Sequel: Lose Control
Status: Complete

The Only Exception

Blackout Hilarity

Fast Forward two weeks

Emmett hadn’t been at school for a week; actually the whole Cullen Family hadn’t been at school for a week. Apparently they went and did forestry stuff as a family when it was a nice weather. I was totally into the stuff and wish I could get away with something like that.
Last week we had been partnered up to do an English literature project. One that we hadn’t even been able to start since it required that the both of us be able to study the lines and present a modernized version of a scene from a play. We got stuck with Shakespeare’s Hamlet. The scene when Hamlet informs Ophelia that they aren’t going to be together anymore.

As of this moment, school was out for the weekend and Jason had made plans with his new girlfriend, or well love interest; Roselie Hale. I was currently laying on the couch laughing as my brother ran around trying to look nice. And I was enjoying every minute of it.

“What about these jeans and this shirt?” coming to a halt in front of me in his fifth outfit.

“It looks great Jas,” rolling my eyes when he went off on a rant about how many things were wrong with it and ran off to change again. Some days I wondered if my twin brother wasn’t actually my twin sister. Giggling at his antics, I picked up my ringing phone.

“Hey girl, Rose just left. Is Jason still having issues finding a decent outfit?” bursting out laughing, I remembered my earlier text to Alice. The family had come back from hunting or camping or whatever it was that they had been doing or said they had been doing, this afternoon.

“Yes. I swear he has to be my twin sister or something because he is going on outfit number six, or at least the sixth one he has shown me. Hey before I forget, are you still coming over tonight?” I may not have been the best or the most open with people but Alice, Rose, Bella and the guys had grown on me.

“Oh most definitely I figured I’d drag Emmett and Jasper over and we could watch movies and get to work on that project for Lit class.” Ok so not a girl’s night.

“Yeah, that sounds great.” Or not; now I was worrying. I couldn’t wear what I was in. I was wearing sweats and a tight tank. This would not do. “I’ll see you soon,” hanging up my phone, I ran for the stairs falling flat on my face when I hit the first step. That meant my face landed on the damn stair. Letting out a scream as the blood gushed out of nose, Jason stood at the top of the stairs mouth wide over the amount of blood.

“Oh my god,” he yelled just as the door burst open and Emmett stood there with Alice, Rose, Jasper and to my surprise their adoptive father Carlisle. Damn, they have to be mind readers. Tears were running down my face, leaking onto my shirt mixing with the blood that was drenching it. And Emmett looked like he wanted to attack me. Eat me alive even and Jasper was no better.

“Holy shit,” picking me up, Emmett rushed me to the kitchen, setting me on the table and gently pushing my hair back. It was right then, even though I was in a lot of pain and I felt like someone had fed me to a wood chipper, that something was odd about this situation. But the pain was too much for me to think through.

I couldn’t pay attention to anything but the tears running down my face as Jason and Emmett both held one of my hands; Emmett was rubbing my back with his free hand and Jason was running his fingers through my hair, calming me down. But nothing was working. I could feel Dr. Cullen messing around with my face but I couldn’t see it. I couldn’t see much of anything.
The pain was clouding my vision but the last thing I did see was a pair of turquoise eyes before I blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I originally had something else in mind for this part, but I wanted to show ofmy Kayden's clumsy skills.

Hope you enjoyed

Devon