Status: School has started, so updates may be a bit slow<3

It's Not Faith

Seven

The next morning Leila awoke to sounds of banging and giggles.
First of all, I slept? And second, What the fuck is that noise?
Glancing at the clock, she decided it was a suitable time to get up; 11:45
Leila slipped out of her bed, and headed to the bathroom to shower.

The mirror showed all of her imperfections. She was standing in jean shorts, and her bra. Taking herself in. She had blow dried her hair, and straightened her bangs. She put some foundation on, and some mascara. Still, Leila had the urge to punch the mirror, and she had to step away to prevent the act of violence. She slipped a long sleeve loose shirt on, and headed down the stairs. Down each step, she could see the scars on her legs showing. Three weeks before she moved to California, she decided to stop cutting her legs. Shorts and sweaters were less suspicious than pants and sweaters in the hot California sun.
Finally, Leila was at the bottom of the steps. Voices; two of which were Vals and her father, filled the ground floor. There was also one other male voice. Leila begun to grew nervous. She was a fan of Avenged Sevenfold. Not to the extreme, but this was fucking crazy that that voice could be one of the most amazing drummers in the room.
"Oh my fucking God I've been waaaiitttingg!" A tall lanky man said as he pop out of the kitchen door way. There in all his glory, was The Rev.
Leila turned red as he rushed over to her. He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a massive hug.

"You look so much like your dad. Holy shit, you're kinda short eh? Oh well. I'm your uncle Jimmy, we're gonna be the best of friends okay?"
"Jimmy, you're gonna scare her." Val said through laughter as she came into the hallway where Jimmy and Leila were still standing; Leila blushing red, and Jimmy with a huge smile on his face.
"Come Leila, let's go into the kitchen; This creeper here-" Val smiled,as she pointed to Jimmy. "Is scarier is a dark hallway."
"Hey!!!" Jimmy screamed, and stuck his tongue out at Val. Val only returned it, and lead the way to the kitchen.

Leila laughed, and followed Val and Jimmy into the kitchen. Jimmy kept looking over his shoulder and smiling and Leila, which she would return with a small smile.
She entered the kitchen, with her dad sitting at the table, drinking coffee.
"Hey Leila. How did you sleep?" Matt asked, unfazed by the bouncing Jimmy who had taken a seat across from him.
"Fine..." She looked around awkwardly and took a seat next to Jimmy, who had a warm, welcome feeling around him.
Leila glanced at her legs, where angry red, and shiny pale pink lines showed.
I need to pull down these shorts Leila thought, as she tried to tug them down without anyone noticing. A few scars were now hidden by her shorts, but still some stuck out against her pale thighs.

Leila tried not to be obvious while trying to conceal her scars. She tried to follow the conversation Jimmy, Matt and Val were having.
"Leila, did you hear me?" Jimmy's voice rang through her head.
Leila looked up away from my empty thoughts. Jimmy had a hint of concern in his eyes, my dad was staring at me across the table, and Val had a slight frown.
"N-No sorry, what did you-"
Jimmy's laughter interrupted her. "I asked if you wanted to go to breakfast with us! We're gonna meet Zacky and Brian too! I mean if you don't want to come I guess I under-"
"I'd love to." Leila interrupted Jimmy's longer than need question.
To make them happy

Matt started to mention the studio, and soon him and Jimmy were in a full blown conversation about music. Leila again was off in her day dream. Val had placed a cup of coffee in front of her, and she gratefully drank it. She tried to pay attention to her father and Jimmy's conversation, but she kept loosing track of it. Jimmy would glace at her once in a while; it was making her a little nervous.
I'm sure he just means well.

The conversation eventually died down, Leila knew that much.
"I'm gonna go shower, I'll be down in ten." Matt said, getting up.
Leila had looked around and saw that Val had also disappeared, and she was left alone with Jimmy. She was apprehensive at first. Should she go? Should she stay? Before she could make a decision, Jimmy spoke.
"So how are you doing? Like the house?"
Leila nodded. "It's so big. Much bigger than my old house. It's been kinda weird, yesterday was a long day..but I guess it's okay."
Leila felt as if she could spill her soul out to the tall man sitting beside her.
"Yeah, I can understand that, It must be fucking weird trying to adjust to a man you've never met before."

Leila nodded. "I don't want to hurt his feelings, or make him upset."
Jimmy shook his head. "Matt could never get upset...well, I mean if you like set a car on fire, or like stole a plane; I'm sure he'd be pissed off, but I don't really think he could be upset with you. He was so happy when he got that call. All he talked about was you for weeks. Hey, I helped paint your room! Do you like it?!"
Leila smiled at the kind words of advice from Jimmy.
"Yes, I fucking love my room. The colours are amazing."
Jimmy beamed. Leila got up to put her coffee cup in the sink when Jimmy grabbed her arm. Leila's heart started racing.
"What happened to your legs?"
Leila glanced down at her thighs, then at Jimmy.
"Uh, that? It's, uhm nothing. Just an accident I had when I was little. I was really clumsy."
Leila was panicking. She could feel the sweat form and her chest tighten.
Jimmy stared at her oddly for a moment. "Are you sure?"
Leila nodded, trying to laugh. "Yes, It was my childhood."
Jimmy dropped her arm, and nodded."alright..."
"I gotta go get ready.."

Jimmy nodded again. "Okay...And Leila? You can tell me anything, okay? I know it's really hard to adjust, and I can imagine trying to talk to your dad you just met would be hard..but I'm always here. Anytime. Here."
Jimmy grabbed a scrap of paper and scribbled something.
"Call me if you need anything Doesn't matter what about, what time, anything, okay?"
Leila could feel the tears forming in her eyes. Something so small, but so nice; something that could save someones life.
"Thank you." She whispered, and nearly ran out of the kitchen door to get to her new haven, her bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
its so long!
so I'm now in summer school, boo. I didn't think i was gonna go, but i ended up. so updates may be alittle slower, but they should be still going pretty fast.
much love<3
EDIT: if you got a bunch of emails, its cuz my computer fucked up and it posted a bunch of this chapter.