Status: School has started, so updates may be a bit slow<3

It's Not Faith

Five

Matt was getting jealous of Val. Her and Leila had started talking since Val arrived.
Maybe it's a girl thing Matt sighed, as he cut up lettuce for the salad.
"So where do you like to shop?" He overheard Val ask Leila.
"Uhm anywhere really. I like weird stores, in New York there was this little vintage second hand store near my house...I went there almost every day. But I can really go shopping everywhere, I take pieces from different stores and stuff."
"Well, then I think you, me and your fathers credit card will get along just fine!"
Matt threw a pieces of lettuce at her.
"Not for you, you're cut off"
Leila laughed, and Matt smiled. IT was good to see her smile. Even though he had only seen her for what, four hours? He hadn't really seen her genuinely smile.

They all st down for dinner. IT was awkward at first, Val was trying to keep the conversation going. Leila had started to look tired and warn out. She picked at her food, and barely ate anything.
"Tomorrow do you want to go around town, Leila?" Val asked.
Leila nodded. "I'd like that."
"Have you though about school?"
Matt shook her head.
"Did my social worker tell you? There was only a week left for my school back home, so I did my exams early. So I have the summer."
Matt nodded. "Yeah, I remember him saying something like that. That's good for you, you don't have to worry until September."
Leila nodded once again, not saying anything.
"do-Do you mind if I go upstairs, I'm I'm really tired." Leila said with a tired voice.
In reality, she was trying to hold back tears.Again.
Val jumped up. "Of course Hun! If you wanna come back down, we'll be up for a while anyways! we're here if you need anything!" She said, as she pulled Leila into a hug.
Matt awkwardly stood up.
"If you need anything, we're here...just like Val said."
Leila nodded, and tried to convince herself to giver Matt a hug.
She gave him a fast, short, barely-touching hug, and practically ran up the stairs.

As soon as the door shut, Leila breathed a sigh of relief. It was just too hard for her. Everything was going too fast. She liked Val; she was caring, and seem trustworthy. Matt, on the other hand, was just awkward. Leila felt bad for the man, poor thing had to all of a sudden fit a child into his life.
No wonder he didn't want you from the start.
Stop. That's not what he said.
But what man ever tells the truth?
She sighed, and tried to take the thoughts out of her mind. She really only knew one way to do that, by hurting herself. But she would try to make an effort to stop. After all, that wouldn't be a very good impression.
Leila tried to busy herself by re-folding and un-packing her clothes. After that, she moved on to organizing her jewelery and make up onto the dresser. After that. She re-arranged all the furniture. Twice. And then, with one final glace at the clock, she fell asleep at 7:10.
♠ ♠ ♠
meh.
thankies for the the comments!<3