioning between us. "Us not fighting or bickering. It's so weird. I like, don't even know what to do." 

He rolled his eyes. "It's only weird because you're making it weird. If you would just relax and have fun instead of being stubborn and making yourself miserable, you might actually have a good time." he said as he forked his lasagna. 

I didn't respond, I just glared at him. 

"Uh, sorry." he said. "I just think you should try and relax a little is all." he further explained. 

I sighed. "Fine." I said. "But you understand why I'm being to uptight right?" 

It was his turn to sigh. "Yeah, I guess. I'm sorry." he mumbled again after a pause. 

"Stop apologizing." I said, picking up my fork. 

He nodded and went back to eating his food. This is so weird. No snappy comebacks? No name calling? He just does what I say without question? Is this for real? Does he really want to hook up with me this badly? Most guys would have moved on by now. Does this really mean something?

Or maybe this is just all part of the game. Maybe he knows that I'd be thinking that so he knows I'd give in and he'd get his way. 

Okay now you're just being paranoid.

The rest of the meal was eaten mostly in silence. 

~*~

"What movie are we seeing?" I asked as we pulled up to a movie theater. 

"I dunno. Whatever you want to see." he said. 

I decided on a suspense movie being that the only other options were some lame romantic comedy and a kids movie. 

We skipped popcorn and found seats right in the middle of the theater. Neither one of us had really said anything, not even after we found our seats and waited for the movie to start. 

The movie started and we still just kind of sat there in awkward silence. 

I admit, I wasn't having a terrible time, in fact, I was actually worried I'd have too much fun. 

I really really don't want to fall into this trap. 

"I'm going to go get something to drink." he whispered. 

I nodded and he left. 

He soon retuned holding two slushies. 

"I got you one two just in case." he whispered. 

"Uh thanks." I said, taking it. 

He smiled and sat back down, only this time he leaned over and rested his head on my shoulder. I tensed at first , but then just sort of relaxed into it. The only reason I didn't object or push him off is, well, I figure he has been somewhat nice and gracious all night, so he earned it. And I already decided to try and not be such a dick. 

I didn't have to see him to know that there was a small on his face. 

Then his hand slowly inched closer and closer to mine, until they were almost touching. 

"You're pushing your luck." I whispered. 

He let out a small quiet laugh. 

"Sorry." he said. 

We watched the rest of the movie in that same position.

~*~

 The movie ended, and he shot up out of his seat, then grabbed my arm and pulled me up. 

"What are you doing?" I objected, after I caught my balance. 

"I dunno, just helping you up. Oh shit. I have to pee. I'll meet you out front." he exclaimed, talking at light speed, and racing out of the theater. 

I knew that huge as slushy was a bad idea. Now I have to deal with this. 

I sighed and walked out front. 

Soon enough Brendon appeared. 

"That was a terrible movie."  he said a little too loudly. 

"Brendon, say that a little louder. I don't think the film directors in LA heard you." I hissed. He then smirked and jumped up on a bench. 

"Everyone! Do not see that movie! It was horrible!" he shouted. 

I immediately pulled him down. 

"Shit Brendon, what's the matter with you?" I hissed again. "Are you high or something?" 

"Just sugar high. And I think me meds wore off sometime in the middle of the movie." he said fidgeting. 

Great. 

"I'm sorry." he said. "It's hard for me to sit that long without meds." he explained. 

I began to walk towards the car. 

"Well it didn't help that you downed a blue slushy Juno style." I mumbled. He ran up to me. 

"It was so tempting! I couldn't stop myself. Don't diss the slushy! Or I will puke in your urn Ross. Do not make me puke in your urn." he said with a faux stern voice. 

I rolled my eyes, hid a smile, and got in the car. 

Brendon jumped into the drivers seat and turned the key with more force then necessary. 

"Where should we go now? Oh the zoo! How about the zoo? I want to toto the zoo." he rambled. 

"Brendon, it's like nine o'clock at night. The zoo is closed. And, you said we were just doing dinner and a movie. You're taking me home now." I said. 

He frowned. "Fine." 

~*~

We drove up to my house, and I opened the door, ready to climb out when he jumped out of the car as well and ran to my side. 

"What are you doing?" I asked as I got out of the car. 

"Walking you to the door." 

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Okay..." 

And he did just that. He walked right next to me until we reached my front door. 

"Okay. Bye Brendon." I said, just about ready to open the door. 

"Wait." he said. "Can I at least have a hug?" he asked with puppy dog eyes. "I did pay for dinner after all." 

I rolled my eyes. 

"Fine." 

He smiled and stretched his arms wide before wrapping them around my neck. 

I reluctantly wrapped my arms around his waist. 

He held on for longer then necessary, then whispered "the date's over." 

I went to pull away when he kissed me on the cheek. 

"The date's over, so I wasn't breaking any rules." he said with a smirk, pulling back just far enough that our noses were almost touching. 

I was really uncomfortable. 

Because I was physically being drawn in with the need to kiss him. 

I pulled away, completely flustered. 

"Um, thanks for dinner. I guess I'll see you Monday." I said stepping into the house, but not closing the door yet. 

"See you Monday." he said with a smirk. 

I closed the door and walked upstairs. 

I wasn't disappointed that the date was over already. 

Just a little.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter wasn't terribly exciting, but it was kind of important, and also really long. So I think I deserve love anyway. Yes? :3 hehe.

Comments? <3 I love you all. :}

[This chapter was 2717 words. o:]