‹ Prequel: You Belong With Me
Status: Finished :)

Without You Around

008

I cursed at the Civic in front me for driving about 10 below the speed limit, as I checked the clock for the hundredth time. I was dress shopping with my closest friend from LA, and I was almost late for my appointment.

My phone buzzed right as I turned into the parking lot, and I answered it assuring my friend Molly that I was on my way in. I found a space as fast as possible, and hustled into the building, practically jogging.

“I’m so sorry I’m late,” I said as I saw Molly sitting on the leather couches, “Now let’s get this show on the road.”

“They’re waiting for us,” Molly said standing up and leading me to the back.

I followed her, and almost squealed at the sight in front of me. Alice, Reegan, and my mom were standing by the pedestal with the fitting lady. I ran up and hugged them all, and couldn’t stop smiling.

“Molly, you’re the best bridesmaid ever!” I said as I gave her a hug, “I can’t believe you got these three here!”

“I couldn’t do it alone, Danny helped a lot,” she said shooting me a smile, “Now what are we waiting for? Let’s get you into some dresses!”

I told the lady what styles I was looking for, as well as my budget, while she jotted it all down on a small notepad.

“Alright, I have a few dresses I think you’ll love,” She said shooting me a smile, “I’m going to grab them from the back. While I do that, just strip into your underwear and bra and we’ll start the fittings right away.”

I nodded, and waited for her to re-shut the door before I started to undress. I placed my baggy gray ‘Bayside Tigers’ sweatshirt over the back of the chair, followed by my red tank top and worn boot-cut jeans.

There was a soft knock at the door, and the lady walked back in holding three dresses. I stared in at awe at their beauty and couldn’t wait to get into them. The first was simple, with horizontal pleating along top that ended right above my waist. It had a wide strap that went over my left shoulder, and was gathered up a bit at the waist on the left side.

“You look gorgeous,” Alice said as I walked out and stood on the podium.

“So stunning,” my mom said as a tear came to her eye, “I can’t believe you’re getting married!”

“Awh mom, don’t cry,” I said as she stood up and came to hug me, “So this is a good dress, let’s see how the others look.”

The second dress was a silky, mermaid style one, with a bunched hem. It was gorgeous, but I didn’t like how it hung on my body. Everyone agreed that the first one was better, and I went in to put on the third and final dress.

It was a strapless dress, with a tight bodice before fanning out into loose bottom. Right under my chest, was a lace belt/ribbon that was fashioned into a flower on the right side of the dress. The material was semi twisted to the right above the ribbon, and then to the left below it.

When I looked into the mirror as the lady zipped me up, I couldn’t help but to smile. I felt as though the dress accented my curves perfectly, and it was at that moment that I knew this was the perfect dress. I walked out into the waiting room, and saw all of them smile at me.

“Wow, Addy, just wow,” Reegan said as I smoothed it a bit.

“This is the one,” I said smiling as wide as I possibly could, “I can just tell, this is perfect.”

They all gave their agreement, and the lady smiled and told us that we could start the measurements so they knew exactly how to tailor it. I stood as still as possible as the lady put pins in every inch of the dress.

“Alright, I’ll help slip you out of this in the dressing room, and you’ll be good to pay,” she said as she put the final pin into the dress, “We’ll also set you up with a few more fittings, before the wedding just to make sure it’s perfect.”

“Thank you so much,” I smiled as we shuffled back to the changing room.

She quickly helped me out of the dress, and put it in the covering before exiting and allowing me to change. I slid all of my clothes back on, before sending a text to Danny thanking him for bringing my family, and Alice out for my dress fitting.

“Alright, now for bridesmaid dresses!” I said as I walked out to join everyone else, “I already picked them out at this little botique down the street, so all you guys have to do is be fitted.”

“I swear to god, if it has puffy sleeves, I’ll kill you,” Alice said as we exited the shop.

“Nah, I just went for the hoedown looking pastel colored ones,” I said laughing, “Would you guys just want to walk? It’s only a block away?”

When we got to the shop, the girls were pleased with their dresses. I had picked purple dresses that ended right above the knee, and were only tight around the chest. They had an uneven hem, being longer in the back and had a knot type gather on the front of the chest.

After they had all been fitted for their dresses, we decided to go to lunch at a small Bistro, before heading back to our homes, or hotels.

---------------------------------------

A few weeks later, I woke up with a congested head and to an empty bed. As I sat up, I brought my hand to my head and groaned at the pressure that was built up. I slowly pushed my self off of the bed, and walked into the bathroom in search of medicine. Upon finding nothing but cologne, toothpaste and bandaids in the medicine cabinet, I pulled my hair up into a messy bun.

Danny’s black ATL hoody was draped over the towel rack, so I slid it on over my white tanktop and teal sleep shorts. I trudged down the stairs, slipped on a pair of flip-flops and made my way into the garage. I drove the short 3 minute drive to Wal-Greens without the radio on, in fear that it would only make my head throb worse. Once I arrived at the pharmacy, I found my way to the Dayquil, and picked up a bottle of it, along with some Nyquil. After grabbing a few boxes of tissues, and a box of tea I was on my way home.

Once I was home, I took my first dose of Dayquil and buried myself under a blanket on the couch. I absentmindedly flipped through the TV channels, and finally settled on a re-run of Viva La Bam I had seen numerous times.

Around 1:30, I heard the front door open and close, causing me to wake up. I pushed myself on the couch, and shot a weak smile at Danny.

“Hey babe,” I said clearing my throat a little, “How are you?”

“A lot better than you by the sounds of it,” he said coming to sit by me, “You feeling okay?”

“No, I feel like shit,” I said letting out a cough, “You’re home early though.”

“Yeah, Pete took the rest of the day off to spend with Bronx and Ashlee,” he said brushing my hair out of my face.

“I always end up getting sick when you have time off, “ I said as I reached for another tissue, “This sucks.”

“Awe don’t do the pouty face,” Danny said causing me to laugh, “How about I go make us some lunch and then we’ll watch a movie of your choice. How does that sound?”

“Perfect,” I said smiling, “I need to make some tea anyways.”

As I went to get up, Danny lightly pushed me back onto the couch insisting that he would be taking care of me completely for the rest of the day. I smiled at his generosity as he walked into the kitchen behind us. I went over to the entertainment center, and started rifling through the vast collection of DVD’s. I grabbed The Notebook from the drawer, and popped it in the DVD player before returning to my spot on the couch.

I switched everything to the right component, and waited while Danny bustled around in the kitchen. He brought me a cup of my tea, before walking back into the kitchen and grabbing our lunch. He came back and handed me a bagel sandwich, before sitting next to me and hitting play on the movie.

I only got halfway through my sandwich before feeling full, so I set it on the table before re-curling up in my blanket. Danny finished his sandwich, before pulling me into his side and cuddling down under the blanket with me. It didn’t take long for me to fall asleep, and I was sure Danny followed shortly after.
♠ ♠ ♠
Addy's Dress
Bridesmaid Dresses

Thoughts?!?

OMFG. So Danny @replied me on twitter the other day randomly after I reblogged something from his blog saing he was my #1 celeb crush. THIS was the reply :)