Take My ***ing Hand

The Universe Hates Me

I woke up confused, with a pounding headache. I was in a strange position laying across the seat. I had also somehow managed to get my arm tangled in the seat belt. 

It took me a second, then it finally dawned on me. I was in the backseat of a totaled taxi cab, still somehow alive. The windows were all smashed in and the roof seemed a lot lower then it was originally with huge dents across the center. 

I glanced towards the front seat, only to see the lifeless body of our taxi driver. I gasped and began to freak out a little. I was on the verge of hyperventilating when something else dawned on me. Where was Brendon?

I noticed that on one side, the door was completely gone, leaving a spot for someone just as skinny as myself to crawl through. I untangled myself from the seat belt and tried my hardest to crawl out from the backseat. I managed to avoid the sharp pieces of broken glass. 

Once I managed to pull myself out, I landed on a bed of leaves and pine needles. Using the hunk of metal that used to be a car next to me, I managed to get myself off the ground and onto my feet. 

Note that my head was still pounding in an excruciatingly painful way. 

My ankle was also pretty sore, but it was manageable. I took a few deep breaths. I was still pretty shaken up from the whole thing.

I also ignored the fact that there was blood running down the side of my head to avoid freaking out again. 

I was brought back into reality a the sound of a faint voice coming from not to far away. I limped over to the other side of the car to see Brendon pacing back and forth nearly hyperventilating while talking, or yelling, at himself. He looked just as freaked out as I felt.

"B-Brendon?" My voice sounded shaky as well. He didn't hear me and just continued pacing. 

I made my way over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. He whipped around, obviously startled. His look turned to relief when he recognized that it was me. 

"Thank God, you're alive." He exhaled. He then did the unexpected and wrapped his arms around me in a gentle hug. Weird. He pulled away, looking startled by his own actions 

"U-Um, what h-happened?" The last thing I remember was the car rolling down-hill, then being knocked unconscious. 

"I-I think, We- We were fighting, then the Taxi driver turned around to yell at us, th-then he lost control of the wheel, and we crashed and ended up h-here. I woke up and y-you were unconscious, and I thought you were both d-dead...." He trailed off.

"W-where are we?" I asked. I looked around and saw nothing but forest. Along with the car and tire tracks.

"The fuck of I know..." He mumbled. 

"M-Maybe if we followed the tire tracks, th-they'll lead us back up to the road." I suggested. 

He just looked at me before racing off to follow the tire tracks. I tried to chase after him but there must have been more damage done to my ankle then I thought. I just ended up limping and calling after him. 

After a few moments of silence other then my own foot steps, I heard Brendon cry out. 

"FUCK

What could possibly be wrong now? I thought to myself. I finally made it to where he was standing. And that's all he was doing. He stood there head back looking up at what was before him. 

In front of us there stood a twenty foot drop. And we were on the bottom. It stretched for as far as we could see, and there was definitely no getting up there. 

Instead of frustration, I stared up at it awe.

"How the hell did we survive that?" 

"I don't fucking now. We are never going to get out of here. Were going to fucking die here." He grumbled as he began to walk away. Well someone is an optimist. 

I made it back to the car and he was just sitting on the ground with his face in his hands. I didn't notice before, but his arm was completely torn up. There were huge gashes everywhere, huge purple bruises, and it even looked swollen. 

I wasn't going to say anything, because I felt I might be chewed out if I did. He wasn't exactly in the best mood.  

I decided that sitting and resting my ankle would be the best idea. That and coming up with some sort of plan to get us out of here. 

But I obviously couldn't do it alone. 

We were going to have to work together on this. 

"Brendon, we need to find a way out of here." I nearly demanded. 

The only response I got was an unintelligible grumble. 

Of all the people to be stranded in the middle of a forest with... We would probably end up killing each other before we found a way out of here. 

I swear, the universe hates me.

Great. Brendon's optimism is rubbing off on me.Sarcasm

I looked down and noticed that my camera somehow managed to make it through unharmed. There were a few scratches, but it still worked. 

Maybe the universe doesn't hate me so much after all.   
   
♠ ♠ ♠
Fillerish. My apologies.

Anyway, I'd like to thank Maxxie Oliver, VladimireVengeance, Codex, and xBuRiEdMySeLfAlIvEx, for their comments on the last chapter. :]