Status: School has started, so updates may be a bit slow<3

It's Not Faith

One.

Matt was nervous; palms sweater, heart beating fast. He didn't like this feeling; it was unnatural to a man who performed for a living.
Here he was, leaning against a pole at LAX, in from of the arrivals. Aviators covered his dark eyes, a backwards baseball call covered his freshly buzzed hair.
Her flight was due at 3:00, it was nearly 3:30; any minute she would walk through those doors, and he would take her off to a new life, for both of them.
Finally, a stream of people filled out from the hallway marked "arrivals". She would be there soon. Just the though of his own daughter whom he had never met, made his heart race.
Soon, he spotted a short girl with choppy black hair, dark sunglasses, and a load of piercings and suitcases. His daughter.
He walked over to her, and with each step, his confidence dwindled.
"Leila?" He cautiously asked.
She took off her sunglasses, to reveal a pair of deep green eyes.
"Mat-I mean, uhm..Thing?" She said, with a small smirk.
He smiled. "Yep. At your service." The tension was slowly fading. Slowly.
Suddenly, a crash into his chest pulled him from his thoughts. She was hugging him, with such force only a Sanders would have. He wrapped his arms around his daughter

Matt pulled the car out from the parking lot, and turned onto the Pacific Coast highway, for the hour drive to Huntington. Silence fell on the car quickly, and Matt feared things would get awkward.
The last thing you fucking want is for things to get awkward with you're own daughter
Matt shook the thought from his mind, and tried to think of a good conversation.
"H-How was your flight?"
"Long. Boring." Leila replied, not moving her eyes from the side window.
"I bet, New York's kinda far."
She smiled, and leaned her head against the glass of the window.
Again, the silence fell upon the car, turning awkward. Matt desperately tried to think of something to say, but thankfully, he just had to listen for the time being.
"My mother said you left and never wanted me." Leila said, breaking the silence.
"I knew it wasn't true. My whole life, my daddy was suppose to walk int he door just when things got bad; every night. But he; you, never did." Her voice cracked; she was holding back tears.
Matt tried to find words to reply. After searching, he could only manage to say four words.
"I am so sorry."
♠ ♠ ♠
:]
comment & subscribe pleease.
chapter 2's on the way!