Sequel: Lose Control
Status: Complete

The Only Exception

What is the past is better left in the past

Jason and I refused to sleep in the house and had gotten a hotel room for the night and the following night. I of course was the first one up and that meant I got to the shower first. I was also dressed twenty minutes later and Jason still wasn’t up. Sadly he had to get up since we had a meeting with the realtor and antique expert since most of the shit in that house was ancient. We already took out all of our stuff that we wanted to keep and while Jason didn’t need me I planned on making a trip to the nearest bridge and letting my past go completely.

Smacking Jason upside the head I smirked when he fell off the bed with a squeak.

“Good morning dear brother. Get your ass up before I unhook the hot water,” giggling I grabbed a room key, slipped into my converse and went searching for some coffee.
It didn’t take me long and by the time I got back to the room Jason was just pulling a shirt on.

Handing him his cup of coffee, I grabbed my purse and sunglasses and headed out of the room. Calling back to Jason just outside, “Meetings in twenty minutes so let’s go slow poke,”

I let Jason drive, he was better on less caffeine and he didn’t like my driving skills. So in the end we were five minutes late to the meeting. Pulling to a stop in front of the house I smacked Jason again before getting out of the rover.

“Good morning Mr. Andrew’s sorry to keep you waiting. Mrs. Livingston,” nodding to both the expert and the realtor, I slipped out the house key and opened the door while Jason greeted them as well.

I didn’t hold much of a conversation; I let Jason do that while I showed Mrs. Livingston around the house as she asked.

“Ms. Hansel,” pausing at the top of the elegant stairwell, I looked back at her, cocking my head to the side to show that I had heard her, “Are you aware of the sheer magnitude of the antique perfection in this house?” shrugging in response I waited for her to finish, “This is entire house, if sold together with the furniture is worth millions of dollars; I highly advise that you take that into consideration. In fact if I had the right estimate, I would myself purchase this house right now,”

Raising my head, I turned completely to look at her. “How much can you afford?” this just happened to be a very good Saturday if I could get everything dealt with at once.
Several hours later after striking a deal with Mr. Andrews and making sure he could have the contract drawn up for tonight; I dropped Jason off at the hotel and gathered everything I was removing from my life. The two of us were meeting up with Mr. Andrews and Mrs. Livingston to get the contract signed in a few hours and I needed to get these things gone before I could convince Jason to drive back tonight. I wanted to be home, safe with Jill and sleep in my own bed in Emmett’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's short but it was all I could think to put for this update. Next we have two parts left and they should both be up tomorrow.

Much Love,
<3 Devon