‹ Prequel: You Belong With Me
Status: Finished :)

Without You Around

009

[Christmas]

Danny and I stepped out of the silver rental car, and into the cold Detroit air. We had spent Thanksgiving in Colorado, and found it only fitting to spend Christmas in Detroit.

We walked around the trunk, and starting pulling out the presents that we had brought for his family. Once they were all secured in our arms, we walked up shoveled driveway, and waited on the front porch for the door to be answered.

“Danny, Addison, you guys made it,” his mom said opening the door, and giving us both a hug.

“Sorry it took forever, traffic was horrendous,” Danny said kissing his moms cheek, “Want the presents in the living room?”

“Yes, under the tree is perfect,” she said closing the front door, “Tara, Dylan and Julia are already in there, and Julia can’t wait to see you.”

Danny smiled at the mention of his niece, and lead me into the cozy, warm living room.

“Uncle Danny!” Julia practically screamed as soon as we were in her line of sight.

“Julie bean,” he said droping the presents and swooping her up in his arms, “How’s my favorite little niece been?”

“I’m your only niece,” she said giggling.

“Which is why you’re my favorite,” he said giggling along with her.

“And who is that?” she said pointing to me.

“This is my fiancé, Addison,” Danny said walking over to me, “She’ll be Aunt Addison in a few months.”

“Hi Julia, I’m glad to meet you finally,” I said smiling at the energetic five year old, “I really like your dress.”

“Thank you,” she said acting shy and burrowing into Danny’s neck.

I let out a soft laugh, and Danny lead me to his sister and brother-in-law to introduce me.

“Addison, this is my sister Tara and her husband Dylan,” he said nodding between us, “Guys, this is my fiancé Addison.”

“I’m so glad I’m finally meeting the girl to was able to steal my brothers heart,” Tara said standing up to give me a hug.

“I’m happy to meet you too,” I said smiling, “He always talks about you guys and Julia.”

“We hear about Uncle Danny all of the time,” Dylan said with a laugh, “He sure does know how to spoil her. Just wait until you guys have kids.”

“They don’t stand a chance at not being spoiled,” I said laughing along with him.

We made idle chat for a few minutes, before Danny’s dad walked in and announced that Dinner was served. We made our way into the dining room, and crowded around the square oak table. Danny was to my left, while his Dad was to my right on another side of the table.

After Danny’s dad said grace, and the wine was poured, we dug into the ham and other dressings that were lining the table.

“So have you guys picked an official date yet?” his mom asked after a few minutes of silence.

“The 17th of April,” I said smiling at her, “We’re actually sending out the save the dates when we get back to LA.”

“It’s going to be such a lovely wedding,” his mom said sweetly, “What about honeymoons?”

“We aren’t too sure,” Danny said shrugging, “We’ve thought of a few places, but nothing is set in stone yet.”

“Before the subjects of our wedding is abandoned, we actually have something kind of important to ask Dylan and Tara,” I said shifting my attention to them, “We were wondering if you guys would let Julia be the flower girl for the wedding?”

“Please mommy and daddy?! Please please please!?” Julia asked with huge puppy dog eyes as soon as the question was asked.

“We can’t deny her now,” Dylan said laughing a little bit, “So yes, she can be your flower girl.”

I let out a sigh of relief, and mentally checked another item of the wedding to-do list. For the rest of dinner, we talked about everyday life, and Julia told us what Santa had brought her this morning.

While Tara and I helped clean up the kitchen, Dylan, Danny, Julia and his dad went into the living room to start sorting presents. I was thankful for how easy his family had accepted me, and couldn’t wait until I became an official part of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
More so a filler :/
Sorry guys.

WEDDING IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!
I need honeymoon ideas :)
Any suggestions!?