‹ Prequel: You Belong With Me
Status: Finished :)

Without You Around

001

I threw my phone down in frustration as I got Danny’s voicemail for what seemed like the hundredth time in a row. Usually, I would understand if I did, considering he might be onstage, but I knew that he was at home before the GK tour started next week.

Over the past 2 weeks or so things had gotten rocky between Danny and I, and I wasn’t exactly sure why. More than anything, I thought they’d be better considering we’d be on the road for almost 2 months together.

“What’s wrong girl?” Cassadee asked walking into the living room of her apartment.

“Danny still won’t answer his phone,” I said with a frustrated sigh, “I haven’t talked to him since last week, and it’s really bugging me.”

“Maybe he’s just busy?” she suggested in an unsure voice, “But then again, how busy could he be at 9 at night on a Tuesday.”

“Those are exactly my thoughts! If he doesn’t want to talk on the phone, he could at least send me a freaking BBM every now and then. Whatever, I’m done trying,” I said standing up and grabbing my phone, “I’m going on a walk.”

Cassadee just nodded before turning on the TV as I walked out the front door. I clipped the key ring, holding only a house key and my car keys onto my belt loop and headed off in some random direction. I pulled out my phone and dialed Alice’s number, hoping she’d pick.

“Hello?”

“Alice, it’s Addy,” I said walking into the small park I was passing.

“Addy, hey, how are you?” she said sounding more chipper.

“Could be better,” I said laughing, “Just stupid boy issues.”

“You still haven’t talked to Danny, I’m presuming?” she asked as I sat on the cold bench, “Matt said he talked to him yesterday, and he seemed a bit off, but didn’t think much about it.”

“No, but I’ve been trying to call and text him,” I said letting out a soft sigh, “Next week is going to be awkward, I can already tell. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I want to make this all work out, but it just seems to be slipping away right now.”

“It’ll work out in the end babe,” Alice said in a comforting voice, “Now go get some Ben and Jerry’s and listen to Taylor Swift. That can make any bad boy situation better.”

I let out a soft chuckle, and told her I’d take her advice before telling her goodbye. I started back towards Cassadee’s apartment, but made a quick stop at Duane & Reede to grab some ice cream. I bought a pint of Half Baked, and made my way back to the apartment.

Cassadee was already asleep in her room, so I quietly grabbed a spoon from the kitchen and made my way to the guest room. I set the spoon and ice cream on the nightstand and changed into my sleep shorts and a baggy t-shirt. I propped myself up with a few pillows and draped the comforter over my legs before grabbing my iPod and slipping my earphones in.

I put all of my Taylor Swift on shuffle, and dipped my spoon into the rich chocolate ice cream. I nibbled on the ice cream and mulled over the frantic thoughts going through my head. I was mad, depressed, and in a sense disgusted with my situation. I didn’t understand what I had done to make Danny stop talking to me, but I wanted answers.

I picked my phone up and twirled it in my fingers, debating on whether or not to try to call him one final time. My finger idled over the call button, but quickly moved away as You Belong With Me started to play. I could feel the tears sting at the back of my eyes, and put my phone back on my nightstand.

I went and put my ice cream away, before brushing my teeth and climbing back into bed. I switched my iPod to a different playlist, and fell asleep with tears stinging my eyes as Miserable at Best by Mayday Parade came through my headphones.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part uno :)
idk if I like it, but the next part brings Mr. Kurily back.

comments?