Take My ***ing Hand

Flowers

Brendon was coming over today.

In fact, he’ll be here in about twenty minutes.

Right now I was frantically picking up and wiping down everything in the house, making sure things were perfect presentable.

I was wiping down the coffee table when my dad walked in, holding a beer in his hand.

“Damn son, I haven’t seen you clean since, well, ever.” He said. I rolled my eyes and went to wipe the dust and cobwebs off the bookshelf and on top of the T.V. “Is the Pope coming over or something?” he smirked.

I sighed. “No, I just have a friend coming over, and I thought it’d be nice if this place looked presentable for once.” I mumbled.

He laughed. “A friend huh? I see. Well, I’ll be up in my office if you need anything.” He said heading up the stairs. “Be sure to use protection!” he then shouted once he was out of sight. I turned red and glared in his direction, but he was already gone.

I finished cleaning with ten minutes to spare. Everything was literally spotless, so I had nothing to do but sit and wait, (considering I had already spent an hour on my appearance, which is not something I’d admit to anyone. Ever.)

And, no matter how many times I told my mind to shut up, that I was being stupid, that I was acting like a teenage girl, I kept wondering what he’d think of how I looked today. Hoping he found me good looking.

Another thing I will never admit to anyone.

I had settled on simple and flattering. Black tight jeans and a fitted white V-neck. I had straightened my hair, styled it, and even added a hint of eyeliner for the occasion. (Which wasn’t that unusual, I was the “fag” of the school after all.) But I looked good, I thought. (I hoped.)

After sitting for about five minutes, I began to ask myself why I was so nervous and slightly worried. This was Urie after all. Sure we’re a couple now but...

Oh God. We’re a couple.

Me and Urie.

Brendon and I.

Two months ago we hated each other.

This is going to take some getting used to.

Just wait until the school finds out.

The two guys that used to harass and beat on each other for three years are now fucking.

No, not fucking.

But that’s what they’ll think.

Gahhh.

Fucking mind.

This is painful, can’t he just fucking get here already?

After a few more minutes of me dangerously dabbling in thought, there was a knock on the door. I nearly flew out of my seat, then was glad that he couldn’t see me acting so dorkish.

I answered the door, and had to clench my teeth to keep my jaw from dropping.

Shut up, he looked good okay?

He was wearing black skinny jeans (too tight to be legal) and a black and grey striped long sleeve V-neck, accompanied by a pair of checkered vans, and a bouquet of flowers.

“Hey.” he said, handing me the flowers.

“Uh, hi.” I responded lamely, taking them and stepping out of the way so he could come in.

I then smiled at the gesture and closed the door behind him.

“You and your flowers.” I smirked.

“Yeah, well if you don’t like them you can just toss them. I don’t really know how these relationships work too well, and my mom suggested them so...”

“Your mom?” I asked.

“Yeah, I asked her how to impress someone on the first date. She just assumed I meant a girl.” he said, flushing slightly and looking at the floor. I’ve never seen him so shy and... vulnerable.

“Well thanks.” I said with a smile. “I’ll go put them in some water.” I said disappearing into the kitchen for a quick second to grab a vase from under the sink and fill it with water. “You can sit down if you want.” I offered.

“Thanks...” he said awkwardly, followed by a silence.

I walked back out into the main room and he was sitting on the edge of the sofa, playing with his hands.

“You know,” I started. Last time you were here you had no problem making your self at home, drinking my soda’s and lounging on my couch. And lets not forget refusing to leave.” I said with a smirk, sitting down next to him.

“Well, I don’t want to be, uh-”

“Stop being awkward.” I demanded.

“Fine.” he said before leaning back, putting his feet up on the table, and wrapping one arm around my shoulders. “There, better?”

“Well I did just clean the table.” I said with a smirk, reflexively leaning into his touch.

He rolled his eyes playfully and slid his feet onto the floor.

“You’re so difficult” he said.

“I was kidding, geeze.” I laughed, putting my feet up on the table.

“Oh my God,” He laughed. “So are we like, going to watch a movie or something?” he asked. I smirked and got off the couch.

“Sure.” I said, picking up a few DVD’s that were on the TV case. “Action, Horror, or Romantic Comedy?” I asked.

“Oh yeah, Romantic Comedy all the way.” he joked. I smirked and put it in the DVD player. “Wait, I was kidding dude. I don’t want to-”

“To late.” I interjected, plopping back down next to him on the couch.

He sighed. “You’re going to make me watch Wedding Date? Seriously? Well I guess we know who’s the chick in the relationship.” he mumbled with a smirk.

I raised my eyebrow at him and punched him in the side.

His breath hitched in his throat, which he obviously tried to disguise as him clearing his throat. “Ow. Okay, fine. I’m sorry. Jesus. Way to get violent.”

I responded by laughing and resting my head on his shoulder.

It was odd how quickly we were able to adjust. I was afraid things would be awkward for at least a few weeks, but instead we’re acting as is we’ve been friends... or a couple … forever. Maybe we’re not all that wrong for each other after all.

But, I still don’t understand why.

Why did he want to be a couple all of a sudden?

Why was he suddenly so interested in a relationship when he knows there’s no sex involved? At least not for a while.

Why me?

These things were running through my head for a good part of the movie. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I hadn’t noticed we managed to shift so that I was resting my head on his chest, with my arm stretched across his waist. His hand was resting on my side, and my feet were kicked up onto the couch.

“Hey Brendon?” I asked.

“Yeah?” he said, strangely engulfed in the movie.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.” he said, not taking his eyes off he screen.

“Why?” I asked.

He turned the volume down and raised an eyebrow at me. “What?” he questioned.

“You never told me why you wanted to be in a relationship all of a sudden. Why you decided to change.” I explained. I had to bit my tongue from adding “If you really did change.”

“Well, I don’t know if I changed exactly...” he said. “Well, more like I just realized somethings, and had an intense argument with myself on night when you were sleeping. It was after you confessed how you felt about me, and my conscience was screaming things at me. Turns out I liked you too you lucky bastard. Enough to want to try and make things work with you.” he explained, a smirk on his face.

“But why?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” he said. “Do you want me to sit here and list all the reason why I like you?”

I laughed. “No.” I said. “I just don’t understand why my confessing made you want to date me.”

“Well, I think we’ve always had feelings for each other and just denied it. It was about time.”

I laughed again.

“Okay then.”

“Why do you ask?” he asked.

“I’m just trying to figure things out.” I said.

“Well things don’t have to be complicated anymore. We can just be a normal couple now.” he said.

“Oh they do. You still have to earn my trust.”

He sighed. “So no movie make out time?”

I smirked and lifted my head until I was eye level with him and our lips were about an inch or two apart.

“Nope.” I whispered, before resting my head on his chest again.

He groaned.

“You’re such a tease.” He pouted, sitting forward and crossing his arms.

I laughed. “Come here.” I said, pulling him closer. I turned his head to face mine and attached our lips. I moved my lips against his until he started kissing back. Then, feeling generous, I deepened the kiss, and shoved my tongue in his mouth.

I then pulled away and pecked his lips one more time before re-situating myself in my original position.

“There are you happy now?” I asked.

“For now.” he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this chapter sucks so badly. xD I was just kinda in the mood for updating and had no real plan for this chapter. hah.